Silver Lakes College Showcase, Surf College Showcase, November Nights

So be honest, your oldest daughter is 11 going 12, there is 1 college coach watching her game. You're not excited? Second/younger daughter is 11/12 and ther is 2 college coaches watching and your not stoked?

Bull shit!

Rookie...Vet...sorry, if you're not stoked that anyone beyond the parents and coaches that have to be there, are watching your DD play. You and I are different people. That's cool too!
Getting on the radar early is huge.

Both you and MAP are DB's because you are not here to give real advice, just to brag and chastise. A parent has pretty much zero control over which showcase his/her kid's team/club go to. There is zero doubt that many D1 coaches were at Norco and many (perhaps more) were at Surf. What's next, that the college teams represented by the coaches are Surf perform better than the college teams represented at Norco?

Also - the obsessive and repetitive reminders about your own DD's. Freaking gag me. Enough already. We know.. both of your daughters are gods gift to soccer and we are blessed to have you in our midst.

'contact schools and coaches' and 'play in well-attended showcases' - that is not advice at this stage. It is just trite.
Wrong, if your DD is a great player. You have absolute total control to which college showcase she attends by having her play for a top team. Top teams play and get into the elite showcases!

Now if your DD is average, I agree you don't have any control and should be happen at any showcase her team gets into.

Don't HATE!

So be honest, your oldest daughter is 11 going 12, there is 1 college coach watching her game. You're not excited? Second/younger daughter is 11/12 and ther is 2 college coaches watching and your not stoked?

Bull shit!

Rookie...Vet...sorry, if you're not stoked that anyone beyond the parents and coaches that have to be there, are watching your DD play. You and I are different people. That's cool too!

Do you have an older DD playing college soccer or currently verbally committed?

If not, how do you know?

I've been through the process and I'm posting I wouldn't be stoked at seeing 2-4 D1 college coaches at U14 aka 8th grade at a college showcase. That many college coaches is par for the course.

Why would 2-4 college coaches get me all excited?

Do you have an older DD playing college soccer or currently verbally committed?

If not, how do you know?

I've been through the process and I'm posting I wouldn't be stoked at seeing 2-4 D1 college coaches at U14 aka 8th grade at a college showcase. That many college coaches is par for the course.

Why would 2-4 college coaches get me all excited?
Ok...enough said

Bull shit!

Cool off and read ssslllooowwwlllyyyy will you. If a parent is going through the recruiting process the 1st time. I would expect ANY parent to get excited.

Getting on the radar early is huge.
Getting on the radar early via a Cal South ODP team, ODP Region IV team and having a huge advantage playing as a HS freshmen in front of 30-40 college coaches as at Interregionals and/or being evaluated at YNT camps is apples and oranges compared to 2-4 college coaches watching some random U14 game at a college showcase.

You didn't answer the question. Is this your first time going through the college recruiting process?
no, since I'm not going thru the process. If I get there then yah..and I know several who this is their second go around and they are as excited for their 2nd DD as they were for their 1st.

Apparently my point has been lost along with the points of my DD being an '04 (or u13), in 6th grade and won't be 12 for another week. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question over and over again.

If the College scouts where lining up for either of your DD's at 11/12 years old, then I congratulate them! You should be very proud of their accomplishments.

no, since I'm not going thru the process. If I get there then yah..and I know several who this is their second go around and they are as excited for their 2nd DD as they were for their 1st.

Apparently my point has been lost along with the points of my DD being an '04 (or u13), in 6th grade and won't be 12 for another week. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question over and over again.

If the College scouts where lining up for either of your DD's at 11/12 years old, then I congratulate them! You should be very proud of their accomplishments.
Why would I assume this is your first time going through the process?

I am posting, if I had a younger DD going through the process and is currently an 8th rader. Keeping it real, why would I get excited for 2-4 college coaches. Now when my DD was U14 and guest played with her coaches U17 team at a college showcase...Dam straight I got excited.

As for parents on your DDs team who are going through it the 2nd time. Is their older DD playing ar a high college level? If not, it could be why they are getting excited for their 2nd kid....seeing 2-4 D1 college coaches at a U14 showcase game.

Well yeah in a couple of years when your DD attends her 1st college showcase and you see your 1st 2-4 D1 college coaches planting their chair taking your team manager's team brochure of course you will get excited. That's only natural.

My DD and her team(s) decided where to play. Thanksgiving was always trying to get into Surf and November Nights was the backup. Nov Nights was the norm and there were lots of scouts at U-17. Without a doubt, never on an ECNL, Vegas was the most well attended by scouts for my kid's teams. With parents playing a big role in the decisions between two teams at u15/16 and u17/19, some 28 girls are either already on college teams or will be next year.

With regards to Thanksgiving, Surf would still be my choice with Silver Lakes/November Nights as backup.

You see, that's what I'm talking about. Rather than argue substance, your first instinct is to degrade my daughter and her club. (of course knowing nothing about either)

What have you added except bragging and mocking?

The subsidy comment is stupid, but no one should be surprised.

