Schools or Bars/Restaurants - one or the other

dad4

PREMIER

King Newsom’s jester has spoken. Open up the schools!
That jester funded the research for the vaccine that we all are hoping for.

Long live the jester.

No, we're not what our record says because it's been proven, time and time again, the recordings of cases are misleading if not grotesquely inaccurate.

Nobody that voted for Trump regrets it. He did exactly what he said he'd do. What we regret is liberals being SO incapable of accepting the first loss, in the midst of facing a 2nd, is that they would sell out their own country to get rid of him. Then they'll wonder why a re-election happened.

There was no Russian influence on the election. And whatever the Russians DID do, it wasn't nearly as disgraceful as what our own media is doing. That said, we intervene in Russia's processes as well as others. Can't really bitch about something we do ourselves.

The Covid response has been dismal everywhere. Nobody got it right yet, did they?
Do you realize that your the White version of a hoodrat? Always the victim, it’s never your fault or Trump’s fault, blaming others for your predicament, never taking responsibility for your own actions, it’s never Trump’s responsibility, always finding an excuse for Trump.

King Newsom’s jester has spoken. Open up the schools!
“I’m a big believer that for young children, the benefits in almost every location - particularly if you can protect the teachers as well - the benefits outweigh the costs.”

“As you get up to age, like, 13 and higher, then you have to look at your locale to decide what you’ll do with high schools.”

I win again.

Grace T.

PREMIER
Wrong question. You meant to ask what is the size of an aerosol water droplet. The virus doesn't live long or travel far without one.

Stop trying to be smarter than the infectious disease experts on this. Just buy a mask and wear it. Worst case, you wasted $5.
There’s actually been some debate at the Who on this. If aerosolizes it’s not necessarily water droplet transmitted. Also all masks aren’t equal. The surgical and cloth masks do a poor job. Some European countries like spain don’t allow cloth and bandanas. And the Dutch despite their resurgence have decided against a face mask mandate on the grounds the science is mixed.

It’s also clear it’s not working very well on a macro level. Masks have not been enough to halt outbreaks in Hong Kong, Japan and the Philippines (or even la). They might help but we don’t know because the studies have been limited (though there is a bunch of flu studies saying most of them don’t work that well).

Don’t get me wrong. I think (like hdq) unless it’s proven it doesn’t work we should. But I do wish our mask policy was a little more sane...saw a guy in the empty park yesterday walking in it...that’s just ridiculous

Lastly there’s a great scene in the crown when queen elizabeth asks a doctor about masks and if they help with the coal. The doctor says they don’t help much...the govt just makes everyone feel better that they are doing something. There’s some of that going on too

There’s actually been some debate at the Who on this. If aerosolizes it’s not necessarily water droplet transmitted. Also all masks aren’t equal. The surgical and cloth masks do a poor job. Some European countries like spain don’t allow cloth and bandanas. And the Dutch despite their resurgence have decided against a face mask mandate on the grounds the science is mixed.

It’s also clear it’s not working very well on a macro level. Masks have not been enough to halt outbreaks in Hong Kong, Japan and the Philippines (or even la). They might help but we don’t know because the studies have been limited (though there is a bunch of flu studies saying most of them don’t work that well).

Don’t get me wrong. I think (like hdq) unless it’s proven it doesn’t work we should. But I do wish our mask policy was a little more sane...saw a guy in the empty park yesterday walking in it...that’s just ridiculous

Lastly there’s a great scene in the crown when queen elizabeth asks a doctor about masks and if they help with the coal. The doctor says they don’t help much...the govt just makes everyone feel better that they are doing something. There’s some of that going on too
Why not spend a couple of more pennies (i.e. v. Trillions we’ve spent and are going to spend) and get everybody N95 masks? That is such a no brainer!

Why not put a little video together to illustrate how Covid travels and how it’s all about viral load and that’s why being inside, for prolonged periods of time, with poor ventilation/circulation, is the big problem. This is another no brainer to me.

I really think people would wear masks if they knew they only needed it for certain particular situations.

The Covid task force has done a very poor job of giving people the big picture and explaining it in simple terms. It’s not that difficult.

Grace T.

