State Cup 2019 Rainout?(Galway Downs)

Marv

BRONZE
Hello everyone I did a search and didn’t find anything on this subject... Anyone on here from Cal south have any input on the possibility of games rescheduling for this weekend? As many parents I’m trying to schedule my weekend but I wonder if they will reschedule since they already did it once for this tournament.

If someone already asked this my bad. Thank you.

Looking at the forecast it doesn't look good. I'd say the odds of all games at all venues being postponed and rescheduled is pretty high. We should hear from Cal South in a couple days.

The procedure is that on Wed/Thur an evaluation of the fields will be done by the complex operators, another evaluation will be made on Friday morning (assuming clear skys).

Generally speaking, the complex to "close" first is always Oceanside, due to a construction defect of sorts (built on a silica mine that is settling causing drainage issues), Silverlakes and Galway are generally fairly good at taking on and absorbing reasonable amounts of water, but once waterlogged, they will close too. San Bernardino has a professional field management team, so they will be in much better shape than in years past, but San Bernardino still is going through a multi-year renovation.

The facilities that are built on a USGA sand base are by far in the best shape, but nothing out here, to my knowledge, achieves the ideal 12" sand base, which is capable of absorbing an 1"+ of rain within an hour. So we basically have mostly native soil complexes, with dormant bermuda grass (some are overseeded) that can handle about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of rain 24 hours before play time.

That said, if the forecast is for more than .5 inch on Saturday, expect most facilities to shutdown.

If fields close for a weekend, do following weekends get pushed back for other age groups so that makeups can get played?

If fields close for a weekend, do following weekends get pushed back for other age groups so that makeups can get played?

Cal South builds in "Rain Dates" to the schedule every few weeks to give it a buffer, its possible that some ages do get pushed back.

Update posted this afternoon ...

> WEATHER . . (Updated: Tuesday Jan 29 @ 2:00PM). . All venues remain open for play, BUT, State Cup is closely monitoring the forecast for Feb 2-3. A decision to play Feb 2-3 will be posted here by Wednesday evening and emails will also be sent to all listed Team Administrators.

I just checked the weather forecast for Temecula (Galway Downs), Norco (Silverlakes), Oceanside (SoCal Soccer Complex) San Bernardino (SB Soccer Complex), and Lancaster (Soccer Complex).

Thursday calls for .5" at all locals.
Saturday call for .5" at Oceanside and Lancaster; and 1-2" at Galway, Silverlakes and San Bernardino.

My Wednesday morning prediction is Cal South suspends state cup this weekend.

I just checked the weather forecast for Temecula (Galway Downs), Norco (Silverlakes), Oceanside (SoCal Soccer Complex) San Bernardino (SB Soccer Complex), and Lancaster (Soccer Complex).

Thursday calls for .5" at all locals.
Saturday call for .5" at Oceanside and Lancaster; and 1-2" at Galway, Silverlakes and San Bernardino.

My Wednesday morning prediction is Cal South suspends state cup this weekend.

You were correct it’s canceled. Silver lakes is still up in the air

Hello everyone I did a search and didn’t find anything on this subject... Anyone on here from Cal south have any input on the possibility of games rescheduling for this weekend? As many parents I’m trying to schedule my weekend but I wonder if they will reschedule since they already did it once for this tournament.

If someone already asked this my bad. Thank you.

I got an email from my referee association saying all State Cup games this weekend are cancelled. My nephew got a similar email for Silverlakes.

Website says Silverlakes still pending for State Cup (see below)
And looks like we are still on for G2007 National Cup at Silverlakes (guessing they will move us to back of Silverlakes like they did for CRL where fields are less impacted by rain?)

Unless there is something else official that hasn't come out yet...

> WEATHER . . (Updated: Wednesday Jan 30 @ 7:45PM). . SilverLakes, Norco is PENDING a decision to play Feb 2-3. All other State Cup venues Are CLOSED for State Cup play February 2-3. Revised schedules for Feb 9-10 will be published by Tuesday Feb 5th.

one hour ago.......large clouds looming.........I wonder if those SL backfields should hold up well?

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 7
A buddy of mine that is Manager for a B08 team has been informed that the games at Silverlakes have been cancelled.

Back