Slow your roll, Top Coach suspended

What does it mean to slow your roll?
Slow your Roll. 1 Reply. This is a phrase that we're all familiar in the US. It means to slow down, relax or calm down. It means to think about things before you let your enthusiasm lead you too quickly down a path that can cause more harm than good.

Some local coaches have been pushing the boundaries as I've personally seen at least 3x of them holding full practices so won't be surprised if others get caught which is a shame, I'm sure they have good intentions but what's the big rush?

Some local coaches have been pushing the boundaries as I've personally seen at least 3x of them holding full practices so won't be surprised if others get caught which is a shame, I'm sure they have good intentions but what's the big rush?

I have seen same thing..... it is shameless and there should be consequences for those coaches..... my dd is desperate to be back with her team but it is not far away now to be able to do so both legally and morally......

Holding practice during a mandatory off season is cheating. In most sports, it gets you fired and your team suspended.

I think you mean putting other peoples lives in danger (Though even that is overblown). The seasonal flu is more fatal to kids under 18.
Let’s say for the sake of argument you are correct... kids do not die “as much” as older adults.

So in “your world” a kid can get infected and survive.

The kid gets it and will give it to the parents and siblings they must live with... How many parents or grand parents in your view is acceptable for that kid to lose? 1 or 2.

What were we risking people’s lives for... I forgot... oh yeah a soccer game.

Let’s say for the sake of argument you are correct... kids do not die “as much” as older adults.

The kid gets it and will give it to the parents and siblings they must live with... How many parents or grand parents in your view is acceptable for that kid to lose? 1 or 2.

stay home Karl

calm down man, I'm just saying your statement of "not to mention putting kids lives in danger" isn't true. Its actually less dangerous than letting your kid play soccer in February during a normal flu season. misinformation causes a lot of fear. What you said was misinformation as far as kids lives and COVID.

calm down man, I'm just saying your statement of "not to mention putting kids lives in danger" isn't true. Its actually less dangerous than letting your kid play soccer in February during a normal flu season. misinformation causes a lot of fear. What you said was misinformation as far as kids lives and COVID.

No you calm down... this view is dangerous. If a kid loses a parent or grandparent that is forever... this thing is not a joke or a political ploy. I am in no rush to push my kid to play. In fact I think he’s growing more self resilience because he is away from parents and coaches that have this view.... I used to tolerate this attitude not anymore.

I

No you calm down... this view is dangerous. If a kid loses a parent or grandparent that is forever... this thing is not a joke or a political ploy. I am in no rush to push my kid to play. In fact I think he’s growing more self resilience because he is away from parents and coaches that have this view.... I used to tolerate this attitude not anymore.

I
ok, I understand your concern. Since more kids die from the flu than COVID under 18 you should probably take him out of soccer every flu season as well. Especially since your comment was about kids lives being in danger. Your comment was incorrect. get over it.

I
keep your idiotic views of self isolation for life without sports to yourself. This is a soccer forum, a team sport. Not some fraidy cat forum where we ignore the statistics and tell everyone they are putting everyone else at risk for stepping outside. You are the problem, spreading incorrect information that only increases fear. Go away, forever

keep your idiotic views of self isolation for life without sports to yourself. This is a soccer forum, a team sport. Not some fraidy cat forum where we ignore the statistics and tell everyone they are putting everyone else at risk for stepping outside. You are the problem, spreading incorrect information that only increases fear. Go away, forever
I have been to Iraq and been in MOPP4 for half of it.. I know what a Bioweapon can do... this is not a joke. This is real life it will bite you.

Unlike the flu, for which there is a vaccine, everyone in the population is theoretically susceptible to COVID-19. So while the flu affects 8% of the U.S. population every year, according to the CDC, between 50% and 80% of the population could be infected with COVID-19, according to a study published March 30 in the journal The Lancet. In the U.S., that would translate to 1 million deaths from COVID-19 if half the population becomes infected and there are no social distancing measures or therapeutics, the Post reported.
Unlike the flu, for which there is a vaccine, everyone in the population is theoretically susceptible to COVID-19. So while the flu affects 8% of the U.S. population every year, according to the CDC, between 50% and 80% of the population could be infected with COVID-19, according to a study published March 30 in the journal The Lancet. In the U.S., that would translate to 1 million deaths from COVID-19 if half the population becomes infected and there are no social distancing measures or therapeutics, the Post reported.[/QUOTE]

Back