Spring Season and Rosters

I think he said that because the SCDSL site says...

FORMAT FOR SPRING 2021:

7v7 games – no scores or standings

9v9 games – scores will be posted but no standings will be kept

11v11 games (all levels) – scores will be posted but no standings will be kept.

But yet the standings are being kept if you look at the website. I understand there will be no playoffs or any type of awards.

Agreed! and as long as you put a score down some out there will still look at standings.

You don't think there will be some spring/post spring team shakeups?
Good point. Typicallly you should see significant consolidation given that at this age (12 to 13 years) alot of kids start dropping out of youth soccer. If the new season starts in August, it will be a mad player movement rush between mid May to July.

Good point. Typicallly you should see significant consolidation given that at this age (12 to 13 years) alot of kids start dropping out of youth soccer. If the new season starts in August, it will be a mad player movement rush between mid May to July.

I don't think we're likely to see May tryouts for that age range. Teams are generally playing their 2021-2022 lineups for the 2020-2021 (now spring) season. Possible that some teams are playing in the wrong flight and we'll see them move but really there's a lot of "who do I have on my team" happening right now.

I don't think we're likely to see May tryouts for that age range. Teams are generally playing their 2021-2022 lineups for the 2020-2021 (now spring) season. Possible that some teams are playing in the wrong flight and we'll see them move but really there's a lot of "who do I have on my team" happening right now.
Does anyone know when ecnl rosters officially close this covid year?

May 1st has been the rooster freeze date for ECNL and haven't seen or heard that change for 20-21. Must add players to the rosters by april 30th midnight.
I would assume this year won’t follow previous years standards.
Seasons are still in full force and tryouts aren’t scheduled at many clubs until May.

May 1st is the freeze date for the current season as the other poster said. ECNL has been running full go all around the country. They are not waiting on us. This is a national league and the rules are posted on their website.

Now that we are a few weeks into the SCDSL season- What are we seeing out there with rosters?
Any teams fold up at the last minute? Are many kids playing more than 1 game per day to help fill in?
What do you think things look like for Fall?

Looks like RSC B07 Flight 1 folded right after the season started... Sad for the kids.

Last edited:
Back