Some data on Covid-19 and why we're not over reacting...

Article from UCSF about the science behind wearing masks to slow COVID-19 spread.

What I found very significant was this passage:

”Two compelling case reports also suggest that masks can prevent transmission in high-risk scenarios, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford. In one case, a man flew from China to Toronto and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. He had a dry cough and wore a mask on the flight, and all 25 people closest to him on the flight tested negative for COVID-19. In another case, in late May, two hair stylists in Missouri had close contact with 140 clients while sick with COVID-19. Everyone wore a mask and none of the clients tested positive.”

We may disagree on the mortality rate but the evidence is pretty clear that this virus is very contagious. To read that a man who tested positive for COVID-19 was on a flight from China to Toronto yet didn’t infect anyone sitting next to him is pretty strong evidence that masks provide protection.

What airline let a man from China that tested positive for COVID fly to Toronto? Oh Canada!! And why did 140 clients allow themselves to be in contact with two hairstylist sick with COVID? You know, given how contagious the virus is? Sounds like an AD for a mask making company.

What airline let a man from China that tested positive for COVID fly to Toronto? Oh Canada!! And why did 140 clients allow themselves to be in contact with two hairstylist sick with COVID? You know, given how contagious the virus is? Sounds like an AD for a mask making company.
Whoosh...

That methodology is important.
Um, ok.

Well, all I can say is that my own personal experience with COVID-19 has completely changed the way I view this virus.

In the beginning I thought it was a bit of a tempest in a teapot. “Shelter-in-place”? Are you serious?? I mean, come on. It’s going to be like the flu for the vast majority of people so why the panic? Why completely destroy our economy? That‘s how I felt until the virus hit several people in my close knit circle. These were all people in the supposed “low risk” group. Under 40, healthy (one a marathon runner), no pre-existing conditions. 2 had to go to the ER, one went into ICU. All survived but said they had never been so sick in their lives. Nothing like the flu...far far worse.

So I came full circle in a very short amount of time. If the simple act of wearing a mask can help slow this spread, it’s truly a no brainer.

Do you understand what the word “subsequently“ means? Just curious.

Um, ok.

In the beginning I thought it was a bit of a tempest in a teapot. “Shelter-in-place”? Are you serious?? I mean, come on. It’s going to be like the flu for the vast majority of people so why the panic? Why completely destroy our economy? That‘s how I felt until the virus hit several people in my close knit circle. These were all people in the supposed “low risk” group. Under 40, healthy (one a marathon runner), no pre-existing conditions. 2 had to go to the ER, one went into ICU. All survived but said they had never been so sick in their lives. Nothing like the flu...far far worse.

So I came full circle in a very short amount of time. If the simple act of wearing a mask can help slow this spread, it’s truly a no brainer.
In the beginning I didn't think it was a bit of a tempest in a teapot. I had no data to support that thought. That‘s how I felt until the virus hit absolutely no one in my close knit galaxy. And most Hawaiians that I know are in the high risk group. Not only did they survive, they continue to thrive. Just like the flu. Not nearly as deadly as we've been told.

Do you understand what the word “subsequently“ means? Just curious.
Yes I do know what it means. That's why while you thought COVID was a bit of a tempest in a teapot, I did not feel the same way. I subsequently was able to experience the exact opposite outcomes with the subsequent CDC data to support...

You can't make this shit up - woman wants part of the money --

The poor stupid Trumpie without the mask. What is with those idiots? What happened to America?
Thank God the country is sick of that nutbag President. I see he and Barr are already setting up his loss as “rigged,” like he did last time.

The poor stupid Trumpie without the mask. What is with those idiots? What happened to America?
Thank God the country is sick of that nutbag President. I see he and Barr are already setting up his loss as “rigged,” like he did last time.
I wouldn't worry about it. You guys will probably get it right this time.

Yes I do know what it means. That's why while you thought COVID was a bit of a tempest in a teapot, I did not feel the same way. I subsequently was able to experience the exact opposite outcomes with the subsequent CDC data to support...
Ah, I see. So you do know what the word means but chose to apply it selectively (when it suits you). Got it.

Back