Substitution Rules

Quote Bootizila, "The reality is that most of these sub rules are not followed by the match officals. This especially holds true in the scdsl. Yes in National cup, and the DA. But Ive seen a many of DA matches where the subs flowed freely and unlimited"

What location, date, time?
I can't believe it, but you are actually dumber and more arrogant that espola and quickly approaching MAP.

Quote Bootizila, "The reality is that most of these sub rules are not followed by the match officals. This especially holds true in the scdsl. Yes in National cup, and the DA. But Ive seen a many of DA matches where the subs flowed freely and unlimited"

You are such a buffoon that you don't even realize that the people you think respect you are laughing behind your back.

Yes mistakes do happen, but at higher levels administrative mistakes are not excused. Every referee working DA games signs the league agreement before they are assigned. Substitution is the most basic of basics.

I was surprised when I heard because the referee that made the mistake is very good. Evidently he had worked a PDL or NPSL game the day before and just spaced the substitute rules during the first half of the DA game. ARs realized the mistake and told the referee. I am assuming one of the coaches (probably losing coach) reported the mistake. Even the best referees in the world make mistakes.

I was surprised when I heard because the referee that made the mistake is very good. Evidently he had worked a PDL or NPSL game the day before and just spaced the substitute rules during the first half of the DA game. ARs realized the mistake and told the referee. I am assuming one of the coaches (probably losing coach) reported the mistake. Even the best referees in the world make mistakes.
Except jap

He may be talking about the U-12 DA. The U12 DA does have unlimited subs. The U13/14 have 7 subs over three moments which may seem like unlimited.

If it is the same game I'm thinking of, it was one substitution and the restart was too fast for the referee to do anything about it except report it. The poster talked of many DA games where substitution rules were not enforced. That didn't happen.

In the U12-14 DA games I've seen in person or video some coaches and officials are still getting used to application of the sub rules and the detail accounting in the game reports.

For U13+ I've seen both coaches and officials argue about when subs are allowed, how many at a time, and how many total. The substitution pass card has all the info but getting every body to understand and use them properly is a small learning curve. The halftime subing is one area that has caused some confusion since it doesn't count as one of the 3 "moments". Why halftime is not a moment (tiny print on the card) is strange to some and that takes some getting used used to the terminology. A injury is a moment for example and counts as one of the 3 but I've seen them not count those and teams getting 3 other moments plus the half time sub. There is also a special suspected head injury sub rule that allows a temp sub for evals purposes but some don't know about that one much either.

The post game completion of the game day report/stats by the ref crew for the goals, subs, and misconducts that is verified by both clubs before they sign is suppose to catch any discrepancies. The number of misconducts on the reports vs actual in the game seems to be the one of the other area of concern during these reviews.

In the U12-14 DA games I've seen in person or video some coaches and officials are still getting used to application of the sub rules and the detail accounting in the game reports.

For U13+ I've seen both coaches and officials argue about when subs are allowed, how many at a time, and how many total. The substitution pass card has all the info but getting every body to understand and use them properly is a small learning curve. The halftime subing is one area that has caused some confusion since it doesn't count as one of the 3 "moments". Why halftime is not a moment (tiny print on the card) is strange to some and that takes some getting used used to the terminology. A injury is a moment for example and counts as one of the 3 but I've seen them not count those and teams getting 3 other moments plus the half time sub. There is also a special suspected head injury sub rule that allows a temp sub for evals purposes but some don't know about that one much either.

The post game completion of the game day report/stats by the ref crew for the goals, subs, and misconducts that is verified by both clubs before they sign is suppose to catch any discrepancies. The number of misconducts on the reports vs actual in the game seems to be the one of the other area of concern during these reviews.[/QUOTEThat is why referees must read the handbook and pass a mandatory quiz before they can be assigned to any game.

The post game completion of the game day report/stats by the ref crew for the goals, subs, and misconducts that is verified by both clubs before they sign is suppose to catch any discrepancies. The number of misconducts on the reports vs actual in the game seems to be the one of the other area of concern during these reviews.
That is why referees must read the game day procedures and pass a mandatory quiz before being assigned to these games.

Back