Strikers ECNL rumors

Mom of 2

BRONZE
Rumor going around Stirkers boys are out the ECNL? Any truth?

Rumor may be true , they turned down MLS next first time around , but their teams are are walking thru clubs in ecnl. Im not even sure MLS next would be any different.

What I heard is Strikers is going to MLS Next, and there should be another OC team going to MLS Next. Don't think it is Pats or Golden State.

Maybe the applied but there's been no league announcements about additional local clubs joining or being accepted so will see.

Golden state is a noway, the owner has changed course and no longer wants to sink money into youth soccer after the whole DA money pit.

Pats is doubtful, strong support and statements from director and management for the ECxx platform.

Rumor going around Stirkers boys are out the ECNL? Any truth?

True..... they chose MLS Next for 21//22 season.....I have not heard anything about Golden State or Pats boys....my source says they will stay ECNL......but I will add that another club has been removed from Boys ECNL S-W too for 21//22....... not my place to say who that club is.......

When MLS Next announced 5 new clubs recently, it said it was part of its “early admissions” program and regular admissions would come out in May. And there were rumors early in that a few of the SoCal Boys DA clubs were having remorse at jumping the gun for Boys ECNL before MLS Next was announced. The large gulf between some of the former DA clubs and the holdover Boys ECNL clubs during play this year only solidified those feelings. So, it wouldn’t be a surprise if there were a few defections.

Maybe the applied but there's been no league announcements about additional local clubs joining or being accepted so will see.

Golden state is a noway, the owner has changed course and no longer wants to sink money into youth soccer after the whole DA money pit.

Pats is doubtful, strong support and statements from director and management for the ECxx platform.

I have no insight here- But Pats wants ECNL for their female teams in a bad way. I'd bet they don't want to upset the ECNL powers that be by taking their boys out.
OR - Pats comes to the realization that they are primarily a boys club and they go 100% in to getting their boys teams into the top program in the country.

When MLS Next announced 5 new clubs recently, it said it was part of its “early admissions” program and regular admissions would come out in May. And there were rumors early in that a few of the SoCal Boys DA clubs were having remorse at jumping the gun for Boys ECNL before MLS Next was announced. The large gulf between some of the former DA clubs and the holdover Boys ECNL clubs during play this year only solidified those feelings. So, it wouldn’t be a surprise if there were a few defections.

"Prospective clubs must also demonstrate an ability to provide low or no-cost options for players to participate on MLS NEXT teams, creating opportunities for a more inclusive player pool"

Strikers have always been pay to play even within DA so that would have to change. Are the owners really going to fit the bill for multiple teams & travel? Lets see what happens if the applied ?

If FCGS goes, it should just be the FCGS East teams which is where the former DA teams were. FCGS West is a hot mess right now.

I have no insight here- But Pats wants ECNL for their female teams in a bad way. I'd bet they don't want to upset the ECNL powers that be by taking their boys out.
OR - Pats comes to the realization that they are primarily a boys club and they go 100% in to getting their boys teams into the top program in the country.

Strikers girls could possibly be asked to leave ECXx if the boys teams move over to NEXT. That could open up a opportunities for Pats to get in like they want to for the girls.

If FCGS goes, it should just be the FCGS East teams which is where the former DA teams were. FCGS West is a hot mess right now.

Not happening the owner is not going to pay to sponsor teams to be in NEXT which is a requirement.

Reliable source - Strikers will be MLS Next for 2021-2022. Other clubs not sure. But I did hear Strikers is the only club in OC that will go to MLS Next.

Strikers girls could possibly be asked to leave ECXx if the boys teams move over to NEXT. That could open up a opportunities for Pats to get in like they want to for the girls.

Not happening the owner is not going to pay to sponsor teams to be in NEXT which is a requirement.

Would ECNL (girls) let in Pats or West Coast if a spot does open up?

Now multiple clubs have multiple team playing multiple leagues so Strikers A teams will be mls next right? Then their ECrl team can move up , and so forth right

Now multiple clubs have multiple team playing multiple leagues so Strikers A teams will be mls next right? Then their ECrl team can move up , and so forth right

I have been told Strikers will not have boys teams in the ECNL next season as a result of the decision to go MLS Next but I can not confirm this 100 percent

How long before the club leaving is announced?

ECNL will not be announcing they kicked a club out..... the club in question will need to announce it themselves which is unlikely.....or we wait for for either the news to leak or ECNL to announce members of next year's conference......

Does this ECNL move to MLS apply to both boys and girls? So girls would no longer play ECNL?

No it does not apply to girls.....boys only

Would ECNL (girls) let in Pats or West Coast if a spot does open up?

Doubtful for both but possible..... especially doubtful for Pats

Back