Silverlakes Fall Showcase vs Surf College Cup

Would love to hear opinions on both. Which is better? Better competition? Colleges attending? Game format?

Let's hear it!

The Surf College Cup for the olders is usually well attended by college coaches and this year I predict will be a busy one. I recall the game format being showcase only in the past but it appears this year it will have a champion crowned so that's new. They are also adding a 2nd weekend for the youngers to compete.

I can't speak for the Silverlakes Fall Showcase as I've never attended.

For the boys no comparison surf is much more well attended.

For the girls surf is likely more popular but Silverlakes does seem to draw a lot of legends and teams that normally play out there, not as many out of area as surf.

These are around Thanksgiving so not sure how many coaches really want to give up the holiday weekend but some take a little vacation out of them.

College coaches are always recruiting in droves over Thanksgiving weekend. It has been that way forever. Surf is highly attended by college coaches.

To be honest, if November Nights is still going on that can be a great resource for some teams. Smaller venue, a lot of coaches and players definitely get recruited from there.

Back