Why would I argue with someone that is beneath me. I have hundreds of posts here and thousands on the old forum. My contribution is out there. I don't care about who you are or anything about you or your daughter. Mine will never play with or against her. So honestly you can get butt hurt all you want to. I'm on here for my entertainment and outside of those that ask me directly for help it is more fun for me to smack down peons like you and to rail on Legends because of the almost Branch Davidian way you guys rally around each other. I'm on here to dispell Cali's lies and hype. And on occasion I'm on here to spew lava at a douche bag like you.

We can continue if you want padawan or you can crawl back into your hole and stay out of my way. This is as nice as in going to be. Next time it gets personal.

You see, that's what I'm talking about. Rather than argue substance, your first instinct is to degrade my daughter and her club. (of course knowing nothing about either)

What substance is there to argue? Surf had twice as many scouts, was the first destination for them AND Anson Dorrance (you probably don't know who he is but I have had conversations with him when he was recruiting my daughter. There is your brag) clearly stated what he thought and it was counter to the press release that Caliklines posted.

Look this is the last time I actually give you a somewhat nice response. From here on out it is hellfire.

My DD and her team(s) decided where to play. Thanksgiving was always trying to get into Surf and November Nights was the backup. Nov Nights was the norm and there were lots of scouts at U-17. Without a doubt, never on an ECNL, Vegas was the most well attended by scouts for my kid's teams. With parents playing a big role in the decisions between two teams at u15/16 and u17/19, some 28 girls are either already on college teams or will be next year.

With regards to Thanksgiving, Surf would still be my choice with Silver Lakes/November Nights as backup.

Impressive work by the families, coaches, club and most importantly the girls. More proof that there are many, many paths to ones goals. Thanks for sharing. Very impressive indeed.

The subsidy comment is actually relevant.
Very relevant. With the advent of the DA is anyone really going to look at ECNL? I hope so.
I think what MAP and NG are saying is truth about most things.
You are in fact bank rolling the elites if your daughter is in a B or C team at u14 or above.
It is your job to get your kid on the right team for the right exposure. I know this goes against what coaches and clubs say and believe me the truth hurts but it's a fact.
Both @MakeAPlay and NG are very open about the fact that their daughters were not "A team" until later. Both are also open about the fact that they had to take a very active approach to finding the right fit and team for their girls- I appreciate that

Why would I argue with someone that is beneath me. I have hundreds of posts here and thousands on the old forum. My contribution is out there. I don't care about who you are or anything about you or your daughter. Mine will never play with or against her. So honestly you can get butt hurt all you want to. I'm on here for my entertainment and outside of those that ask me directly for help it is more fun for me to smack down peons like you and to rail on Legends because of the almost Branch Davidian way you guys rally around each other. I'm on here to dispell Cali's lies and hype. And on occasion I'm on here to spew lava at a douche bag like you.

We can continue if you want padawan or you can crawl back into your hole and stay out of my way. This is as nice as in going to be. Next time it gets personal.
Here we go again, can you just shut the hell up? Sea hag. No one gives a shit how many posts you have belittling people who's daughter isn't playing D1, so go FOAD. Have a nice day. C, BTW, how is HRC doing as a civilian?

College coaches don't care about teams. They are evaluating individual players, not teams.

I have heard this over and over again and I agree with a clause that people don't talk about too often.
I think if you have a YNT player then I agree it doesn't matter where they play. If you have a special player it doesn't matter.
If you have what the other 99 percent of us have putting your daughter on a high profile winning team becomes a way to get them showcased.
Let's face it- sometimes just being in the right spot on the right team gets a look.

Impressive work by the families, coaches, club and most importantly the girls. More proof that there are many, many paths to ones goals. Thanks for sharing. Very impressive indeed.
I am not sure about the club part of the equation. For the club part to hold water, look at history, such as what has happened with other teams. If you see that kids are always moving on to play college, then you might be able to say that the club is doing its part. Oddly enough, many girls that played with my DD played at Legends, where many were told that they didn't have what it takes to make it on their A team. I have said it before, but the most notable girl that was shunned by JH will be playing at the Naval Academy next year.

I think that my hat goes off to SC Blues for 2017 girls. Not only will their ECNL team be attending college, but many of the girls on the B team will also be moving on to college! So, all of the big box stores out there, ECNL and dare I include DA, how goes the college commit thing, not just with the A team, but what about your other teams?

I am not sure about the club part of the equation. For the club part to hold water, look at history, such as what has happened with other teams. If you see that kids are always moving on to play college, then you might be able to say that the club is doing its part. Oddly enough, many girls that played with my DD played at Legends, where many were told that they didn't have what it takes to make it on their A team. I have said it before, but the most notable girl that was shunned by JH will be playing at the Naval Academy next year.

I think that my hat goes off to SC Blues for 2017 girls. Not only will their ECNL team be attending college, but many of the girls on the B team will also be moving on to college! So, all of the big box stores out there, ECNL and dare I include DA, how goes the college commit thing, not just with the A team, but what about your other teams?

Glad you brought this up. Surf and Blues put out a consistent product and a B team at those clubs is different than one at another. Coaches see that I think.

Back