SDSC Surf selected for GA

ECRL isn't even a thing in NorCal.
I guess since the #3 rated club in the US is in the GA we could argue the following for NorCal:
1 - GA
2 - ECNL
3 - NPL

Who is #3 club in the country?
solar-11.png
Solar SC
tophat.png
Tophat
fc-bay-area.jpg
FC Bay Area
surf-soccer.jpg
San Diego Surf
LegendsFC.png
Legends FC
So_Cal_Blues_Soccer_Club.png
So Cal Blues
real-colorado-e1613685388905.jpg
Real Colorado
FCDallas.jpg
FC Dallas Youth
beach-fc.png
Beach Futbol Club
lafc-slammers.png
LAFC Slammers

solar-11.png
Solar SC
tophat.png
Tophat
fc-bay-area.jpg
FC Bay Area
surf-soccer.jpg
San Diego Surf
LegendsFC.png
Legends FC
So_Cal_Blues_Soccer_Club.png
So Cal Blues
real-colorado-e1613685388905.jpg
Real Colorado
FCDallas.jpg
FC Dallas Youth
beach-fc.png
Beach Futbol Club
lafc-slammers.png
LAFC Slammers
No way FC Bay Area is #3. Plus, Surf was voted #1 club in the country last year. Here is mine based on my experience.

#1 SD Surf
#2 Solar
#3 So Cal Blues
#4 LAFC
#5 Legends
#6 MLVA
#7 Some other Texas team
#8 Michigan Hawks
#9 Real Colorodo
#10 Strikers FC
#10 Beach FC

Last edited:
Ya, I'm just throwing the argument out there. LOL

One NorCal club on your list...how sad is that. Seems like NorCal used to have more highly rated clubs...what happened? Some have argued to me that NorCal Premier allowing so many clubs in has diluted the talent pool. I think that might be part of it...

Ya, I'm just throwing the argument out there. LOL

One NorCal club on your list...how sad is that. Seems like NorCal used to have more highly rated clubs...what happened? Some have argued to me that NorCal Premier allowing so many clubs in has diluted the talent pool. I think that might be part of it...
I say Nocal should have two teams but it got diluted. The Force were top before GDA diluted the talent pool.

Who has actually seen enough of these teams play to make a blanket assessment? WCFC (GA) beat Tophat”B” team 5-1. Same WCFC team beat an LA based ECNL team in a scrimmage. I’m just saying that a lot of these lists are based on conjecture, bias, reputation and not actual head to head competition because there hasn’t been any.

Who has actually seen enough of these teams play to make a blanket assessment? WCFC (GA) beat Tophat”B” team 5-1. Same WCFC team beat an LA based ECNL team in a scrimmage. I’m just saying that a lot of these lists are based on conjecture, bias, reputation and not actual head to head competition because there hasn’t been any.
I have bro. I traveled all over the country and watched with me eyes. My eyes do not lie. Surf right now is #1. 2021/2022 ECNL is where you want to be. The Southwest Conference 03/04 will be so dam competitive you will be jealous and full of envy being on the outside bro, trust me :) This will be pure ganas every weekend, especially with the additions on Legends FC and Beach FC, it will be insane. Plus, I heard a rumor on the grape vine that if some clubs under perform this season, they might get bumped down to ECRL and then maybe SW adds two more like a WC?

At least we are back to arguing this again - which is a good thing.

I suppose the best league is the one where you and your player like your coach, your player thrives, develops, and has fun. If college play is an aspiration, has a pathway that is feasible.

There will be room for both leagues - there are plenty of families with disposable income and plenty of players that are good enough to move on to the next level. There are 100s of schools, NAIA-D1, that will attend both league's showcases (virtual and/or in person). The GA and ECNL are pathways, both are connected to assist in getting your player to the next level. Both will provide YNT players. Who is the best? That will be hotly debated. Maybe the insinuations by ECNL and GA leadership of intra league play come to fruition over the next few seasons. Only then can anyone claim to be the "best" and then only temporarily.

CA doesn't need to be in either league, you can be your own league and thrive. The GA and ECNL could stitch together the rest of the country to provide "top" competition for those that can pay.

But, we will debate who is the better league, which is not a bad thing. Once we get more league play and maybe an occasional intra league game at a Surf or similar large showcase, we can debate which teams/age groups are better.

I have bro. I traveled all over the country and watched with me eyes. My eyes do not lie. Surf right now is #1. 2021/2022 ECNL is where you want to be. The Southwest Conference 03/04 will be so dam competitive you will be jealous and full of envy being on the outside bro, trust me :) This will be pure ganas every weekend, especially with the additions on Legends FC and Beach FC, it will be insane. Plus, I heard a rumor on the grape vine that if some clubs under perform this season, they might get bumped down to ECRL and then maybe SW adds two more like a WC?
Utah Celtic is a pretty strong club that has age groups that can compete at the highest levels. You should check them out. Great coaching staff. They pull in the best talent in Utah without ever having been in a cool alphabet league - now they are GA, so we will see what happens with them.

I'm thinking the ECNL SW conference will be competitive from teams 1-5, the remaining 30 teams or so will be average at best (see how I did that?). But, those 30 teams will still get players to play at the next level.

Much has and has not happened in SoCal over the past 12 months. Limited training, minimal game play, physical growth spurts, psychological let downs, Surf's quest for national domination, Cal South breaking into pieces while ECNL & GA are picking up the DA pieces...to name a few.

The SoCal youth soccer landscape has been on the move and very fluid, and will continue as such. There are many variables and unknowns at this time and to think there is currently a clear hierarchy lacks awareness and is foolhardy.

Much has and has not happened in SoCal over the past 12 months. Limited training, minimal game play, physical growth spurts, psychological let downs, Surf's quest for national domination, Cal South breaking into pieces while ECNL & GA are picking up the DA pieces...to name a few.

The SoCal youth soccer landscape has been on the move and very fluid, and will continue as such. There are many variables and unknowns at this time and to think there is currently a clear hierarchy lacks awareness and is foolhardy.

You can't spin the facts.

Back