SilverLakes Thanksgiving Showcase

zags77

SILVER ELITE
Does anyone know when the accepted teams list will be up?

College coaches list?

Here's the list....

Legends Chocolate
Legends Orange
Legends Vanilla
Legends Strawberry
Legends Rocky Road (like that one)
along with every other Legends flavor and anyone not legends that couldn't get into Surf Challenge

Does anyone really need a list of who is going to a Legends tournament?

Here's the list....

Legends Chocolate
Legends Orange
Legends Vanilla
Legends Strawberry
along with every other Legends flavor and anyone not legends that couldn't get into Surf Challenge

You are mistaken EVERYONE gets into Surf within the Last year! Don't you see it at least 4 brackets and so on! It's become a money grab Tournament

What happened to Surf? Looking at the 45 girls teams accepted to the 2001 bracket only 7 of them (3 are from SoCal) are in the top 100 based on Got Soccer. If you look just at SoCal and use Youth Soccer Rankings only 4 out of the 25 SoCal teams will be there. It still looks like a good tournament but no longer one of the elite.

Here's the list....

Legends Chocolate
Legends Orange
Legends Vanilla
Legends Strawberry

Someone got out the wrong side of bed today...geez.

Here's the list....

Legends Chocolate
Legends Orange
Legends Vanilla
Legends Strawberry

Ha - you must be one of those Surf 'E' licensed ECNL coaches.

We're gonna tryout the SilverLakes Thxgiving event this year. Been to Surf Thxgiving quite a few years in a row. I agree it has lost a step or two in BOTH of its tournaments. We'll see if SilverLakes is any good this time around.

Here's the list....

Legends Chocolate
Legends Orange
Legends Vanilla
Legends Strawberry

It will be interesting to compare the PHX ECNL college coaching list to SilverLakes college coaching list since they are so close together.

What happened to Surf? Looking at the 45 girls teams accepted to the 2001 bracket only 7 of them (3 are from SoCal) are in the top 100 based on Got Soccer. If you look just at SoCal and use Youth Soccer Rankings only 4 out of the 25 SoCal teams will be there. It still looks like a good tournament but no longer one of the elite.
GotSoccer was never very accurate and is especially inaccurate this year with the DA/DPL realignment. YSL has been a little quicker to come up to speed, but hasn't added the results from DPL yet (and, even then, the DPL season results wouldn't tell us much as those teams have limited results so far against non-DPL teams).

In any event, I don't know 2001 well, but for 2002 girls I see at least 9 teams that most would agree are among the top 25 in SoCal (including 2 of the top 3). That's more than 1/3 of the best SoCal teams gathered in one tournament. The attending coach list also remains very robust. I've heard from coaches on the list that they are indeed scouting there again this year, so to the best of my knowledge the list is accurate. Further, looking at last year's 2002 brackets there was only one DPL club (LA Galaxy San Diego) that participated. They were in the second tier bracket and failed to win their pool, so I doubt their absence this year will make the College Cup materially less elite for the '02s.

That for the U11-U14 tournament. Last years college showcase is actually 9th on the list. I agree that Got Soccer is not very accurate and it is even less accurate without any fall DA and DPL games entered (not even entered yet for Youth Soccer Rankings). I also agree that we need to see DPL teams play in some upcoming tournaments to determine their relative strength against CSL and SCDSL teams. Unfortunately we will not get this comparative information for DA teams. Surf Thanksgiving lost some of its luster last year when it was partially rained out. Its looking very dry this year so far so hopefully that does not happened again.

That for the U11-U14 tournament. Last years college showcase is actually 9th on the list. I agree that Got Soccer is not very accurate and it is even less accurate without any fall DA and DPL games entered (not even entered yet for Youth Soccer Rankings). I also agree that we need to see DPL teams play in some upcoming tournaments to determine their relative strength against CSL and SCDSL teams. Unfortunately we will not get this comparative information for DA teams.
Good catch. Thanks for the correction. Still one of the nation's top tournaments. You can see why it is a draw for so many coaches.

And, yes, the DA structure is really terrible if you are trying to use a statistical method to determine national rankings. The only thing we'll have I suppose is to look where DA players end up playing soccer after high school. But people far smarter than me would have to figure out how to work that into a ranking algorithm.

That for the U11-U14 tournament. Last years college showcase is actually 9th on the list. I agree that Got Soccer is not very accurate and it is even less accurate without any fall DA and DPL games entered (not even entered yet for Youth Soccer Rankings). I also agree that we need to see DPL teams play in some upcoming tournaments to determine their relative strength against CSL and SCDSL teams. Unfortunately we will not get this comparative information for DA teams. Surf Thanksgiving lost some of its luster last year when it was partially rained out. Its looking very dry this year so far so hopefully that does not happened again.
Actually youthsoccerrakings.com does have DA games listed. The problem is a lot of the teams have not cleaned up their page so to speak. Looking at del Sol DA u14 the pages shows some DA games...while at that same time listing games from their II team on the same page. People just need to report errors on those results so that they get placed under the correct team.

Not sure if PHX ECNL will draw as many coaches as Thanksgiving.
Nov 10-12, many college teams are playing in conference tournaments.
College coaches are available over Thanksgiving to recruit since colleges (left in playoffs) are off that weekend.

Here's the list....

Legends Chocolate
Legends Orange
Legends Vanilla
Legends Strawberry

The silverlakes Thanksgiving tournament last year was quite impressive IMO. Well run and coaches present were impressive. Over 20 coaches at each game for our 00 group. Paid off for my dd as well as several others we know. Competition was good as well.
I don't think you will be disappointed at either event

Schedules for are up....(DA schedules are not up yet)

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/master.aspx?eid=507
Intriguing matchups for the GU16's. We'll see the #1 DPL team vs #3 SW ECNL team. Also matchups of #8 DPL vs. #6 SW ECNL and #4 DPL vs. #7 SW ECNL. Should provide the first real test of how comparatively deep each league is. Also a matchup between the #10 DPL team and #5 SCDSL Champions team. Plus some out of state teams mixed in. A very interesting weekend ahead.

Back