Stay and play at Surf Cup Phoenix with rising Covid-19 cases

Utah is suspending youth sports for 2 weeks (some exceptions) and putting kids 15-24 under partial lockdown restrictions.

Utah is suspending youth sports for 2 weeks (some exceptions) and putting kids 15-24 under partial lockdown restrictions.
It's not the sports. It's going back to school in a confined classroom. Doors and windows stay shut when the weather changes. Just think about how fast the regular flu runs through a school.

I get distance learning and zoom classes are terrible but it's an easy way to stop the spread.

It's not the sports. It's going back to school in a confined classroom. Doors and windows stay shut when the weather changes. Just think about how fast the regular flu runs through a school.

I get distance learning and zoom classes are terrible but it's an easy way to stop the spread.

in Utah the schools will remain open but the kids will be told to head straight home from school and not gather. Further bars restaurants and gyms remain open with restrictions

in Utah the schools will remain open but the kids will be told to head straight home from school and not gather. Further bars restaurants and gyms remain open with restrictions
Can the kids go play golf after school? I see all these "adults" golfing.

Can the kids go play golf after school? I see all these "adults" golfing.

1. a lot if the courses in Utah have age restrictions (mine wanted to play wasn’t allowed since too young) 2. You can’t gather with friends but I suppose they could golf with their parent. Wouldn’t fly in other states but maybe in Utah kids want to do this? 3. Weathers changing. Major snow in park city this weekend for wp tournament. Golf courses shutting down soon

1. a lot if the courses in Utah have age restrictions (mine wanted to play wasn’t allowed since too young) 2. You can’t gather with friends but I suppose they could golf with their parent. Wouldn’t fly in other states but maybe in Utah kids want to do this? 3. Weathers changing. Major snow in park city this weekend for wp tournament. Golf courses shutting down soon
I get it. So basically, more isolation for teens is coming for all teens in this country. Those little rascals wont keep their dame mask on and now it's all their fault for being spreaders. What a life for a boy.

Mom: Time for school. Dont forget your mask. Make sure you wear your mask walking to and from school and in class. Dont talk to anyone on your way to school, just get your ass in the seat before the bell rings.

Son: "____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________"

Mom: It's the rules son. I know it's hard, but I think in 2022 it might get better if the wind and the waves are in our favor.

Son: "_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________"

Mom: I know son. However, you can;t do anything after school either or on the weekends. You have to come home right away without talking to a soul and go right to your room. You can play on your computer. Plus, no sports or anything. No youth group either.

Son: ?????????????

All of my friends and family that work in hospitals say they have very few Covid cases now, at least in San Diego. Hospital beds are not full in San Diego, maybe where you are from.

That's here is california. Everything is closed here. Masks are worn everywhere.

Arizona doesn't have the same mitigation rules. Just recently Arizona started putting capacity restrictions on restaurants. Arizona cases have started going back up. Arizona also doesn't have the large hospital capacity of California

This is the recent Arizona metrics I am watching:

Wednesday's dashboard shows 88% of inpatient beds and 85% of ICU beds in use, which includes people being treated for COVID-19 and other patients. COVID-19 patients were using 16% of all inpatient beds and 18% of ICU beds. Overall, 32% of ventilators were in use.

That's here is california. Everything is closed here. Masks are worn everywhere.

Arizona doesn't have the same mitigation rules. Just recently Arizona started putting capacity restrictions on restaurants. Arizona cases have started going back up. Arizona also doesn't have the large hospital capacity of California

This is the recent Arizona metrics I am watching:

Wednesday's dashboard shows 88% of inpatient beds and 85% of ICU beds in use, which includes people being treated for COVID-19 and other patients. COVID-19 patients were using 16% of all inpatient beds and 18% of ICU beds. Overall, 32% of ventilators were in use.
Certainly a cause for some concern amongst healthcare folks in AZ. AZ beds (icu and inpatient) normally run nearly full during the winter due to snowbirds. Elective surgeries have resumed and ERs are now seeing more trauma patients.

I guess we will wait 2 weeks?

In the mean time, ECNL Phoenix will be in full swing. Makes sure to get your take out.

Certainly a cause for some concern amongst healthcare folks in AZ. AZ beds (icu and inpatient) normally run nearly full during the winter due to snowbirds. Elective surgeries have resumed and ERs are now seeing more trauma patients.

I guess we will wait 2 weeks?

In the mean time, ECNL Phoenix will be in full swing. Makes sure to get your take out.
Make sure you get your three games in and get back to socal and lock yourself in your house asap. This is it you guys, game on like no other. It's really about a game called, "Love or Hate." Two choices and the eye is watching. The eye is the examiner of each of us. One way to look folks. it's not a right or left fight. Some make money in violence and destruction and those are the ones fighting this right now. Be calm and patient.

Just got back from a 90 team lacrosse tourney in maricopa, south of phoenix. Lots of covid signage but few people abide. some Restaurants full capacity indoors with no masks. others more like so cal. Lots of adults not wearing masks everywhere, except for employees.

We wore masks and either got take out or made our food in the room, or back of our suburban. I felt reasonably safe for my health and that of my family, but if what I saw is any indication of how the rest of AZ is responding then we are in for a world of hurt.

I have been in AZ several times this fall and never saw anything like that in the restaurants. I don't know what their official rules are but when I went into restaurants everyone was wearing a mask (unless they were eating), seating was every other booth at a minimum.

I have been in AZ several times this fall and never saw anything like that in the restaurants. I don't know what their official rules are but when I went into restaurants everyone was wearing a mask (unless they were eating), seating was every other booth at a minimum.
I had the same experience at the ECNL showcase. Restaurants, stores, etc. all had/required masks. There was significant distancing at Reach 11 and most wore masks outside.

I had the same experience at the ECNL showcase. Restaurants, stores, etc. all had/required masks. There was significant distancing at Reach 11 and most wore masks outside.
I was in AZ three times already in the last two months. If you dont wear a mask inside a store or restaurant, you will be mocked, dirty looks, tough mad dog eyes, and asked to leave. Everywhere I went I saw folks with mask on. Reach 11 had a few hear and there not wearing but that was usually someone way past 6 feet. OC is 100% doing the mask minus a city hear & there're. Mask are on and the cases are up and the death is for sure down from what it was back in April. Meaning the DM was high and now it's even lower DM wise. That is super fantastic news and we should all be thankful. Peace my fellow Americans who dont always agree but we can all agree were Americans.

Same experience on 3 trips to AZ including the predicted ECNL super spreader event at the reach fields.

October 24 in Phoenix. I don't see masks.

View attachment 9545
Fair enough. I haven't gone into a bar for a while and didn't while in Phoenix - just a few open-air restaurants. People wore masks until seated. This isn't surprising though as Hound has been posting picks like this for many weeks, maybe even back to September. I avoid crowds in general - especially inside - whether they have masks or not.

Back