Summer Tournament, Surf vs. Silverlakes....

But the porta potties are the most disgusting I have every seen at any tournament. The health department should have been called!
Let me clarify for those who were't there, the porta potties at Surf Cup were disgusting!

While I agree Thanksgiving in Norco was a huge success and incredibly well attended by the coaches,.. The same will not be said for this summer.

After the Thanksgiving events, Surf was forced to create a better product with longer halves, a selection committee, and now a DA bracket. Highly unlikely you see four flights at each age,.. And the venue and location alone during the summer is an absolute no brainer.

Surf Cup wins this battle easily. Look for Silverlakes to be predominately loaded with Legends and Slammers teams.

For all the newbies this is a Surf Homer who has been intimately involved with the Surf tournaments since before my hair was gray.
Grain of salt...grain of salt
Love Surf Cup not going to lie but as an old timer around here the product gets worse and worse every year. If what you are saying is true I look forward to the return of the glory days because they were awesome under CC and MC direction

For all the newbies this is a Surf Homer who has been intimately involved with the Surf tournaments since before my hair was gray.
Grain of salt...grain of salt
Love Surf Cup not going to lie but as an old timer around here the product gets worse and worse every year. If what you are saying is true I look forward to the return of the glory days because they were awesome under CC and MC direction

No homer involved here. I have no dog in the fight. Merely stating facts

I remember when Surf Cup truly was "the Best of the Best". I always looked forward to attending Surf cup with both of my kids.

No homer involved here. I have no dog in the fight. Merely stating facts

I won't argue the how's or whys but let me ask you this :
1. What specifically do you mean by "a better product"?
My issue over the last three years was not the reffing, porta potties, grass, and all of the other trivial complaints people made. My issue was the fact that it went from being an exclusive event to an absolute money grab (which I totally get by the way). My DD was always top flight but it took away from the event.
People complain no matter what! If SC was exclusive people used to complain about "how they beat so and so " and "didn't get in". I remember those days!
Genuinely interested in why a better product means because my coach was not interested in going back this year after Last years experience. I would like to sway him

With 2nd tier brackets it's no longer the case. It's just another tournament....

I do hate to say it but it's so true. I know we aren't paying for it so who are we to even understand the cost of running a tournament, marketing, taking care of out of town teams, forging relationships...but YES. Pretending like Blackhawks or a Crossfire team was any match for us was annoying.
Again genuinely curious and would I love Surf to say enough is enough and just go back to being this ultra exclusive event and take their brand back. I would love that!

I won't argue the how's or whys but let me ask you this :
1. What specifically do you mean by "a better product"?
My issue over the last three years was not the reffing, porta potties, grass, and all of the other trivial complaints people made. My issue was the fact that it went from being an exclusive event to an absolute money grab (which I totally get by the way). My DD was always top flight but it took away from the event.
People complain no matter what! If SC was exclusive people used to complain about "how they beat so and so " and "didn't get in". I remember those days!
Genuinely interested in why a better product means because my coach was not interested in going back this year after Last years experience. I would like to sway him

Fair enough and I agree.

As for what's better - the game duration is no longer an issue. The halves are now regulation. How about being a u16 team back to lastcyearvand getting a

Fair enough and I agree.

As for what's better - the game duration is no longer an issue. The halves are now regulation. How about being a u16 team back to lastcyearvand getting a

We were lucky. We had smooth running games and didn't get cut short. We also like our refs a lot.
Looking forward to passing this info on.
I do have to say no matter what with the age change last year was destined to be a crap shoot with brackets.
Is the DA bracket obviously only DA? Is this a US soccer thing or what?
Does anyone know if at Silverlakes DA teams would play non DA teams?
For me that's an issue- would prefer Surf if so

Back