Southwest Conference Girls

Does anyone know when they may release some sort of schedule for the ECNL/ECRL season for the Southwest Conference?

I think the DOC's are busy getting permits, fields and times set. So it will take a little time for a full schedule to be posted.

The ECNL app seem to have the more updated info compared to the website so check that out, the TBA or no time/locations still need to be reconciled but at least the placeholders are mostly there. Some changes are inevitable but getting in the remaining 14x or so games will be nice.

Gotcha. Our Club gave us a schedule which is now up in the ECNL/RL site but told us it could change depending on County guidance. We played the first 2 this weekend.
Definitely seeing a lot of accurate scores / updates from what I'm getting 2nd hand from friends on these teams. It's getting there, slowly but surely.

Them too? I was referring to a SoCal team. Just find it hard to believe that they can’t field two teams at all the age groups.
The population in AZ doesn't support fielding 2 competitive letter league teams plus a competitive state league team. Clubs will still support the state soccer association, and they should. Parent's don't want to pay the extra dinero to travel to CA to get their pants blown off. In some(some would argue most) cases, the state league teams are better than the letter league B teams (DPL/ECRL).

It’s simple. Parents are recognizing that it’s not worth paying so much to be on a reserve team. Family priorities and youth interest have changed since the pandemic hit.
I would add that pre-pandemic, supplemental leagues like DPL/ECRL weren't really catching on in AZ. If not on the "A" team, why travel to CA. Your talent runs much deeper than ours due to population.

Quickly becomes obvious that these add-ons are money making ventures.

It’s simple. Parents are recognizing that it’s not worth paying so much to be on a reserve team. Family priorities and youth interest have changed since the pandemic hit.
Interesting perspective but are you sure it is reality in So Cal? I am not aware of any players who have quit or lowered their level of play due to the pandemic and I have been involved in youth soccer here for years.

I would add that pre-pandemic, supplemental leagues like DPL/ECRL weren't really catching on in AZ. If not on the "A" team, why travel to CA. Your talent runs much deeper than ours due to population.

Quickly becomes obvious that these add-ons are money making ventures.
I agree with your point about 'why travel to Cal if not the "A" team. I would not do the ECRL either if I was the AZ clubs. For California ECNL clubs it makes tons of sense though.

I agree with your point about 'why travel to Cal if not the "A" team. I would not do the ECRL either if I was the AZ clubs. For California ECNL clubs it makes tons of sense though.

You are right. I don’t have the data to support this statement. I am just still in disbelief that parents would pay so much to be on a B team where they could just stay on flight 1. I’ve heard from club DOCs that ECNL reserve (ECRL) is a money making revenue stream for clubs. ECNL is definitely valuable for those that want to compete at the highest level. ECRL just doesn’t make sense to me. I can tell you that at the 09 level for girls I am seeing a lot of flight 1 and 2 teams having a tough time finding girls to join. Once they make the move to 11 v 11 we will see significant consolidation in this age group.

Back