PREMIER
Honestly-- what does it hurt? Like really? Do you feel personally put off by some rando walking alone with a mask on? Who cares? The guy is making an effort. Let's be a little more positive.
No he’s caving into hysteria. It might make him feel better but it’s not really doing anything for him or anyone else.
Why not spend a couple of more pennies (i.e. v. Trillions we’ve spent and are going to spend) and get everybody N95 masks? That is such a no brainer!
I agree. But I also think the governors created the push back by overreaching. If they had limited it to indoors or crowds (like protests) they’d have had much more of a buyin. They really overreached with the beaches and anytime you leave the house. Plus it doesn’t help the leadership (trump, fauci, Nader) have behaved so badly with the masks.

notintheface

SILVER ELITE
No he’s caving into hysteria. It might make him feel better but it’s not really doing anything for him or anyone else.
LET HIM DO HIS FUCKING THING. Jesus Christ, Karen, if someone wants to wear a mask inside their car wearing gloves and a full fucking spacesuit, it isn't your fucking business. What was that about personal freedoms etc? The guy is making an effort to help the community and the last thing we should do is poke fun.

I agree. But I also think the governors created the push back by overreaching. If they had limited it to indoors or crowds (like protests) they’d have had much more of a buyin. They really overreached with the beaches and anytime you leave the house. Plus it doesn’t help the leadership (trump, fauci, Nader) have behaved so badly with the masks.
Yep, you’re right on. When they first came out with the whole beach ban it didn’t make sense to me. I’ve been going to the beach my whole life and other than 4th of July, there is plenty of space at the beach to distance. Plus, you have the ocean breeze.

EOTL

GOLD
Texas and Florida appear to be turning the corner as well

View attachment 8327
FYI, Florida and Texas have not turned the corner. Really strange how cases keep going down yet deaths keep increasing exponentially. It’s almost like someone asked states to test less so there “would be fewer cases”.

56083424-F4EF-435E-981E-0F2788FE6BE6.jpegC69CBA88-B51F-4706-99BF-F89CD8E4CBEA.jpeg

dad4

PREMIER

Why masks?

Can you name any mask mandate country in the world that has truly awful new daily cases per capita? Anywhere in the world with masks that has even one half as many new daily cases per capita as we have.

There isn't one. When you say "Country Z uses masks and they had a spike", remember that their spike is considerably better than our best day.

I believe early in the pandemic the data indicated that deaths trailed cases by about 2 weeks. If cases peaked a week ago, we should expect the deaths to peak in a week.

What is the "lie"? Are you saying you don't believe what they are reporting that cases and hospitalizations are starting to drop?

EOTL

GOLD
I believe early in the pandemic the data indicated that deaths trailed cases by about 2 weeks. If cases peaked a week ago, we should expect the deaths to peak in a week.

What is the "lie"? Are you saying you don't believe what they are reporting that cases and hospitalizations are starting to drop?
Read my initial post.

LET HIM DO HIS FUCKING THING. Jesus Christ, Karen, if someone wants to wear a mask inside their car wearing gloves and a full fucking spacesuit, it isn't your fucking business. What was that about personal freedoms etc? The guy is making an effort to help the community and the last thing we should do is poke fun.
This. Who cares? Why are we so obsessed with what others do? Assuming there is no harm, of course. If you don't want to wear a mask-fine, don't. That's your right. But if someone else feels better wearing one, (for all you know they could be immunocompromised!) why does it chap anyone elses ass?

Grace T.

PREMIER
This. Who cares? Why are we so obsessed with what others do? Assuming there is no harm, of course. If you don't want to wear a mask-fine, don't. That's your right. But if someone else feels better wearing one, (for all you know they could be immunocompromised!) why does it chap anyone elses ass?
Part of the mess we are in is because too many people are focused on feelings instead of rational thought. If he wants to wear a mask in an empty park sure let him do it. If it makes him feel any better alright (he can also carry his teddy for all I care). But it doesn’t make it any less stupid and he’s just part of the uncontrolled hysteria on this. And when he eyeballs me angrily for not wearing a mask in the same empty park, then we have a problem.

MSK357

GOLD
Of course that was a big fuck up. I never followed the specifics of that situation, but it looks as though Cuomo made a weak attempt to own it, BUT he didn’t own it.

And although things may have been different if there had been a plan, direction, or leadership from the top, that one seems it should have come down to common sense. Not sure what Cuomo has given as a reason. But regardless of his reasoning it was the wrong decision.

Your turn.
I was talking about newsom but yea, cuomo did it to. These democrats are just incompetent leaders or evil sabotagers driving up deaths on purpose. Who with a brain would think putting covid patients with an infectious virus in a nursing home is a good idea?

Your turn.