Since no one talking about it

Maybe refs will enjoy fewer or possibly no spectators and less chatter for a bunch of LA county games. Will those local health districts or schools get around to at least letting in the immediate family members or limited spectators?

One person crew instead or 2 or 2 instead of 3 might go down.

For playoffs or rivals games the crowd atmosphere can be uplifting & motivating. Having to play without that will be interesting for the kids, hopefully they can concentrate on the game with distractions and get in more soccer. Let's see if they hold there tongue some more or less?

I think it's safe to assume that offside and handballs will have a wide variety of interpretations each week.
And how is that any different than any other season? :D I hope we can all be a little more sympathetic to the refs. I'm mostly saying that for myself. We had refs last week and I did really well...actually they did an excellent job using a 2 ref system.

I think it's safe to assume that offside and handballs will have a wide variety of interpretations each week.

How many games will not have scores recorded?

@ 25% I would guess some games may not have refs when the teams show up and everyone minus baker still wants to play anyway. let's "scrimmage" at least might happen.

Have to wonder if those unemployment benefits may be influencing?

How many games will not have scores recorded?

@ 25% I would guess some games may not have refs when the teams show up and everyone minus baker still wants to play anyway. let's "scrimmage" at least might happen.

Have to wonder if those unemployment benefits may be influencing?
I wonder what class of ref this is affecting? Is it 25% across the board? Mostly low level refs? Are we losing a lot of experienced refs?

Do MLS Next and ECNL have their own distinct pool of refs separate and a part from a general pool of refs?

I wonder what class of ref this is affecting? Is it 25% across the board? Mostly low level refs? Are we losing a lot of experienced refs?

Do MLS Next and ECNL have their own distinct pool of refs separate and a part from a general pool of refs?

Not sure don't they all through USSF, a state association, and local referee associations?

Certain associations have contracts with various leagues so not sure there is any reserved pool or anything like that for X Y or Z league (s).

I would imagine a shortage of California refs is going to affect all leagues to some degree not just the Cal South ones, $$ talks like others have mentioned, the better paying ones maybe have more participation.

Money and location talks.
Not sure how many refs want to drive to Silverlakes if they live in Western /Southern OC.
I guess I'll dust off my whistle.

Back