Since Having Covid

Reminder: The CDC/NIH/Fauci-backed pause of the J&J vaccine did more to invigorate vaccine hesitancy in the US than any other factor.

May be an image of text that says 'Daily COVID-19 vaccine doses administered per 100 people Shown the rolling -day average per 100 people in the total population. For vaccines that require multiple doses, each individual dose is counted. LINEAR LOG Our World in Data Add country 0.8 0.6 J&J Pause 0.4 0.2 United States Dec21,2020 2020 21, Apr 15, 2021 Source: Official data collated by Our World in OurWorldinData.org/coronavirus BY Jun 2021 Sep 4, 2021 Last updated September 2021, 10:30 (London time)'

How come no one is mentioning that this virus originated from an animal(bat, I believe). Animal transmission goes both ways. If this virus lives in humans AND animals....... Are we gonna vaccinate all animals next?
All raccoons have a mask. If only all the other animals followed their good example, this could be over and we could go back to our lives.
- @dad4 (probably)

How come no one is mentioning that this virus originated from an animal(bat, I believe). Animal transmission goes both ways. If this virus lives in humans AND animals....... Are we gonna vaccinate all animals next?
Yeah it’s even crossed into dogs now. There’s no evidence of dog to human transmission yet or dog to dog. But it’s a potential reservoir for more mutations. Either story is bad: either the original source is zoonotic and there’s a potential reservoir there for ongoing new infections to emerge, or this thing was lab enhanced to be uniquely virulent in humans (perhaps why it isn’t hitting animals as hard). The list is getting very long: all sorts of cats, dogs, ferrets and minks, otters, beavers, hamsters, pigs, bats, primates and god help us maybe even rats. The list also cuts against the zoonotic origin: unless it was a spontaneous mutation (see the film contagion), it should have spread to other animals prior to the outbreak in humans…we should have seen it in livestock or cats first or relatively simultaneously.

in any case shouldn’t we be erring on the side of caution? Time to mask up Fido, fluffy and squeaky. Non mammals can remain unmasked for the time being. Don’t worry. It will only be 14 days

Yeah it’s even crossed into dogs now. There’s no evidence of dog to human transmission yet or dog to dog. But it’s a potential reservoir for more mutations. Either story is bad: either the original source is zoonotic and there’s a potential reservoir there for ongoing new infections to emerge, or this thing was lab enhanced to be uniquely virulent in humans (perhaps why it isn’t hitting animals as hard). The list is getting very long: all sorts of cats, dogs, ferrets and minks, otters, beavers, hamsters, pigs, bats, primates and god help us maybe even rats. The list also cuts against the zoonotic origin: unless it was a spontaneous mutation (see the film contagion), it should have spread to other animals prior to the outbreak in humans…we should have seen it in livestock or cats first or relatively simultaneously.

in any case shouldn’t we be erring on the side of caution? Time to mask up Fido, fluffy and squeaky. Non mammals can remain unmasked for the time being. Don’t worry. It will only be 14 days
1631188794564.png

The other weird thing about this is we haven't really seen a cross over into large livestock (despite livestock being susceptible to numerous coronaviruses). The primary cross overs have been either those animals which are very similar to us (primates) or those animals which live in very close contact with us (cats, dogs, ferretts, hamsters). With the exception of cats, most of them don't develop severe forms of the disease and there hasn't been proof that they transmit the disease onto people. The virus isn't very efficient (yet) in animals, largely because the way that the coronaviruses are built (the spike proteins are targeted to the cells of a particular species). And despite humans being in close contact with cats, dogs, livestock for generations, coronaviruses which can be very common in these animals haven't crossed over into humans (nor have the other human coronaviruses efficiently crossed over into animals). It really points to this being either man made or a man made enhancement or a spontaneous mutation that came about through really prolonged exposure (whether in a lab or a bat cave) leading to a fluke mutation.

Please explain.
I did in my second post. There are lots of coronaviruses out there in other species. They rarely cross species to species. When they do they aren't very efficient. This one though crossed to humans before being spotted in any known animal (still no known source) and is infecting a long list of animals but not as severely as humans. Most coronaviruses are optimized for a species and again rarely cross over despite very close contact. This one seems optimized for humans and has crossed over...it's an oddity since even SARS 1 didn't behave that way.

I did in my second post. There are lots of coronaviruses out there in other species. They rarely cross species to species. When they do they aren't very efficient. This one though crossed to humans before being spotted in any known animal (still no known source) and is infecting a long list of animals but not as severely as humans. Most coronaviruses are optimized for a species and again rarely cross over despite very close contact. This one seems optimized for humans and has crossed over...it's an oddity since even SARS 1 didn't behave that way.
Further credence to the “gain of function” argument.

" ...really... "?

My wife and I and our three kids have all been double vaccinated with Phizer. My wife had a sore arm after the second shot but the rest of us did not suffered any type of side effects. We wear a mask when we go indoors and as soon as we walk outside we quickly remove. We dont feel like we are being crazy over the top about trying not to catch Covid. Instead we feel like we are being careful and cautious and are gong about living our lives We try to spend as much time outdoors as possible and with So Cal weather being so favorable its not hard to do. All three of my kids are having a blast playing soccer and other sports and all are doing well in school. Life is short and it goes by pretty fast. So we do our best to stay positive and keep moving forward. For those of you who are not vaccinated, we respect your right to choose and pray that you do not catch Covid.
I found this to be the most reasonable/rationale response in a long time. For health reasons we are not VAX and have been waiting for the novavax. In the meantime 3/4 of us recently had COVID. It definitely wasn't fun.

I feel your pain, CO is just like CA. I wasn't the best student but do remember most of the basics of my Medical Microbiology degree and seem to recall that vaccines are developed to try and mimic actually getting the disease, produce an immune response and to gain immunity. It is quite deafening how the millions of people that have had COVID and remarkably didn't die, are totally ignored by the Gov't. So when I come and visit LA, I may not be allowed into grocery stores or restaurants. Doesn't make any sense to the scientist in me. Variants are what microbes due to remain viable, but it seems the vaccines are missing a few components to battle them but nothing about Natural Immunity from being a survivor. Way too many questions and too much silence (or they are being silenced) about Natural Immunity.
I had COVID in March 2020 and it really messed me up with decreased lung function for about 6 months. I got the vaccine mainly so I would have that silly little vaccination card. That card got me into concerts and allowed me to not have to wear a mask at work and other places. I knew that I had natural immunity, but the government did not issue silly little natural immunity cards to those of us that survived COVID. Knock on wood….have not had a cold since having COVID.

I will say that this particular question fascinates me. I've always been the type that has a heightened level of curiosity about the unexplainable. I look forward to future studies and any revelations that might come from them. Science will probably never be able to answer this question with 100% certainty, but maybe there will be other medical advances that come from it.

I will say that this particular question fascinates me. I've always been the type that has a heightened level of curiosity about the unexplainable. I look forward to future studies and any revelations that might come from them. Science will probably never be able to answer this question with 100% certainty, but maybe there will be other medical advances that come from it.
Happened to me. The brother in law and I were the only ones to come out of the Christmas get together negative while those around us got it. No one bad, not even the fully vaxxed and boostered 83 yo mother in law.

Back