Strikers ECNL rumors

I think this thread is dedicated to the boys side right and the rumors of Strikers BOYS leaving ECNL , we aren't talking girls ...or at least it started that way , do you have data on the boys?

my bad, it is hard to keep up with the exact topic given much cross posting there is on the forum and each thread....... for boys the Strikers are very good, only their BU17 are in the bottom half........I think MLS Next for them makes sense.......

I am not saying they should get kicked out.......but their decision to move boys is important........from performance I agree Strikers are a solid mid table club which is nothing to be ashamed of in such a strong league......the below chart shows the 19//20 season where 60% of games were played before Covid....... looking at results so far this season it seems basicaly the same in 20//21with the four underperfrming clubs still being Sharks, Eagles, Arsenal and Rebels.....obviously Real and Surf joined and are not shown below.....but Real feature around the upper middle and Surf in third

ECNL Current Standings (Based on PPG)AVG StandingsU13U14U15U16U17U18U18 Comp
LAFC Slammers2.42111228
So Cal Blues SC3.73684311
Slammers FC4.663103163
LA Breakers FC6.35868494
Heat FC6.3144710117
Strikers FC6.6117357310
Arizona Arsenal SC7.1911126642
Phoenix Rising FC7.379221212No team
Rebels SC7.6821110589
Eagles SC7.64105121156
Arsenal FC8.9125999711
DMCV Sharks9.010127118105
Strikers boys and girls have always been under the same umbrella, but they have always operated separately. Girls have been founding members of ECNL. Boys were DA, and only did ECNL last year, and are now leaving. What one does has no bearing on the other.

Strikers boys and girls have always been under the same umbrella, but they have always operated separately. Girls have been founding members of ECNL. Boys were DA, and only did ECNL last year, and are now leaving. What one does has no bearing on the other.

Not strictly true. At the end of the day the league has the power to make a decision that is out of any club's hands.

Not strictly true. At the end of the day the league has the power to make a decision that is out of any club's hands.
Of course they do. But there are many clubs with only one gender in ECNL. Why would they pick on one club? Strikers are a solid ECNL club on the girls side. There are clubs who struggle in girls ECNL. They are not one of them. Strikers girls are also founding members of ECNL. I imagine that carries some weight.

Of course they do. But there are many clubs with only one gender in ECNL. Why would they pick on one club? Strikers are a solid ECNL club on the girls side. There are clubs who struggle in girls ECNL. They are not one of them. Strikers girls are also founding members of ECNL. I imagine that carries some weight.

If you take a look back 5 years ago or less, there was no ECNL for boys. I could be wrong but the ECNL experiment is relatively new on the boys side. MLS next for the boys and ECNL for the girls is more than likely the trend moving forward.

If you take a look back 5 years ago or less, there was no ECNL for boys. I could be wrong but the ECNL experiment is relatively new on the boys side. MLS next for the boys and ECNL for the girls is more than likely the trend moving forward.
According to you ECNL boys has been around for 5 years. MLS Next will have it's second year coming up. How do you know that MLS Next is the likely trend for boys? Nobody could predict even DA going out. MLS Next league is dependent on LA Galaxy & LAFC staying on. Otherwise 80% of the teams in it are sub-par. On the other hand ECNL at least has some pedigree and structure. Who knows. Time will tell.

According to you ECNL boys has been around for 5 years. MLS Next will have it's second year coming up. How do you know that MLS Next is the likely trend for boys? Nobody could predict even DA going out. MLS Next league is dependent on LA Galaxy & LAFC staying on. Otherwise 80% of the teams in it are sub-par. On the other hand ECNL at least has some pedigree and structure. Who knows. Time will tell.
I agree with this statement, with our club going MLS next I will be able to tell you in quick time what I think is better. Kinda not too enthusiastic about the move right now, its great to play some MLS teams but other teams are kinda not too exciting....

So, why did Strikers FC opt out out ECNL Boys to go to MLS next??? Why do you think ECNL is the answer for boys soccer?

So, why did Strikers FC opt out out ECNL Boys to go to MLS next??? Why do you think ECNL is the answer for boys soccer?
I don't know the answer to either question. Are there any other current ECNL boys team that's switching leagues other than Strikers?
Also, I hear that LAFC and LA Galaxy won't participate in upcoming MLS Next League in 06 and older groups. I guess we will find out soon.

What should happen is USL and MLS create an Academy League and ECNL should run their league. This gives the academy regional opportunities (Lights, Galaxy, LAFC Loyal, Phoenix Rising, OC, and so on). Win your region and play in a National Championship Tournament. ECNL is their league. Now clubs like strikers and surf may not like this but if ECNL continues their championship platform it would survive. Their would still be the argument of the better league but both would still draw college coaches.

Also, I hear that LAFC and LA Galaxy won't participate in upcoming MLS Next League in 06 and older groups. I guess we will find out soon.
Who would the 06-03 teams play? Or are you suggesting they aren’t going to maintain teams at those age groups?

I don't know the answer to either question. Are there any other current ECNL boys team that's switching leagues other than Strikers?

all I know is that this upcoming tournament sounds very appealing to top boys teams. Looks like MLS next had 130 clubs. That’s definitely a statement of growth.

Who would the 06-03 teams play? Or are you suggesting they aren’t going to maintain teams at those age groups?
Their U17 team will be playing in their own league with other MLS clubs around the country. They won't have a U16.

What should happen is USL and MLS create an Academy League and ECNL should run their league. This gives the academy regional opportunities (Lights, Galaxy, LAFC Loyal, Phoenix Rising, OC, and so on). Win your region and play in a National Championship Tournament. ECNL is their league. Now clubs like strikers and surf may not like this but if ECNL continues their championship platform it would survive. Their would still be the argument of the better league but both would still draw college coaches.
I haven't heard anything about Surf leaving ECNL. Have you? I thought it was only Strikers.

Back