Strikers ECNL rumors

I also think don't understand what ECNL is doing. They're ruining the recruiting process for the girls. I'm part of Legends and we had to send our top 04 team to play in the crappy ECRL league just to qualify. Beach had to do the same thing. So, Beach and Legends destroyed all the "B" teams just to qualify (which they did) ? WTF. A whole year wasted for these girls. I have a simple solution ECNL. Just put the best clubs in ECNL and stop with the games. Why give GA any leverage to say they're the best? I can almost guarantee that any team in GA that is offered an ECNL spot would take it in a heartbeat. Legends and Beach (if I may speak for Beach) would have jumped at this last year so these girls could be playing against other worthy opponents. If ECNL just followed my one simple solution, GA would probably fold and ECNL could retain its top league status which I think we all want right? I mean why haven't Pats, LA Galaxy, Utah Royals and City been offered ECNL spots? Hoping ECNL pulls their heads out their you know what.
LA Galaxy no longer exists and Royals are in. Many would argue the Royals aren't even the best club in AZ. But they are better than the other two AZ clubs currently in AZ

There is room for both, almost has to be. There is enough talent in CA that girls from GA and ECNL will move on to D1/D2/D3/NAIA etc, etc. schools. I won't argue that ECNL consists of the top CA clubs. There aren't enough roster slots available for all of the top talent in CA to play in these top clubs, thus the GA. They have the platform, the connections, and the clout to access coaches, YNT staff/scouts ETC. Will the GA stick around? who knows. They've done well during this weird year. Do they carry the clout in CA (at least in parent's eyes), not yet, maybe never. Will they place girls in college. Yep. Will they get YNT looks, yep.

Find a club in either league that your kid can play consistently on, find a coach with a track record of placement and you will be fine. The first day of college preseason, no one is talking about what league they were in.

Besides, I think it's silly that CA even has to be in ECNL. You guys are your own league. Just play each other, drive down the street, get in a good game, have coaches in attendence, and call it a day. Why drive to AZ or Vegas? I know it's not that simple but many would agree that minimizing travel is a good thing....keeping down costs expands the talent net.

LA Galaxy no longer exists and Royals are in. Many would argue the Royals aren't even the best club in AZ. But they are better than the other two AZ clubs currently in AZ

There is room for both, almost has to be. There is enough talent in CA that girls from GA and ECNL will move on to D1/D2/D3/NAIA etc, etc. schools. I won't argue that ECNL consists of the top CA clubs. There aren't enough roster slots available for all of the top talent in CA to play in these top clubs, thus the GA. They have the platform, the connections, and the clout to access coaches, YNT staff/scouts ETC. Will the GA stick around? who knows. They've done well during this weird year. Do they carry the clout in CA (at least in parent's eyes), not yet, maybe never. Will they place girls in college. Yep. Will they get YNT looks, yep.

Find a club in either league that your kid can play consistently on, find a coach with a track record of placement and you will be fine. The first day of college preseason, no one is talking about what league they were in.

Besides, I think it's silly that CA even has to be in ECNL. You guys are your own league. Just play each other, drive down the street, get in a good game, have coaches in attendence, and call it a day. Why drive to AZ or Vegas? I know it's not that simple but many would agree that minimizing travel is a good thing....keeping down costs expands the talent net.
Yeah, my bad on LA Galaxy. We played City which I believe came from LA Galaxy so I over generalized. Yes, good point here. I wish we could have ECNL just stay in CA to cut down expenses. One can wish.

This is one of the most level-headed things I've read on here!

As far as I know, most of the striker's girl ECNL teams rosters are set for next season. ECNL has to at least let them play out the next season,

My understanding is the 06 team has not even held official tryouts yet. The coach Estaban Chaves is waiting till after Florida. Feel bad for thegirls that are not invited back, they will have a hard time finding a high level team this late in the tryout process.

That only means he is not going to drop girls. It is hard to replace girls at this point. That team is doing pretty decent in ECNL.

That only means he is not going to drop girls. It is hard to replace girls at this point. That team is doing pretty decent in ECNL.

I dont think so. He has specifically told his team that many of his former players have contacted him and wish to come back. That open tryouts will be immediately after Florida.

