Separate private divisions for playoffs with soccer

Both the boys D1 SS finalist this year are private schools. Loyola vs Servite loaded with club players, ecnl, and some DA with "waviers". Yes they recruit and offer assistantance to players who won't necessarily go there without that. Some always find a way to game the system and that's going on anyway you slice it.

The ussda ban on public HS soccer is not needed and doesn't help anyone IMO.

Im not sure HS needs to separate public vs private in competition and CIF has like what 7 different levels? and does a quasi pro/rel each year in a attempt to get more balanced comp.

Let's be sure we all understand some clear facts:
*Boys DA does NOT allow High school play for anyone. Private school waivers do not exist on the boys side.
*The Girls side created the waiver when DA was introduced to allow players who wanted to play DA but were already in a private school.

Let's be sure we all understand some clear facts:
*Boys DA does NOT allow High school play for anyone. Private school waivers do not exist on the boys side.
*The Girls side created the waiver when DA was introduced to allow players who wanted to play DA but were already in a private school.

What are you taking about? Who told you that rumor?

Ussda can play HS with a wavier, always been like that:

"Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their club’s Academy roster during the high school soccer season (waivers are not available for middle school). This waiver must be received by the DA office before September 9, 2019, to be considered for the roster exemption.."

"Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their club’s Academy roster during the high school soccer season (waivers are not available for middle school). This waiver must be received by the DA office before September 9, 2019, to be considered for the roster exemption.."

So, I have a player on one of the DI teams in the finals and know for fact there are not DA players on his roster due to DA rule. I also have a very good friend who coaches a high school aged DA team who has had to kick off players for playing high school.

A waiver may exist but it is not used on the boys side.

So, I have a player on one of the DI teams in the finals and know for fact there are not DA players on his roster due to DA rule. I also have a very good friend who coaches a high school aged DA team who has had to kick off players for playing high school.

Is that more facts?

Used all the time every year including this year the D1 finals have such player(s) and it's always been that way.

You're been given fiction. What a certain HS does for players well that's up to coach as always .

Used all the time every year including this year the D1 finals have such players and it's always been that way.

You're been given fiction.
So you know for fact that Servite has DA player(s) using a waiver to play on Saturday @ 4pm?

So you know for fact that Servite has DA player(s) using a waiver to play on Saturday @ 4pm?

Tell you want look at the CIF championship program book & them take at the ussda u16/17/18 rosters for the socal teams and report back how many you see in both.

The boys on both teams know each other some teammates or formers. They don't care it's...and it doesn't matter either way.

I know of one. Their CM is at Pats Academy. Regardless, they are following the rules and therefore there should be no issue with it. If Privates won CIF every year then the point would be valid, however if I remember last year there was a public school named San Clemente that won D1 (2019). Santa Barbara the year before (2018). El Toro the year before that (2017). So with that said 3 of the last 4 years have been public schools. Break them up; that isn't fair.

You went from a general statement to a specific example that, while it may be true, does not disprove the original general statement.
Well, my mistake.

My experience of having 2 players who play for a DI private school and were given the clear choice of DA or HS, no options, was not accurate.

The standard for a "Waiver" at the DA levels was (1) the athlete attended a private school; and (2) was required to play soccer at the school as part of a "reduced tuition" or scholarship or admission.

Under the DA waiver rule, the athlete is required to obtain a statement from the Dean/Principal/Head Dude/Dudette stating that the conditions of receiving a waiver apply to the athlete. For this reason, you will find some private schools that offer reduced tuition to athletes (Mater Dei, Servite, etc.) will have athletes on Waiver. Other private institutions do not seek waivers or refuse to "lie" on the DA form stating that a reduction/scholarship is solely tied to athletic participation and not otherwise "needs based" or "academic."

Here is the Waiver Form: http://www.ussoccerda.com/doclib/HIgh School Waiver.pdf

Bottom line, some private schools take advantage of the Waiver conditions, other do not because of ethics or in-applicability.

The standard for a "Waiver" at the DA levels was (1) the athlete attended a private school; and (2) was required to play soccer at the school as part of a "reduced tuition" or scholarship or admission.

Under the DA waiver rule, the athlete is required to obtain a statement from the Dean/Principal/Head Dude/Dudette stating that the conditions of receiving a waiver apply to the athlete. For this reason, you will find some private schools that offer reduced tuition to athletes (Mater Dei, Servite, etc.) will have athletes on Waiver. Other private institutions do not seek waivers or refuse to "lie" on the DA form stating that a reduction/scholarship is solely tied to athletic participation and not otherwise "needs based" or "academic."

Here is the Waiver Form: http://www.ussoccerda.com/doclib/HIgh School Waiver.pdf

Bottom line, some private schools take advantage of the Waiver conditions, other do not because of ethics or in-applicability.
Great stuff. I tried to apply for my dd first year of HS School so she too could stay with her teammates and play for a DA championship that the Earthquakes unfortunately won that year. I asked the Doc for the paper work and said only private school kids can apply and be allowed waivers. He never drilled down on the requirements, just said, "too bad, looks like if you want your dd to be seen still you can;t play HS Soccer. $3,000 please. I said, "what???" Just like that, my dd was priced out and forced to make a quick decision in Jan 2018. All before the next List and the first Showcase in North Carolina. I told them guys that my dd is 95% going to play HS Soccer and no need for us to go to North Carolina. I was told 100% and under no uncertain terms that if we left for ECNL her dream is over. Like a fart in the wind. I told them guys oh well, have fun in NC. That's how mad I was.

Great stuff. I tried to apply for my dd first year of HS School so she too could stay with her teammates and play for a DA championship that the Earthquakes unfortunately won that year. I asked the Doc for the paper work and said only private school kids can apply and be allowed waivers. He never drilled down on the requirements, just said, "too bad, looks like if you want your dd to be seen still you can;t play HS Soccer. $3,000 please. I said, "what???" Just like that, my dd was priced out and forced to make a quick decision in Jan 2018. All before the next List and the first Showcase in North Carolina. I told them guys that my dd is 95% going to play HS Soccer and no need for us to go to North Carolina. I was told 100% and under no uncertain terms that if we left for ECNL her dream is over. Like a fart in the wind. I told them guys oh well, have fun in NC. That's how mad I was.

Part time (PT) players are another avenue that some use....wavier time has passed so doesn't apply in most cases ..as long as they don't convert to FT. 12 games now so that can be generous

Back