SDSC Surf selected for GA

splain - before you open up the checkbook, you should kick those tires. Free is usually not a thing.
Let me have Chip splain Happy. I was a lot like Chip back in the day with regards to soccer clubs in socal. One of the great wizards of the game once told me that club soccer is like car dealerships. I went kicking tires in 2016 and I got a free car out of it bro. However, I got a free lemon and let me tell you, I kicked the heck out of the tires and gave so many Docs trouble, most dont like me.

Let me have Chip splain Happy. I was a lot like Chip back in the day with regards to soccer clubs in socal. One of the great wizards of the game once told me that club soccer is like car dealerships. I went kicking tires in 2016 and I got a free car out of it bro. However, I got a free lemon and let me tell you, I kicked the heck out of the tires and gave so many Docs trouble, most dont like me.

you should have popped the hood also.

hahaha - not quite. DD has always been playing at the right level and have no problems there. I just have an issue with the marketing garbage that has been going on over the past 4-5 years to make something sound like it is something that it is not and the manipulative and abusive behaviors of coaches and DOC's. It is misleading and harmful to parents and players who don't know the truth
Definitely lots of “puffery” going on. Parents need to realize that dealing with soccer clubs is very similar to stepping on a used car lot and interacting with a high pressure salesperson.

Definitely lots of “puffery” going on. Parents need to realize that dealing with soccer clubs is very similar to stepping on a used car lot and interacting with a high pressure salesperson.
So true. Dre, I was minding my business and then I got hit in the head with da bait. Oh my, talk about high pressure.

you should have popped the hood also.
I popped the hood after I got the freebies bro. Water under da bridge and today is a new day. If you come to socal, I hook you up with a ride unlike any other. This is my pal going by me today. Free rides bro if your nice to me, I promise:)
20210302_102309.jpg

Interesting. I thought maybe one of the reasons SDSC joined Surf was to enhance its chances of getting its girls into ECNL. Apparently that's not the case. The SDSC and Surf partnership makes even less sense.
I'm thinking too close geographically for ECNL, they both fish in the same talent pool. Gives Surf a large affiliation for the empire building and probably helped SDSC get GA to diffuse local recruiting conflicts...just my take.

I'm thinking too close geographically for ECNL, they both fish in the same talent pool. Gives Surf a large affiliation for the empire building and probably helped SDSC get GA to diffuse local recruiting conflicts...just my take.
That doesn’t explain DelMar Sharks which are just as close to Surf. Not to mention The number of ECNL Clubs that train at OC Great Park.

To me, this give Surf access to both GA and ECNL.

That doesn’t explain DelMar Sharks which are just as close to Surf. Not to mention The number of ECNL Clubs that train at OC Great Park.

I agree. They had GDA & ECNL for one year and then traded ECNL for DPL. It's smart business to have your toes in all the doors.

I agree. They had GDA & ECNL for one year and then traded ECNL for DPL. It's smart business to have your toes in all the doors.
It gives SDSC a chance to not keep losing players to Surf. Surf's coaches weren't happy with the business move. You have to remember SD County isn't as big as LA and Orange County so it would further dilute the talent pool by having another ECNL Club in North County. Looks like this deal might hurt SD Force with them only having DPL and being in such proximity to SURF City SC Carlsbad SDSC and Del Mar Sharks. SDSC girls benefit from being able to play on the Surf Select teams that play Surf Cup and other major tournaments. The deal is actually with Surf Cup Sports that's why they are still SDSC Surf. Looks like it benefits both clubs.

I tend to agree with your last point.

As for Del Mar Sharks, I've only heard they are a joke in SD County and their ECNL had nothing to do with being earned and everything to do with Shannon Mac Millan. I have nothing first hand, other than my son & daughters teams in the past have easily handled their ECNL teams...maybe you know more?

As for Del Mar Sharks, I've only heard they are a joke in SD County and their ECNL had nothing to do with being earned and everything to do with Shannon Mac Millan. I have nothing first hand, other than my son & daughters teams in the past have easily handled their ECNL teams...maybe you know more?
Sounds about right

Maybe in the past. But, with DA blown up where do you think SD players from City, Albion, SDSC, Force, etc will end up if they arent asked to Surfs #1 ECNL team?

Maybe in the past. But, with DA blown up where do you think SD players from City, Albion, SDSC, Force, etc will end up if they arent asked to Surfs #1 ECNL team?
I'm sure most City, SD Albion and SDSC Surf will stay with their clubs #1 GA teams. Force, probably to one of the aforementioned. Again, Del Mar ECNL doesn't seem to attract talent... maybe poor coaching and/or management...who knows.

Back