I dont think so. He has specifically told his team that many of his former players have contacted him and wish to come back. That open tryouts will be immediately after Florida.
That's quite different than his 05 ECRL team where 10 players left since the start of the season....

If his former players wish to come back, are they currently out of ECNL? By now most ECNL players have been locked and deposits paid. I could see there being a few spots open but when you use the word “many”, sounds like he would be revamping his current team.
I still see a bunch of ECRL teams advertising for players but not too many ECNL teams doing the same.

If his former players wish to come back, are they currently out of ECNL? By now most ECNL players have been locked and deposits paid. I could see there being a few spots open but when you use the word “many”, sounds like he would be revamping his current team.
I still see a bunch of ECRL teams advertising for players but not too many ECNL teams doing the same.

Just found out that Chavez notified quite a few girl that they were cut. Strange to do it right before Florida playoffs. Not the best move for team morale.

What I heard was Strikers boys left ECNL. ECNL said the former DA teams had a verbal to commit long term to the ECNL platform. Strikers after only a Covid year left so ECNL informed Strikers their girls teams were no longer welcome.

What I heard was Strikers boys left ECNL. ECNL said the former DA teams had a verbal to commit long term to the ECNL platform. Strikers after only a Covid year left so ECNL informed Strikers their girls teams were no longer welcome.
I wouldn’t be surprised to expect the ECNL mafia leadership to put pressure on strikers FC. MLS Next will continue to grow in importance for the boys side. I expect to see more boys teams leaving ECNL. My friend has a son in a top ECNL team (04 or 05). He told me that his team recently played a college showcase and he only saw 2 college scouts at that showcase. The logic doesn’t add up for ECNL boys program. This program will get watered down very quickly.

I wouldn’t be surprised to expect the ECNL mafia leadership to put pressure on strikers FC. MLS Next will continue to grow in importance for the boys side. I expect to see more boys teams leaving ECNL. My friend has a son in a top ECNL team (04 or 05). He told me that his team recently played a college showcase and he only saw 2 college scouts at that showcase. The logic doesn’t add up for ECNL boys program. This program will get watered down very quickly.
I heard for this upcoming 2021/2022 ECNL/ECRL season, Strikers FC Girls are still a proud founding member. It would be interesting to say the least if the Strikers girls were told, "Hey girls, your boys teams bailed on our boys league and their is a price to be paid if your not loyal to the Man. See ya, you're not welcomed here anymore. Get your things and get lost." If something like that happens before August 1st, I will personally get to the bottom of it and I will report all my findings to the forum brass. I get PMs from great parents who honestly just want the freaking truth. This is all starting to piss me off. We have girls who have been through shit the last 4 years because of so many liars that also like to add rumor to the mix to cause others to stress out. This kind of toxic market share is BS tactics and needs to stop!!! Nothing surprises me in this youth sport. The whole sport was hijacked a long time ago. I'm still beside myself with how Elite parents got their hands on this holy grail of a sport. After my dd team won it all and spending $7,216.33 traveling all over the country winning a natty, her family was not welcomed anymore in a league that is no more all because my dd wanted to play HSS. I told my dd the other day that soccer needs her a lot more then she needs soccer. DO NOT GET YOUR CONFIDENCE OR SELF WORTH FROM A SPORT. Soccer should be fun and a great source of exercise. We are destroying the fun of soccer and leaving a bitter taste to young woman who will not bring their kids to this sport in the future.

Last edited:
Strikers is in ECNL on the girls side again this season. So I suspect you heard a silly rumor. They are a founding member. Their boys were only a one year member of ECNL. Many clubs have the girls or boys in ECNL but not both, so I see no reason Strikers would be held to different rules. West Coast boys have ECNL, for example. The girls do not.

its good strikers girls teams are in for this season as families do not deserve rug pulled under them without warning. Rumors are still there about next season but maybe its smoke without fire I guess we will know moore in six month

Pateadores Director TC is on the ECNL podcast this week.

its good strikers girls teams are in for this season as families do not deserve rug pulled under them without warning. Rumors are still there about next season but maybe its smoke without fire I guess we will know moore in six month
You are going to have to give more details on this 3 month rumor. Is it happening and why? If it’s due to the movement of the boys moving to mls next, they are going to need to kick out more ECNL clubs and not just strikers.

Back