Some data on Covid-19 and why we're not over reacting...

I don't know if you read my earlier comment, but Swine flu was not lumped in with other underlying conditions to the extent of coronavirus. Swine flu actually wasn't even considered a national emergency until October since the first case wasn't until april after peak virus season. If they lumped in swine flu as the death count, It would have happened after October. Coronavirus numbers are being inflated especially by new York. They have had hospital shortages for years and this is a opportunity to "not let a crisis go to waste".

We as a nation have actually had a dip in flu/pneumonia hospitalizations during these peak months. Strangely enough during the same time and coronavirus numbers are have gone up. Are we just replacing flu numbers with coronavirus numbers? or are people dying of coronavirus that would have died from the flu? Then you go to New York where the leading cause of death has nothing to do with going outside and those numbers are dropping as well. (Heart disease, Obesity, etc.). Are they replacing these deaths with coronavirus deaths? Even your own post says this is a possibility, and conveniently for alarmists we will never know if the virus was what caused them to die or not.

my source
Here's an interesting graph on the differences between Coronavirus infections and Swine Flu:

I don't know if you read my earlier comment, but Swine flu was not lumped in with other underlying conditions to the extent of coronavirus. Swine flu actually wasn't even considered a national emergency until October since the first case wasn't until april after peak virus season. If they lumped in swine flu as the death count, It would have happened after October. Coronavirus numbers are being inflated especially by new York. They have had hospital shortages for years and this is a opportunity to "not let a crisis go to waste".

We as a nation have actually had a dip in flu/pneumonia hospitalizations during these peak months. Strangely enough during the same time and coronavirus numbers are have gone up. Are we just replacing flu numbers with coronavirus numbers? or are people dying of coronavirus that would have died from the flu? Then you go to New York where the leading cause of death has nothing to do with going outside and those numbers are dropping as well. (Heart disease, Obesity, etc.). Are they replacing these deaths with coronavirus deaths? Even your own post says this is a possibility, and conveniently for alarmists we will never know if the virus was what caused them to die or not.

my source
Well, all I can say is the death rate is frightening and there is no way we can slough it off as heart disease, obesity, etc. being the cause for the majority. To look at the death rates and infection rates that are doubling every day, this is not the flu.

Tick, tick, tick.
Listen, if you've decided to jump off the stupid train and onto the crazy train by arguing that you don't accept any death numbers, then I can't stop you.
That just makes you cuckoo like nono.
Cuckoo like nono? He twists himself in knots to make excuses for and champion trumps actions, enough said. Lying troll like trump himself. One must be quite desperate to "be apart of something" to hitch your wagon to the trump train and ignore all that is on that train.

Well, all I can say is the death rate is frightening and there is no way we can slough it off as heart disease, obesity, etc. being the cause for the majority. To look at the death rates and infection rates that are doubling every day, this is not the flu.
Technically we are all born with a pre-existing condition, we are human. Fragile, with a 100% guarantee to eventually die. As Morrison said, "No one gets out alive". Hence all deaths are excusable and can be blamed on that condition.

You know the next thing will be how many undocumented aliens were in the count as they aren't "Americans". He'll say 120,000 of the 121,000 were "illegals".

Relax... your hero, the waitress, wants to make sure all ILLEGAL ALIENS, sorry... "immigrants" get free money, too. And you morons REALLY can't understand why Trump was elected and will get re-elected. Are there any other countries you think the United States taxpayer should support financially? I mean... this only includes law breakers.

you missed the part where the graph for this years peak flu months are inverted. This flu season was supposed to be one of our bad ones, yet we took a dip during our peak months. This is in addition to the dip in other leading cause of death especially in new York.

You know the next thing will be how many undocumented aliens were in the count as they aren't "Americans". He'll say 120,000 of the 121,000 were "illegals".
that wouldn't happen, they put a travel ban on us and are protecting the border.....those racists...right leftists? isn't that racist? how dare they protect their border.

Illegal invaders don’t count because they are not here.
Throw them back over the great big beautiful wall.

Tick, tick, tick.
Listen, if you've decided to jump off the stupid train and onto the crazy train by arguing that you don't accept any death numbers, then I can't stop you.
That just makes you cuckoo like nono.
Why are you letting this guy get to you?
It’s not like you to let someone get under your thin skin.

How about every time an AC tech goes out on a call he condemns the whole unit and blames it on a
plugged filter.....That's what they are doing with the COVID019 scam......
Nice way to run a business.....
Yep...every death that tests positive for COVID-19 even though the underlying conditions were
the cause...tally it up to the " Chinese " Virus...
You Liberals are complete Idiots.....

How about every time an AC tech goes out on a call he condemns the whole unit and blames it on a
plugged filter.....That's what they are doing with the COVID019 scam......
Nice way to run a business.....
Yep...every death that tests positive for COVID-19 even though the underlying conditions were
the cause...tally it up to the " Chinese " Virus...
You Liberals are complete Idiots.....
OBVI

you missed the part where the graph for this years peak flu months are inverted. This flu season was supposed to be one of our bad ones, yet we took a dip during our peak months. This is in addition to the dip in other leading cause of death especially in new York.

