The early coaches lists:

Surf **No list yet, but accepted teams are up**
https://events.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.aspx?eventid=54040

Silver Lakes **accepted teams list NOT up**
http://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/collgecoachattending.aspx?eid=323

November Nights **accepted teams list NOT up**
https://events.gotsport.com/events/collegecoaches.aspx?EventID=51885

Surf **No list yet, but accepted teams are up**

Impressive list from 1st year tourney Silver Lakes....

The list for Surf is just hidden. Here it is: https://events.gotsport.com/events/collegecoaches.aspx?EventID=54040

Still early in the sign up process but very interesting that some schools have coaches signed up for all three events. It will be interesting where the bulk will end up going. Silverlakes or Surf during the day with November Nights in the evening (and Nomads and Albion also going on in San Diego). With a distance of over 70 miles and holiday traffic they can't really attend both. Waiting on the acceptance lists for Silverlakes and November Nights. Looks like Real's top girls teams are at Surf not Silverlakes.

When we didn't get into Surf last year we played November Nights, I was pleasantly surprised at how many coaches were there. More than I had seen at any tournament not named Surf. With fewer fields and games going on at the same time coaches stayed longer and watched more of our games. It is a solid option if you don't get into Surf.

We played Nomads the prior 2 years and November Nights was much better. And no Thanksgiving night check in!

Something fishy about the Silverlakes list. I talked to a coach on that list yesterday and he told me that his staff is going to Surf/NN. I wonder who signed him up?

Something fishy about the Silverlakes list. I talked to a coach on that list yesterday and he told me that his staff is going to Surf/NN. I wonder who signed him up?

And they have coaches listed for some schools that have long since left i.e. Penn coach that is no longer there.

Possible tangent- what kind of money does a women's college soccer coach make? Do they have scouts or is it usually the coach that goes to these events?
Do the scout and recruit like a football coach would?

LOL - its a joke right?

There are revenue generating sports (i.e., football, basketball), and non-revenue generating sports (i.e., just about everything else, including soccer).

Its not a function of coach salaries but the program budget. You can probably guess without much effort the difference between revenue generating and not..... Yes coaches come to the showcases and they get paid to attend ID camps by the outfit that puts the camp on.

LOL - its a joke right?

There are revenue generating sports (i.e., football, basketball), and non-revenue generating sports (i.e., just about everything else, including soccer).

Its not a function of coach salaries but the program budget. You can probably guess without much effort the difference between revenue generating and not..... Yes coaches come to the showcases and they get paid to attend ID camps by the outfit that puts the camp on.

Ice hockey makes money for some schools. In fact, for some schools it is the biggest money maker.

Coming down from the bay area to the silverlake event, is it true about the coaches from the posts above???
Which part? That some of the coaches on the list aren't at those schools? Or that no coaches are going?

Penn does have a different coach now, so I don't know what that is about. But I'd bet that most of those coaches on that list will be there. I'm not a Legends parent, but they held an ID camp last year that brought in many of those same coaches, so I'm guessing the list is fairly accurate.

Coming down from the bay area to the silverlake event, is it true about the coaches from the posts above???
Ms. Norcal Napp hopefully your players are calling and writing college coaches regardless and letting them know your players will be there. When we were considering this tournament I called a coach who has an interest in one of our players and he confirmed he would be there.

appreciate the responses...i was looking at the three tournaments sites today after i read those earlier posts and it looked like the surf showcase has the most coaches registered, then silver lakes, and November nights has only last years list up (unless i just can't find it). Thanks again!

Both coaches I talked to said they were going to call the tournament, and I guess they did. In fact, only 3 coaches are now registered to attend Silverlakes. Both the ones I talked to are off the list. http://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/collgecoachattending.aspx?eid=323

It's highly suspicious that the tournament would add coaches who didn't commit, but at least they are doing the right thing now.

The tournament does not add coaches - the coaches add themselves through TGS. Who is off the list? BTW, TGS is under maintenance right now so hit the reset button and see if they are off the list.

Back