Sporting California Arsenal FC Tryouts

Trojan_mule

SILVER ELITE
Sporting California Arsenal Pre ECNL (Girls’ Division) are holding tryouts for birth years 2010, 2011 and 2012 flight 1 players. See details below...

Attachments

• C6464CCD-CA07-4FC1-B811-F1E56BC3658F.jpeg
    C6464CCD-CA07-4FC1-B811-F1E56BC3658F.jpeg
    833.3 KB · Views: 39
Best of luck to all the 2010 to 2012 players, but seeing the hagiography in the prior tryouts announcement, I would advise that anyone looking for an ECNL team to spend a lot of time examining the history of the coach and culture of the team. The 2008 team has been winning some games but I'm hearing a lot of drama and rumor of a shakeup once Legends enters the picture. The 2007 Glenn team... well take a look at the goal differentials this season.

It should also be known that Arsenal cut almost the entire pre-ECNL team for 2007 when they went ECNL and it looks like Arsenal may have done something effectively similar for 2008 (e.g. favoring new players to such an extent it more or less pushed old ones out). Each team and coach is different. Just make sure you get as much information as possible before you commit.

Best of luck to all the 2010 to 2012 players, but seeing the hagiography in the prior tryouts announcement, I would advise that anyone looking for an ECNL team to spend a lot of time examining the history of the coach and culture of the team. The 2008 team has been winning some games but I'm hearing a lot of drama and rumor of a shakeup once Legends enters the picture. The 2007 Glenn team... well take a look at the goal differentials this season.

It should also be known that Arsenal cut almost the entire pre-ECNL team for 2007 when they went ECNL and it looks like Arsenal may have done something effectively similar for 2008 (e.g. favoring new players to such an extent it more or less pushed old ones out). Each team and coach is different. Just make sure you get as much information as possible before you commit.
I am not familiar with the 07 Pre-ECNL team, but if the favored new players are having a difficult time being competitive in ECNL, wouldn't the Pre-ECNL team have experienced a similar, if not worse, fate? Back when Arsenal was stronger, I do remember a time when they lured in a very strong team from outside the club with the promise of being the initial ECNL squad for that age group and then 6 months later the story changed. But these type of jockeying dramas have probably happened at one time or another at most ECNL clubs.

I am not familiar with the 07 Pre-ECNL team, but if the favored new players are having a difficult time being competitive in ECNL, wouldn't the Pre-ECNL team have experienced a similar, if not worse, fate? Back when Arsenal was stronger, I do remember a time when they lured in a very strong team from outside the club with the promise of being the initial ECNL squad for that age group and then 6 months later the story changed. But these type of jockeying dramas have probably happened at one time or another at most ECNL clubs.
For the 07 team the pre-ECNL "transition" would have been two years ago. I'm not trying to draw a line from that particular transition to the current state of affairs. Just adding a healthy dose of cynicism and giving some cautionary examples for those hearing the "Pre-ECNL" sales pitch.

Exactly... Blues, Legends and others were and are known for this... you can even throw out the title of ‘ECNL’ and much worse things were done at those clubs to the youngers. It’s kinda like ‘the pot calling the kettle black’...

Back