Silver Lakes College Showcase, Surf College Showcase, November Nights

Silverlake's has a team listing as well as schedules listed already. It shows 7 teams from the pac 12 being represented for coaches. Might have to go check it out if we have nice weather that weekend.

Both coaches I talked to said they were going to call the tournament, and I guess they did. In fact, only 3 coaches are now registered to attend Silverlakes. Both the ones I talked to are off the list. http://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/collgecoachattending.aspx?eid=323

It's highly suspicious that the tournament would add coaches who didn't commit, but at least they are doing the right thing now.
I went to the page and hit the "reset" button and got an updated list that was even more impressive than the initial one. UCLA, USC, ASU, Oregon, Cal, Notre Dame, NC State, Pepperdine, Oregon State, Mizzou, Kansas State, Santa Clara . . . Holy crap. http://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/collgecoachattending.aspx?eid=323

The tournament does not add coaches - the coaches add themselves through TGS. Who is off the list? BTW, TGS is under maintenance right now so hit the reset button and see if they are off the list.

This is 100% not true. Both coaches told me that they were not going to attend, and did not sign up. One hadn't heard of the tournament. Both sounded a little peeved they were listed there.

This is 100% not true. Both coaches told me that they were not going to attend, and did not sign up. One hadn't heard of the tournament. Both sounded a little peeved they were listed there.

But it is 100% true, coaches have TGS accounts and sign up for the tournament - 100% fact. Now, if someone did something shady and made fake accounts, that is different. Name the teams - should not matter to you and will bring credibility to your statement. If this is true then this is a major issue that needs to be addressed.

You are fools if you honestly think coaches are not attending silverlakes

It's very possible to attend all three especially with multiple staff members

Does it make you feel better about yourself to call others fools? Nice job taking some observations by others and turning it into a personal attack. That is the reason why this forum is dead and no one wants to share information.

Obviously it is possible for different coaches from the same school to attend different events. It is also obvious that Silverlakes will attract some great coaches. As will the other events. But don't kid yourself that the same coach will attend different events on the same day with traffic and distances involved. They will wait until the girls write them and the players on their radar will dictate where they go.

I didn't say same day nor did I say same coach.

Coaches already know where players are that they want to see.

Odds are there are players coaches will want to see at both events and will make it work

It seams the more popular tournament is the Surf Cup and that Silver Lakes is trying to be a competitor...and pulling coaches registered then re-posting them looks fishy specially if those coaches didn't know. People coming are expecting their kid to be seen and this ambiguity is not what folks traveling want to hear/read...concerned.

It seams the more popular tournament is the Surf Cup and that Silver Lakes is trying to be a competitor...and pulling coaches registered then re-posting them looks fishy specially if those coaches didn't know. People coming are expecting their kid to be seen and this ambiguity is not what folks traveling want to hear/read...concerned.

Why do you feel the Surf College Cup is more popular? What coaches were pulled and re-posted? Which coaches did not know? If you have a kid and you want them to been seen, make sure you are already in contact with that coach unless you are targeting Div III, JC, etc. Even then you should contact the coach so they come see your kid.

With Surf Thanksgiving, November Nights and Silver Lakes, there are now three college showcases with top level teams in Southern California at the same time. If I am college coach, that sounds like a great excuse for a road trip with the staff to SoCal! I think the addition of Silver Lakes to the weekend will be good for all the SoCal teams and players since even more coaches will be in the area in years to come. Having said that, playing at Surf will still be the best chance to be seen by head coaches from top schools. Most head coaches will want to stay near the beach and send the assistant coaches on the drive inland.

Have you seen the teams at Silver lakes?
Coaches will be there because a lot of talent will be there, period.

Before heading south I just looked at the registrations and there are over 400 at the Surf Showcase and less than 100 at Silverlakes...I agree with the earlier post that I rather be where the coaches are and near the beach. Hope teams were not sold they would be seen more in Norco...ouch!

With Surf Thanksgiving, November Nights and Silver Lakes, there are now three college showcases with top level teams in Southern California at the same time. If I am college coach, that sounds like a great excuse for a road trip with the staff to SoCal! I think the addition of Silver Lakes to the weekend will be good for all the SoCal teams and players since even more coaches will be in the area in years to come. Having said that, playing at Surf will still be the best chance to be seen by head coaches from top schools. Most head coaches will want to stay near the beach and send the assistant coaches on the drive inland.
100% agree with you "outside" paid road trips are the best lol

Before heading south I just looked at the registrations and there are over 400 at the Surf Showcase and less than 100 at Silverlakes...I agree with the earlier post that I rather be where the coaches are and near the beach. Hope teams were not sold they would be seen more in Norco...ouch!

So true Val...but Norco has over 100 Coaches strictly to see girls soccer. Surf College Cup is for both Boys and Girls Soccer...that's why they have over 400 coaches. We have played the last couple of years at the College Cup and numerous Surf Cups, and the fields don't compare. As soon as top Clubs started backing out, Surf Cup changed the format to 45 min halves (I still remember last year playing 30 min). Have you been to the SilverLake fields? I'll take them everyday of the week...being able to park next to the field your team is playing on is priceless. Traffic to Norco is much better, with 2 accessible routes. At the end of the day, if your team has talent and the Coaches are in contact with your team...Coaches will come to see them.

So true Val...but Norco has over 100 Coaches strictly to see girls soccer. Surf College Cup is for both Boys and Girls Soccer...that's why they have over 400 coaches. We have played the last couple of years at the College Cup and numerous Surf Cups, and the fields don't compare. As soon as top Clubs started backing out, Surf Cup changed the format to 45 min halves (I still remember last year playing 30 min). Have you been to the SilverLake fields? I'll take them everyday of the week...being able to park next to the field your team is playing on is priceless. Traffic to Norco is much better, with 2 accessible routes. At the end of the day, if your team has talent and the Coaches are in contact with your team...Coaches will come to see them.
Congrats to your dd

Back