South bay Slammers? gone?

Dirtnap

SILVER
Not one to start rumors but, saw last night they aren't listed on club site or updated web banner. anyone confirm or deny?

I saw that yesterday on their FB page. Commented (as did others) and no response.
My son had practice last night and nothing was said. A bit concerning?

Well that's a nice kick in the balls on a Friday morning. Haha.
New to club soccer and I know this letter is riddled with club speak, so can someone with a bit more experience translate other than Slammers SB is basically toast and the 15 or so boys and girls teams need to find new clubs?

Dude relax. You really must be new to club soccer. Club will likely be rebranded with another franchise name. Likely one that won't try to extract so much blood from the parents. Nothing to worry about as it happens about 10 times a year amongst the different clubs. Most people would actually be glad that CDA brand is leaving them. Usually, it is the other way around as CDA likes to gobble teams up. I bet the full story is an interesting one.

Everyone knew this was bound to happen. The Director at Slammers South Bay was making false promises to everyone just to start up a club. Having individual meetings with teams from other clubs and offering them the world with his so called college connections. He and the coaches took players from local club teams by offering flight 2 and 3 players a flight 1 spot and the parents ate it up. The teams were kicked out of several fields and even by the police at one location because they didn’t have permits. They put a sticker price that was the lowest club fee anyone had ever seen, and once the families committed they tacked on extra fees. But unfortunately as someone had mentioned earlier, this Director and the coaches will just move on to join or start another club to do the same things. Hopefully the families will learn from it, or maybe they will continue to follow them.

Back