State cup bracketing

Luis is actually doing great... not interested In playing in any part of this conversation. Lol so leave him out of it
Luis came to his senses and saw how Crush destroyed and Blk ball his own kid!! Very smart of Luis to lay low......

The video of the game was sent to me... I can send it to you or anybody else.... Sarabia didn’t even shoot one shot at goal.... Ole had the ball on there side 90 percent of the time.... the score should of been 10-0..... but the girls are still 9 years old. And trying to figure out how to get through A bunker defense is still a puzzle for them..
sure, post the link to the game. I already cant wait until games this weekend.

It's a blind draw, it's not going to be a perfect every time. This is just a tournament with six teams...nothing more.
There are no good solutions once you are down to 6 teams.

You can have group A play group B. This risks undefeated teams getting knocked out. Not satisfying.

Or you can have two round robins, each with 3 teams. For someone, their second game of the day is the other team’s first game. Not fair.

Or, you can play a 6 team round robin. This takes a long time. And no final. Not satisfying.

Or you can do a single elimination tournament, where two teams have a bye. Again, not fair. And it’s a long drive for just one game.

You win the award for the biggest....

I don't even know who OLE is never heard for them.

You signed up for a tournament and now you don't like how it was bracketed or the rules so go cry somebody else the river or find another tournament where the brackets are never going to be cross over play.

Might want to read the rules before you apply next time so you can't whine no stop about how corrupt the tournament is so your team has a better chance of advancing out of a bracket since they didn't win there own bracket.

JMyTJm4uvY8Tm9bIGDD5K0BTKox_s3Cx8fmzwHA59TC_W2KA5RX0CIVOUYLqpcVHINiTGLmBavFzlx4IYh84kOiOKJJdNJ8
Ole isn't even guaranteed 2nd place in their group if they put 20 goals on Legends SD and it would be CalSouth's fault for incentivizing Ole to do that.

This is the easiest way to get every team 3 games. The draw didn't work out the way it "should".
A semi final round would solve it all. It's state cup, why is CalSouth trying to play the minimum games? Give the kids two knock-out round games. They are already stretching the thing over 2-3 weekends when it can be decided in a single weekend anyways.

This is another

This is another reason why the Ole parents are Mad.... before the tournament started there were semifinals in the schedule.... After playing there second game and beating (Blues Saribia) the next day they changed the format. And took the semifinals out..... This is exactly the point I am trying to make... this tournament is rigged
Is there a State Cup rep for the age group where a grievance can be filed? I think Ole has a legit grievance if their state cup is over after 3 games.

That’s exactly what Ole red did ... they earned the right to advance because they won vs the opponents they were matched up with. The girls cnt understand why they aren’t going to the finals if they beat every team they played. SMH I don’t care any about the ranking but what I do care about is my baby girl upset bcuZ her n her team worked so hard n they don’t have ANYTHING to show for it!
There is still a game to be played against Legends SD, why give up already?

You could be classy and tell them how proud you are of their efforts and play in the tournament and they represented well.

They can understand the truth that coming in 2nd in a bracket doesn't qualify for advancement since the rules only allow the top 1 team to advance and they came in 2nd due to tie breakers GD,GA, GF or whatever may be the case. Tough break but there will be other opportunities to advance at the next tournament if they continue playing well and get the results that are required to advance.
My DD's team played in a round robin tournament 2 summers ago. They had 3 wins and a draw, beating the eventual "champs" in their 4th game of the weekend. After the game the losing side took home their championship medals and our girls took home the runner-up medals. Sometimes point systems and tournament format/rules are wonky.

Cal South Really dropped the bomb on this one .....According to https://youthsoccerranking.com Ole is the #2 ranked team in California.... how can Cal South not know this... Was really looking foward to an Ole vs blues Final.... knowing that Ole beat Rennies blues about two months ago in a scrimmage.... I personally think someone on the cal south board with ties to the blues did not want to see this game happen.... how do you change the tournament format while the tournament is giong on... hiw do you take out the semi finals out.... the only people that Cal south is hurting i”are the 9 year old girls that put their sweat tears and hard work into this..... The system is corrupted
Thank you for that!!!!!

If you win how do you not advance in state cup?

The terms of a tournament are published right? If you don't like the terms don't sign up.

After signing up whinny about the bracket draw is entertaining but your kid just wants to play so let the chips fall where they may and don't worry about the draw.
How do you not play the teams in your bracket to be the best of A?????????????

How do you not play the teams in your bracket to be the best of A?????????????
Try making a schedule for 6 teams. It isn't easy.

If A teams play A teams, then a tired team plays a fresh team in game #2. That's not really fair, either.

Try making a schedule for 6 teams. It isn't easy.

If A teams play A teams, then a tired team plays a fresh team in game #2. That's not really fair, either.

In one tournament I helped supervise, we had a 6-team bracket, divided into 3-team groups. The plan was that each team would play the other 2 in their group, followed by a crossover semifinal and final game, with a consolation game between the two teams that finished last in each group to meet the 3-game-minimum guarantee. In one group, all 3 games were scoreless ties. The three coaches, the tournament director, and the senior referee at the tournament got together and came up with a 3-way shootout first thing Sunday morning to decide everyone's places.

Back