Spring Rankings and Fall 2021 season landscape

Did some quick calculations of the Flight 1 and Flight 2 standings to get an idea about what SCDSL might look like in the fall. Would love input from anyone that understands all this better than me.

Flight 1 West had Beach FC Wilmer with 9 wins, CDA Slammers Cerritos Cruz with 8 wins, and CDA Slammers HB Elite with 7.

Flight 1 South had Slammers PA/AW and Blues Rennie with 7 wins, and Slammers PA/AW 2 with 6.

Flight 1 Central Had CDA Slammers Fullerton Fortes with 8 wins, and Legends FC with 6.

Flight 2 West had Beach FC Delury with 9 wins

Flight 2 East legends OC Black had 6 Wins

Flight 2 North had LASC Guerrero and Santa Monica Surf with 8 wins

Flight 2 Central Strikers FC north GH had 7 wins and CDA Slammers Fullerton Black with 6

Flight 2 South Blues Draluck had 9 wins and Liverpool Irvine Red Harrison had 8 wins.

Just trying to get an idea of which teams might be moving to ECNL/ECRL, or which Flight 1 division. I am sure there are plenty of other teams that were sitting out spring season or playing up a year. There were some teams finishing middle of the pack with ECNL in their names like Breakers and Real So Cal.

ECNL

Legends (playing flight 1 08 in spring)

Blues Rennie (flight 1)

Breakers ECNL (flight 1)

Real So Cal ECNL Flight 1)

Strikers FC North GH (flight 2)

That’s about the limits of my knowledge! Hope to expand on the lists. Can also add GA in here if anyone knows anything about that.

I'll chime in re: SC Blues Draluck. With new recent additions to our roster (did not play in spring league with us), we have applied to Discovery NPL, or whatever the Discovery version of SoCal ends up being. Per the new SoCal changes, you can apply and Discovery is starting a year earlier in age. Under previous SCDSL, I believe it wasn't until U14.

You are missing some of the new clubs that have flight 1 teams (Rangers, San Diego clubs)

Also, I would assume that most of the current flight 1 teams will lose top players to ECNL, ECRL, DPL. This is going to water down some of these teams.

TOp flight 2 teams will be moving to flight 1.

I am just wondering if they are going to have Flight 1 Europa (new Flight 1 teams) and Champions or Discovery. Discovery makes zero sense at this age group.

Also, I would assume that most of the current flight 1 teams will lose top players to ECNL, ECRL, DPL. This is going to water down some of these teams.

That’s the main point. Until the big clubs on the alphabet leagues are not done predating on the other clubs it’s hard to assess where teams should be placed in order to have a competitive environment.

Edit: which also put in question if all existing teams will even survive.

You are missing some of the new clubs that have flight 1 teams (Rangers, San Diego clubs)

TOp flight 2 teams will be moving to flight 1.

I am just wondering if they are going to have Flight 1 Europa (new Flight 1 teams) and Champions or Discovery. Discovery makes zero sense at this age group.
I left out SD Teams since I thought they had their own SCDSL Bracket? I will happily add their ECNL/ ECRL teams to the list if anyone knows which ones go where.

I'll chime in re: SC Blues Draluck. With new recent additions to our roster (did not play in spring league with us), we have applied to Discovery NPL, or whatever the Discovery version of SoCal ends up being. Per the new SoCal changes, you can apply and Discovery is starting a year earlier in age. Under previous SCDSL, I believe it wasn't until U14.
They need some sort of Flight 2 cross over games. Hard to know the level difference across the divisions

I agree. There is a disparity in level of play between the regional divisions and cross over play would help with level assessment.

I am not sure what the Discovery cost will be but it's a waste of money. Can someone prove me wrong on why Discover would make sense for 12-13 year old kids? To me it's just SoCAL selling a dream that does not exist at this age group

I am not sure what the Discovery cost will be but it's a waste of money. Can someone prove me wrong on why Discover would make sense for 12-13 year old kids? To me it's just SoCAL selling a dream that does not exist at this age group
I don't know much about the league but I am guessing it would depend on how many teams are playing flight 1 next season and how they group it. Only reason I can see a point to it is that you hopefully get evenly matched teams together. But paying the parking every week seems kind of pointless.

Back