Strikers ECNL rumors

"Prospective clubs must also demonstrate an ability to provide low or no-cost options for players to participate on MLS NEXT teams, creating opportunities for a more inclusive player pool"

Strikers have always been pay to play even within DA so that would have to change. Are the owners really going to fit the bill for multiple teams & travel? Lets see what happens if the applied ?
Interesting on the low/no cost req from MLS Next. hadn't seen that before (doesn't mean it wasn't there, just hadn't seen it).

In 2019-20, US Soccer gave about 650 players an average of about $1,500 per player to help with DA costs in 2019-20.

Probably one of the biggest impact/least talked about items that went away when DA went away. Lot of kids left non-MLS clubs as a result when these clubs didn't cover the gap left by US Soccer.

But devil is in the details. How much will MLS Next stick to their guns on low/no cost for players if they want a big club like the Strikers (or Surf) to come back to MLS Next...?

Do Pats and West Coast play their first team girls in ECRL?
No for west coast at least 06s and up the A teams play in GAL. Pats at some ages doesn't have enough players for GAL ECRL and DPL and have 1 team play in both GAL and ECRL so it's hard to say.

I have no insight here- But Pats wants ECNL for their female teams in a bad way. I'd bet they don't want to upset the ECNL powers that be by taking their boys out.
OR - Pats comes to the realization that they are primarily a boys club and they go 100% in to getting their boys teams into the top program in the country.
It could just be that a guaranteed yes from MLS Next is better than getting strung along by girls ECNL.

Never mind whether the boys side is more important. You have a good offer on the boys side. Are you going to reject it in favor of an ECNL offer that may never come?

"Prospective clubs must also demonstrate an ability to provide low or no-cost options for players to participate on MLS NEXT teams, creating opportunities for a more inclusive player pool"

Strikers have always been pay to play even within DA so that would have to change. Are the owners really going to fit the bill for multiple teams & travel? Lets see what happens if the applied ?
I believe they have to have "options" if needed, but that they don't have to have all players paying low or no-cost fees. It is my understanding that its your typical scholarship opportunity for those that can't afford it. If it is truly low or no cost for all players, I'm due a refund.

I believe they have to have "options" if needed, but that they don't have to have all players paying low or no-cost fees. It is my understanding that its your typical scholarship opportunity for those that can't afford it. If it is truly low or no cost for all players, I'm due a refund.

Nah if you're paying regular club fees or close they are not providing no cost or low cost options. It's not meant to be a typical 3 kids or whatever a club might provide scholarships for like regular club teams.

Every player is either low cost or no cost. That's how it is @ several mls next we know.

Interesting on the low/no cost req from MLS Next. hadn't seen that before (doesn't mean it wasn't there, just hadn't seen it).

In 2019-20, US Soccer gave about 650 players an average of about $1,500 per player to help with DA costs in 2019-20.

Probably one of the biggest impact/least talked about items that went away when DA went away. Lot of kids left non-MLS clubs as a result when these clubs didn't cover the gap left by US Soccer.

But devil is in the details. How much will MLS Next stick to their guns on low/no cost for players if they want a big club like the Strikers (or Surf) to come back to MLS Next...?

DA gave out travel subsidies to clubs for players from families that could show low income or proverty. Showcases and playoffs did not require entry or field fees.

League fees, field rentals, coaching salary's, travel accommodations, ref fees, training costs, etc where all left to the clubs. Hundreds of thousands spendt to millions for MLS clubs per year.

ECXx doesn't subsidize much of anything and they require at least ~ $1.2k entry per team for each national event.

To gain acceptance to NEXT pretty sure they look at prior history, finances, sponsors, affiliations, etc and don't want a bunch of regular pay to play clubs otherwise it's just another club league that's called something else.

Several former DA clubs went to ECxx partly due economics and partly due to the fact they couldn't win championship and had trouble even qualiifing for the playoffs, surf, strikers, arsenal, nomads never did, pats did win one year but the had to combine with another team force with the v brothers to do so. Strikers where regulated to the 2nd tier as where others who didn't like that at all.

The economics of MLS-next is even tougher now since the USSF subsidies are gone, clubs are expected to foot more of the bill.

For some clubs boys ECxx is a easier sell, competition is not as good so teams may appear like there doing better, they normally have showcases or national events that college types attend so customers (parents) are happier even if there paying more to be competitive.

Now multiple clubs have multiple team playing multiple leagues so Strikers A teams will be mls next right? Then their ECrl team can move up , and so forth right

The only clubs with teams in NEXT and ECxx are the MLS or USL clubs in the SW. Solar is about the only non mls that has both from the texas conference but they have a track record of winning championship in DA & ECxx and big Tournaments for both the girls and boys plus the finances and membership to support that.

FCGS
Was told by one of the coaches
Pats was from outside source
I’ve also heard about Real So Cal but not too sure
I’m usually not that wrong

Usually A teams become mls next
b team becomes ecnl and so forth
On boys side

That's never happen so what's usually?

FCGS coach might want to talk with Bob about that.

Real Socal which is now Socal Youth LAFC would be interesting, so there going to compete directly vs their own parent affiliation?

Pats doesn't add up at all but heck it's youth soccer anything is possible.

Nah if you're paying regular club fees or close they are not providing no cost or low cost options. It's not meant to be a typical 3 kids or whatever a club might provide scholarships for like regular club teams.

Every player is either low cost or no cost. That's how it is @ several mls next we know.
This is most definitely not the case at the San Diego MLS Next clubs.

Back