SOCCER POSTS ONLY... Can this be done?

And more media coverage like this too in AZ is not going to help Surf's chances of holding their Jan. 1 tournament:

fear mongering , they should back it up with science as opposed to speculation. Regardless, Surf should put up or shut up. I get the sense that AZ will make a decision prior to thanksgiving. No wiggle room for Surf. Besides, might be better in the long run to cancel surf, calm things down, and have the big tournaments in FEB. Those same teams that will travel for Surf, will travel for PDT.

Whatever, don't want to get into a COVID/Soccer discussion....I suppose youth sports is the cause for spikes in ND and SD.

btw, thought it was totally crazy that GA teams played multiple games every weekend. yeah they got games in, but negatively affects the quality of play and the heatlh of the players---not to mention the sanity of parents driving to AZ and NV every weekend. young kids can handle it sure, but high school bodies cannot. What was your experience?
ECNL Showcases are 3 games in 3 days. Not a fan of that for the older girls.

USL score up date

Locals Only FC beat Mix Bag FC 4-2. I cant say who or where, but soccer is being played and that makes me happy. I know of two other USL games that took place and I look to post as soon as I get results back. Scores were supposed to come to me before 12am. However, many are afraid that I will snitch and I promised I would not snitch on friends. BTW, who snitches on friends anyways?

I can't believe the AZ and NV teams travel so much during a regular season....

Typically in ECNL we have to travel twice and it's a pain.. mad respect to the AZ and NV teams for all their travel.
It is why we usually do team travel. Rent a couple of large buses, 2 chaperones per team, and off they go. Parents drop them off at the bus and pick them up at the bus. Many times we get a live feed, if not we watch the tape a couple of days later.

Kids have a blast hanging out with their friends, parents don't drive, and it is cheaper vs families heading out on their own.

It is why we usually do team travel. Rent a couple of large buses, 2 chaperones per team, and off they go. Parents drop them off at the bus and pick them up at the bus. Many times we get a live feed, if not we watch the tape a couple of days later.

Kids have a blast hanging out with their friends, parents don't drive, and it is cheaper vs families heading out on their own.
and let's not forget, it prepares the goats for life after daddy and mommy pulling all the strings for play time. Goat has to figure out life on her own when she is older and this is how it starts. I sure hope those buses make the trip next year. Make sure your one of the chaperones Hound because we have a bet, remember?

fear mongering , they should back it up with science as opposed to speculation. Regardless, Surf should put up or shut up. I get the sense that AZ will make a decision prior to thanksgiving. No wiggle room for Surf. Besides, might be better in the long run to cancel surf, calm things down, and have the big tournaments in FEB. Those same teams that will travel for Surf, will travel for PDT.

Whatever, don't want to get into a COVID/Soccer discussion....I suppose youth sports is the cause for spikes in ND and SD.
AZ should cancel by Tuesday after the weekend numbers are posted. Just schedule some local scrimmages with the weather holding up and stay local if your team has parents who can relax with out games. Im disappointed more California Club directors aren't being proactive and canceling out of state travel right now.

Its all about $$$$$ in the end.

Im disappointed more California Club directors aren't being proactive and canceling out of state travel right now.

It is likely they are just listening to their customers, who after 8+ months and watching so many clubs around SoCal and the rest of the country play, are fed up with “sitting at home”.

It is entirely feasible for games to be played locally with no risk to the kids or families (if they follow common sense guidances)....just follow the science.

AZ should cancel by Tuesday after the weekend numbers are posted. Just schedule some local scrimmages with the weather holding up and stay local if your team has parents who can relax with out games. Im disappointed more California Club directors aren't being proactive and canceling out of state travel right now.

