Soccer while club activities are suspended

Copa9

BRONZE
That's the problem. There is no normalcy right now. Italy tried to maintain normalcy, Spain tried to maintain normalcy and now look at them. It's not hysteria, its common sense, its a communicable virus and there's very clear examples of why people just need to stay home for a few weeks. Defend your position all you want but there's no good reason " planning to get kids together from various teams for some kickarounds."
k
Add France and Germany to that list. A friends former son in-law is native German and has remarried a doctor in Germany. He travels back and forth a lot. His wife (the doctor, is telling him to check his temperature three times a day since coming back here last week). She has told everyone that Germany is expecting a 70% infection rate and is very worried about her two young children. Just something to think about.

dad4

SILVER ELITE
we are going into hermit mode, with tech. Just finished setting up the minecraft server for kids and friends.

For soccer, we are just playing within the family and doing wall work. we do track and bicycles for conditioning.

in all, we plan to keep in person social contacts down to once a week trips for staples.

Copa9

BRONZE
k
Add France and Germany to that list. A friends former son in-law is native German and has remarried a doctor in Germany. He travels back and forth a lot. His wife (the doctor, is telling him to check his temperature three times a day since coming back here last week). She has told everyone that Germany is expecting a 70% infection rate and is very worried about her two young children. Just something to think about.
Forgot to add, he has dual citizenship.

My son and I drove by the Glendale soccer fields near the LA Zoo today. No organized sports going on and not as busy as usual but the turf fields were still somewhat busy with people playing pickup and having picnics.

Sunil Illuminati

SILVER ELITE
I wasn't comparing the risks of the two. I was illustrating how fear mongering is causing people to be completely irrational and are making the problem worse by limiting necessary resources. Unfortunately individuals on this forum are promoting a completely unvetted apocalyptic article from a crowd sourced website using crowd sourced data by an individual who is not a medical professional, and is barely old enough to even have a medical degree. I'm going to take my medical advice from the CDC and Dr Fausti who by all accounts is highly respected by the medical community. If he says no on can leave there homes, I will follow his advice.

We've self quarantined my 87 year old Mom in her own home and she is fully stocked for a couple weeks. Despite our good health were avoiding anyone who is 60 or older. If someone in my household gets the virus we will all self quarantine for the required time and then some.

You do you. I'll do me.
Hey Watfly, bars are closed, restaurants are closed, are you still looking for groups to play? CDC hasn’t said anything about soccer right?

BIGD

BRONZE
Hey Watfly, bars are closed, restaurants are closed, are you still looking for groups to play? CDC hasn’t said anything about soccer right?
Fauci: US should brace to ‘hunker down’ even more
A top official in the coronavirus response says the U.S. should be prepared "to hunker down significantly more than we as a country are doing.” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on NBC’s “Meet The Press” that it is not clear whether the spread of the virus has been blunted.

Asked if he would prefer something like a 14-day national shutdown, Fauci told NBC: “You know, I would prefer as much as we possibly could. I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting."

watfly

GOLD
We skipped satan's kickaround actually. Son wanted to go fishing instead. Got this awesome picture of a blue heron.
20200315_212049.jpg

He nailed this nice bass out of a small golf course pond. Got some nice bass on the fly rod myself. Great day being out.
20200315_212433.jpg

Restaurants still open in San Diego, had a great birthday dinner. Thanks for your concern Sunil. Best health to you and your family.

blam

SILVER
I'm just getting ready to start home school. Tomorrow, no phones allowed during what would be normal school hours. Awaiting anxiously for teachers to send the syllabus over as indicated in her email. The one thing I need to adjust is to make sure PE falls into the same period for my kids. This is not a holiday. All kids expected to work just as hard if not harder now that they dont' have to leave the house.