Hey look Dumb S K! You got company! When idiots don't listen to doctors...

The study, “Pandemic Politics: Timing State-Level Social Distancing Responses to COVID-19” — by political science professors and a health metrics researcher from the University of Washington — found that red states or states with Republican governors instituted social distancing policies an average of nearly three days later than blue states did.

“Our findings are unambiguous: political variables are the strongest predictor of the early adoption of social distancing policies,” the study stated. “All else equal, states with Republican governors and Republican electorates delayed each social distancing measure by an average of 2.70 days ... a far larger effect than any other factor, including state income per capita, the percentage of neighboring states with mandates, or even confirmed cases in each state.”

While the gap may initially appear to be small, the difference could translate into a significant number of human lives with a disease that can spread explosively in a single day. The researchers noted the different outcomes in American cities during the 1918 influenza pandemic depending on how they responded: Stricter social distancing policies resulted in a fraction of the lives lost compared to places where policies were looser.

Du
Hey look Dumb S K! You got company! When idiots don't listen to doctors...

The study, “Pandemic Politics: Timing State-Level Social Distancing Responses to COVID-19” — by political science professors and a health metrics researcher from the University of Washington — found that red states or states with Republican governors instituted social distancing policies an average of nearly three days later than blue states did.

“Our findings are unambiguous: political variables are the strongest predictor of the early adoption of social distancing policies,” the study stated. “All else equal, states with Republican governors and Republican electorates delayed each social distancing measure by an average of 2.70 days ... a far larger effect than any other factor, including state income per capita, the percentage of neighboring states with mandates, or even confirmed cases in each state.”

While the gap may initially appear to be small, the difference could translate into a significant number of human lives with a disease that can spread explosively in a single day. The researchers noted the different outcomes in American cities during the 1918 influenza pandemic depending on how they responded: Stricter social distancing policies resulted in a fraction of the lives lost compared to places where policies were looser.
Dumb SK? Have you ever thought they "delayed social distancing" in red states because the severity of deaths are predominately in blue states? Context matters genius. you are seriously trying to compare red and blue states when a blue state like new York accounts for nearly half the confirmed cases and deaths in the U.S. lol you are a bigger idiot than I thought, and that says a lot.

Du

Dumb SK? Have you ever thought they "delayed social distancing" in red states because the severity of deaths are predominately in blue states? Context matters genius. you are seriously trying to compare red and blue states when a blue state like new York accounts for nearly half the confirmed cases and deaths in the U.S. lol you are a bigger idiot than I thought, and that says a lot.
They delayed social distancing because they're ignoramuses like you, who did what Trump told them to do. We all had the information by then, but stupid people don't believe real news anymore. Thank God for Dr. Fauci.
Again, you're so incredibly ignorant you are incapable of seeing beyond your nose. Looking forward to your departure.

They delayed social distancing because they're ignoramuses like you, who did what Trump told them to do. We all had the information by then, but stupid people don't believe real news anymore. Thank God for Dr. Fauci.
Again, you're so incredibly ignorant you are incapable of seeing beyond your nose. Looking forward to your departure.
208 "Coronavirus Deaths" so far today in NY. 56 for the rest of the country. your blue state is ruining it for the rest of us.

Sure. But the assertion being made by MSK357 was that COVID-19 was showing a higher/faster climb in infections/deaths than Swine Flu due to the way the COVID-19 deaths are being tracked. My response was that the Swine Flu used the same sort of reporting criteria, so the premise that COVID-19 is not as bad as Swine Flu because of the way deaths are reported is not correct, since both used the same reporting criteria.

Regardless, I think comparing two different types of viruses is nonsensical since every virus is unique. For example you wouldn't compare Ebola mortality rates to COVID-19. Ebola had far less deaths overall (thankfully), but an 80% mortality rate.

I'll repeat what I've stated here before and is that I hope that all of us--Federal, State, Citizens, Hospitals, Scientists--are learning from all of this how to contain a very contagious virus. Imagine an airbone Ebola? The next pandemic may be even worse...

Yes " A Pandemic " can be horrific....This manufactured outbreak is as filthy as the dead fish
in Nancy Pelosi's bed....

They delayed social distancing because they're ignoramuses like you,
who did what Trump told them to do. We all had the information by then,
but stupid people don't believe real news anymore. Thank God for Dr. Fauci.
Again, you're so incredibly ignorant you are incapable of seeing beyond your
nose. Looking forward to your departure.

The only departure will be you.....
Trolls like you come and go.....
The TRUTH has a way of flushing

you turds down the pipes....

208 "Coronavirus Deaths" so far today in NY. 56 for the rest of the country. your blue state is ruining it for the rest of us.

Back