Soccer Tennis

Both of my players (D1 college and older club player) have been doing a lot of soccer tennis in practice. I wonder if a side effect of the pandemic will be the increase in popularity of soccer tennis, or increased volleying skills when normal play resumes? Take your silver linings where you find them.

Both of my players (D1 college and older club player) have been doing a lot of soccer tennis in practice. I wonder if a side effect of the pandemic will be the increase in popularity of soccer tennis, or increased volleying skills when normal play resumes? Take your silver linings where you find them.

I think it's great. Juggling with a purpose.

Kids play regularly, we have a volleyball net that they slide the net down on the poles and the table top (teqball) one at the beach is fun also.

teqballmatch1.jpg

I find soccer tennis lame when compared to takraw. Takraw is way more athletic. Every 3 touches almost ends with a bicycle kick. Bicycle kick is a required skill to have in takraw at competitive level.

I find soccer tennis lame when compared to takraw. Takraw is way more athletic. Every 3 touches almost ends with a bicycle kick. Bicycle kick is a required skill to have in takraw at competitive level.
Looks incredibly difficult with the small ball. Impressive!

Back