Since Having Covid

I feel your pain, CO is just like CA. I wasn't the best student but do remember most of the basics of my Medical Microbiology degree and seem to recall that vaccines are developed to try and mimic actually getting the disease, produce an immune response and to gain immunity. It is quite deafening how the millions of people that have had COVID and remarkably didn't die, are totally ignored by the Gov't. So when I come and visit LA, I may not be allowed into grocery stores or restaurants. Doesn't make any sense to the scientist in me. Variants are what microbes due to remain viable, but it seems the vaccines are missing a few components to battle them but nothing about Natural Immunity from being a survivor. Way too many questions and too much silence (or they are being silenced) about Natural Immunity.

I feel your pain, CO is just like CA. I wasn't the best student but do remember most of the basics of my Medical Microbiology degree and seem to recall that vaccines are developed to try and mimic actually getting the disease, produce an immune response and to gain immunity. It is quite deafening how the millions of people that have had COVID and remarkably didn't die, are totally ignored by the Gov't. So when I come and visit LA, I may not be allowed into grocery stores or restaurants. Doesn't make any sense to the scientist in me. Variants are what microbes due to remain viable, but it seems the vaccines are missing a few components to battle them but nothing about Natural Immunity from being a survivor. Way too many questions and too much silence (or they are being silenced) about Natural Immunity.
Science + Fear != Science

Still no colds here, and no one I know has caught covid twice. Covid might have eradicated the common cold!

I used to get a head or chest cold every year. I even spent a night in the hosp[ital for it in 2019. I can't say whether it has been isolation, disinfection, or vaccine, but the only sniffles I have had in the last year and a half have been from my cat allergy.

Still no colds here, and no one I know has caught covid twice. Covid might have eradicated the common cold!

I know 4 different people who are what is referred to as double vaccinated:. Caught COVID-19 + later vaccinated but still have caught common colds but they live in colder or different climates or out of state. 2 in Colorado and 2 from New York.

I have had a few mini episodes of Covid that last a few days. I think this is me catching it again and my body fighting it off through my immunity. I did talk to a coworker who had covid and not vaccinated, who has experienced the exact same thing. Another friend has just got covid for the first time and was vaccinated with Johnson j.

Herd immunity is slowly happening and might be the strongest way to fight this.

I have had a few mini episodes of Covid that last a few days. I think this is me catching it again and my body fighting it off through my immunity. I did talk to a coworker who had covid and not vaccinated, who has experienced the exact same thing. Another friend has just got covid for the first time and was vaccinated with Johnson j.

Herd immunity is slowly happening and might be the strongest way to fight this.

It's based on two assumptions: 1) does vaccine and natural immunity wane over time....if perpetual boosters are required (as the Israelis seem to believe), we won't be able to mandate vaccines constantly to reach the constantly increasing herd immunity thresholds (if vaccine immunity but not natural immunity decline quickly, the only other way out is if everyone gets exposed to it and quickly before 2 can happen); and 2) does the virus continue to mutate away from vaccine and natural immunity protections from earlier strains as the Delta partially has.

It's based on two assumptions: 1) does vaccine and natural immunity wane over time....if perpetual boosters are required (as the Israelis seem to believe), we won't be able to mandate vaccines constantly to reach the constantly increasing herd immunity thresholds (if vaccine immunity but not natural immunity decline quickly, the only other way out is if everyone gets exposed to it and quickly before 2 can happen); and 2) does the virus continue to mutate away from vaccine and natural immunity protections from earlier strains as the Delta partially has.

Regular mutation is what flu does (with "flu" meant as a generic term for many closely-rated viral diseases). That's why we get a shot every year.

Since you have suggested that you are not an anti-vaxxer, I presume the "we" above is appropriate.

Regular mutation is what flu does (with "flu" meant as a generic term for many closely-rated viral diseases). That's why we get a shot every year.

Since you have suggested that you are not an anti-vaxxer, I presume the "we" above is appropriate.
Yes, but as has been pointing out to you before:

a. The flu vaccine is not mandatory
b. The flu vaccine's efficiency varies year to year
c. We do not lockdown, mandate masks (esp. on kids), or use vaccine passports for flu
d. We are not at herd immunity for the flu
e. People die, get hospitalized and get long flu from the flu....sometimes substantial amounts, and much more so in kids than COVID.

Yes, but as has been pointing out to you before:

a. The flu vaccine is not mandatory
b. The flu vaccine's efficiency varies year to year
c. We do not lockdown, mandate masks (esp. on kids), or use vaccine passports for flu
d. We are not at herd immunity for the flu
e. People die, get hospitalized and get long flu from the flu....sometimes substantial amounts, and much more so in kids than COVID.

...and flu isn't killing half a million a year in the USA

My wife and I and our three kids have all been double vaccinated with Phizer. My wife had a sore arm after the second shot but the rest of us did not suffered any type of side effects. We wear a mask when we go indoors and as soon as we walk outside we quickly remove. We dont feel like we are being crazy over the top about trying not to catch Covid. Instead we feel like we are being careful and cautious and are gong about living our lives We try to spend as much time outdoors as possible and with So Cal weather being so favorable its not hard to do. All three of my kids are having a blast playing soccer and other sports and all are doing well in school. Life is short and it goes by pretty fast. So we do our best to stay positive and keep moving forward. For those of you who are not vaccinated, we respect your right to choose and pray that you do not catch Covid.

Back