Since no one talking about it

Eagle33

PREMIER
Looks like once Soccer starts in Cali, it will start on all fronts - Adult, UPSL, WPSL, ECNL, College Spring season, HS, Club, Rec, etc.
Nobody really looking into it, I'm guessing since everyone is too busy with other things, but how it would be even possible to cover all those games with referees?
Just wondering.....

Looks like once Soccer starts in Cali, it will start on all fronts - Adult, UPSL, WPSL, ECNL, College Spring season, HS, Club, Rec, etc.
Nobody really looking into it, I'm guessing since everyone is too busy with other things, but how it would be even possible to cover all those games with referees?
Just wondering.....
I am hoping the pay goes up for my referee.

Just wondering.....
There are some problems you wish you had, and this is one of them :D .

Valid point. When that dam breaks its going to be a cluster. Are refs ready to return to the field? The best I'm sure are still sharp, but I would worry about the others (and when I say worry, like a 1 out of 100). If my kid is playing, I will be thankful for any ref that shows up. And I promise to be nicer.

I wonder how refs are maintaining their credentials during this time? Were they any programs available if they wanted to advance a level during Covid?

Who will be more out of shape those first few league games? Players or referees? Or how many referees will just say "Nah, I'm good. I did it for a little extra money and for the love of the game. But now that I've been away, I can make just as much money driving for doordash and I rarely get screamed at by parents in beach chairs."

Who will be more out of shape those first few league games? Players or referees? Or how many referees will just say "Nah, I'm good. I did it for a little extra money and for the love of the game. But now that I've been away, I can make just as much money driving for doordash and I rarely get screamed at by parents in beach chairs."
We really need to get rid of those beach chairs....that's the problem!!!

The bigger issue will be refs make more money on unemployment than reffing. It will be a choice tor some.

The bigger issue will be refs make more money on unemployment than reffing. It will be a choice tor some.

Do think there might be some shortage?

Some locals we are friends with say they will likely return once vaccinated but not before that.

Do think there might be some shortage?

Some locals we are friends with say they will likely return once vaccinated but not before that.
Yes there will be a shortage. Especially since college and HS are both happening at the same time. For Example as a Center a Ref gets the following

NCAA (D2) ~ $160 - 1 Game - 2 Hours
HS Varsity - ~$80 - 1 Game - 2 Hours
Club Older - ~ 150 - 3 games - 6 hours

Refs that do all of these will likely lean towards the HS and College games before club if they are willing to do any at this time. These seasons usually are not all going on at the same time

Yes there will be a shortage. Especially since college and HS are both happening at the same time. For Example as a Center a Ref gets the following

NCAA (D2) ~ $160 - 1 Game - 2 Hours
HS Varsity - ~$80 - 1 Game - 2 Hours
Club Older - ~ 150 - 3 games - 6 hours

Refs that do all of these will likely lean towards the HS and College games before club if they are willing to do any at this time. These seasons usually are not all going on at the same time
yes, lets see how many of them will try to do all since college and HS during the week and club on weekends. it's a good time for refs willing to ref right now

yes, lets see how many of them will try to do all since college and HS during the week and club on weekends. it's a good time for refs willing to ref right now
Also heard from a school AD this week that the other issue is that a lot of Soccer refs also do Lacrosse and now they are at the same time which normally doesn't happen.

Taking to a friend who is assignor, all of us will be really pissed starting on weekend of 20-21st. There will be a huge shortage of refs so don't complain about quality, or we will have even less.

Taking to a friend who is assignor, all of us will be really pissed starting on weekend of 20-21st. There will be a huge shortage of refs so don't complain about quality, or we will have even less.

If you get line judges, consider yourselves extremely lucky.

Who else can call "offsides"?
Lol...................you meant " offside " right?...................................I like how people yell at CR and say " offsides ref "!!................wouldn't that mean two players were called offside?

Back