I'm getting lots of folks asking me about the USL. Cops have pretty much said, "dont get us involved." I will never share where the games are being played, way too many snitches. This also has nothing to do with club. This is free soccer. Q. AZ, get the bus together and let's get two games for you before Winter arrives. Can I get someone from Poway? Where is Del Mar? Oceanside? Rancho Ber nar dough.......South Bay? Come one guys, get a team and let's ball. BTW, I dropped 6 x 6 and not just going 11 v 11. I also have refs. I spoke to LA Sherriff last week and he said his son plays soccer and he just laugh it off as______________________________. I told him it's not funny and he agreed and said _______________________________

ECNL Showcases are 3 games in 3 days. Not a fan of that for the older girls.
Not a fan of 3 games in 3 days. The DA (and now likely the GA) limited play to 2 games every 3 days at showcases. The downside is an extra days worth of expenses for the traveling families. You still played 3 games while at a showcase, but your stay was longer - no less than 5 days worth of travel for a showcase.

It is likely they are just listening to their customers, who after 8+ months and watching so many clubs around SoCal and the rest of the country play, are fed up with “sitting at home”.

It is entirely feasible for games to be played locally with no risk to the kids or families (if they follow common sense guidances)....just follow the science.
It's time to ball bro. Club has too many liabilities and let's be frank, way too many snitches. USL is the way to go. I got fields in _________________and __________________. All free too. Free parking :) All we have to do is find goats who want to play and pay ref fees. Get a team bro and lets get the girls some play time. Tech, get IE team brah. Tech FC? Crush FC? Kicker4life FC and many more? No club affiliations at all. The avatar can sponser the team as well? No lime or yellow shirts or red shirts, just black shorts and white shirt. Put a penny around them. No pack packs, just goat ready to ball.

Not a fan of 3 games in 3 days. The DA (and now likely the GA) limited play to 2 games every 3 days at showcases. The downside is an extra days worth of expenses for the traveling families. You still played 3 games while at a showcase, but your stay was longer - no less than 5 days worth of travel for a showcase.
the extra hotel day is still cheaper than PT.

It's certainly feasible. Politically it may be hard for AZ and maricopa county to not cancel Surf. I fully expect other mitigation measures go into effect this week. I don't think we'll see a "shutdown" but certain aspects of the AZ economy may be paused (bars, reduced capacity indoor dining, etc).

No big deal for soccer parents - you can still go and get takeout and adult calming beverages and enjoy them on the patios of most hotels. Half priced bottles of wine for everyone.

Desert Super Cup is still on for thanksgiving weekend. If they cancel at the last minute, that would be a nail in the coffin for Surf ( I think).

yes but its everything away from the fields you are forgetting about. How many parents will just stay at the hotel with their families and not go out and intermingle? It just takes one selfish parent and its over and im not even touching on if that parent has multiple kids playing on different teams at the club.

90% of club parents have no common sense. After being on this board you could even say its scientifically proven.

yes but its everything away from the fields you are forgetting about. How many parents will just stay at the hotel with their families and not go out and intermingle? It just takes one selfish parent and its over and im not even touching on if that parent has multiple kids playing on different teams at the club.

90% of club parents have no common sense. After being on this board you could even say its scientifically proven.
I think Kicker is suggesting playing some local games, without hotels.

I think it’s in the guidelines that were supposed to be released, but got squished by the current spike. Local games in orange, within your county or neighboring counties. OC does very well in this system, if you look at a map and think about it.

I suspect AZ will go into some sort of pause, which should coincide with the natural break in youth sports. Surf will be collateral damage. That very well may damage the fragile minds of these 90 percenters that you speak of.

Until then, like today, CA license plates will be taking up all of the to go food pick up parking spots - which is not a bad thing.

That is the part that sucked. 5 days in FL, etc.

DA also had a tendency to schedule the week before finals in Dec as well. So instead of a 3 days weekend and missing a day, the kids missed most of the week.

Desert Super Cup is still on for thanksgiving weekend. If they cancel at the last minute, that would be a nail in the coffin for Surf ( I think).
supposed to be driving out Friday for this but fully expect word to come out early this week about cancellation.

I’m mixed right now. I fully expect that if they play, it will be the only games until next season (summer) as I dont expect high school/club to do anything beyond this next week.
Flip side, I don’t want my family or others getting sick.

I agree - it's a balance. I question how much value is gained by that 3rd game in 3 days. Honestly, I'd prefer 2 games in 3 days with a day off in between. There is a reason colleges and professionals don't do it. Quality not only degrades, but injuries also increase.

Back