Shoulder

NickName

SILVER ELITE
Another question:

At what point does the whistle get blown on the following:

Sorry, I was writing quickly and didn’t really finish my thoughts. I dont believe this is a foul to begin with, just using the clip as a starting point.

At what speed would the player need to bee for a foul be called?
Does an arm raised change the disposition?

There is certainly a level of force where an otherwise fair shoulder challenge becomes a foul. This does start to move toward that line but I agree with the others that does not appear to cross it. I guess it will always be up to the referee on the field to consider the age and skill and decide what is too much.

There is certainly a level of force where an otherwise fair shoulder challenge becomes a foul. This does start to move toward that line but I agree with the others that does not appear to cross it. I guess it will always be up to the referee on the field to consider the age and skill and decide what is too much.

The defender makes about a half-step toward the attacker, indicating that he knows he is there, but he doesn't go completely out of his line to the ball. I have seen more violent positioning when a player is just shielding a ball headed out.

At what point does the whistle get blown on the following:
It's a trick question. The referee is standing on the 35-yard-line, so he's not going to blow the whistle for a PK on a play like is in the video. Would have to be something indisputable: Attacker has the ball, is heading toward goal, has a clear shot, but is fouled.

Starts with the shoulder, finishes with the arm. Without the arm motion, the other player stays upright and the defender can't clear it.

It is a push.

All the screaming parents must mean there is a foul. "Hey" is a sure sign something was wrong!!!!

Seriously though, the referee could help himself by being closer to the play to show he did indeed see it and isn't having it. Won't stop the parents from whining, but will go a long way with the players

Wouldn’t have expected a video clip of a game at a private school near me to be uploaded here :). This is a no call to me because he was holding his ground and it’s not like he wet through the players back with his shoulder the other guy barged into him in a sense.

As for referee assignment in this area, the assignor is a very popular college referee who happens to be a d-bag too. Couldn’t tell if that was him tbh. Most of the center referees he assigns are not fit nor do they get within the area of the ball... classic example of a good ol boys club in that association. Happy I don’t work with him anymore.

Starts with the shoulder, finishes with the arm. Without the arm motion, the other player stays upright and the defender can't clear it.

It is a push.
"Spirit of the Game" = No whistle.
You could say it's trifling (didn't impact the play) and no-call it, or you could be close enough to the play to see the Defender prepared for a shoulder challenge only to have the Attacker not arrive in time and initiating contact from behind (and then a big "sell"). (Which I only note after reviewing it in slo-mo a few times...I wouldn't have noticed it from far away at all.) Notable the Attacker's teammates don't react and just keep on playing.

Back