SCDSL Splitting Off from Cal South

Found the person who keeps getting scheduled at Galway Downs!
Haha. Yup I’m one of the lucky ones. Last year Had the pleasure of visiting Lancaster, Coachella, Galway and San Bernardino ! Irvine Great Park and Silverlakes as well, which Those two were the worst of all, lol

No. State cup isn’t limited to only SCDSL teams. All teams can enter to play barring they can meet the play dates. And the Nor Cal/So Cal portion will alternate every other year. One year down here, one year up there and so on.
Even though SoCal has many more teams than NorCal. SoCal should act as it's own state. We have the population density. We should not have to travel out of the area.

Even though SoCal has many more teams than NorCal. SoCal should act as it's own state. We have the population density. We should not have to travel out of the area.
That's why we have (had?) a Cal-South and a Cal-North. Large state. Large population.

We still will have two big divisions in NorCal and SoCal (SCDSL). You also have to remember that previously everyone jumped into State Cup and played their three games. Most with a huge amount of travel (eg Lancaster). After one weekend, and only three games, most were out and enjoyed their sweatshirt for the next year.

From what I understand (correct me if I am wrong), in the new system you first have a Regional Cup. Some portion of those teams advance to the State Cup. Part of that is local to your half of the state and the final part is against the other half. So, people in SoCal first fight it out and then advance to face off with NorCal. After that the winners advance into National Cup.

So, yes, there is still a chance of having to travel quite a bit, but only if your team is good enough to advance that far. Most teams will drop out during the REgional Cup phase, but even then will have seeded matchups, competitive games, and FIVE games instead of three.

We still will have two big divisions in NorCal and SoCal (SCDSL). You also have to remember that previously everyone jumped into State Cup and played their three games. Most with a huge amount of travel (eg Lancaster). After one weekend, and only three games, most were out and enjoyed their sweatshirt for the next year.

From what I understand (correct me if I am wrong), in the new system you first have a Regional Cup. Some portion of those teams advance to the State Cup. Part of that is local to your half of the state and the final part is against the other half. So, people in SoCal first fight it out and then advance to face off with NorCal. After that the winners advance into National Cup.

So, yes, there is still a chance of having to travel quite a bit, but only if your team is good enough to advance that far. Most teams will drop out during the REgional Cup phase, but even then will have seeded matchups, competitive games, and FIVE games instead of three.
As long as they hold these new state cup competitions before everyone starts their December tryouts. Or this new format forces clubs to wait to hold their tryouts until a more reasonable time frame.

We are the Mecca Outside. Stop ignoring me bro. Were all one big family of Americans bro :)

If anyone is in the market to set up a soccer governing body, mandating 10-mile-max radius for Flight 3 league games, 20-mile-max for Flight 2, and 50-mile-max for Flight 1 would be an extremely popular Powerpoint slide, if you know what I'm saying.

As long as they hold these new state cup competitions before everyone starts their December tryouts. Or this new format forces clubs to wait to hold their tryouts until a more reasonable time frame.

I would say the opposite. Hopefully the fact that there will now be a fall, winter, and spring season with State Cup after that, clubs will finally wise up and do tryouts at the END of a season. Always seemed really stupid to do tryouts in December, take a break, then return with some kids already leaving for their new teams, couple of new kids added, and then play for the State Cup. What?!

I would say the opposite. Hopefully the fact that there will now be a fall, winter, and spring season with State Cup after that, clubs will finally wise up and do tryouts at the END of a season. Always seemed really stupid to do tryouts in December, take a break, then return with some kids already leaving for their new teams, couple of new kids added, and then play for the State Cup. What?!
Yes, You are saying what I meant to say. I should have taken out the word "December" and just said tryouts.

It’s just the top 2 teams traveling (every other year) so basically after you beat all the so cal teams. Considering I had to go to Coachella AND Lancaster last year for GROUP PLAY ! I’d have no problem going to Davis or Dublin for the semi finals after winning what would be 8 or 11 games here at Silverlakes, Great Park, or Oceanside.

It’s just the top 2 teams traveling (every other year) so basically after you beat all the so cal teams. Considering I had to go to Coachella AND Lancaster last year for GROUP PLAY ! I’d have no problem going to Davis or Dublin for the semi finals after winning what would be 8 or 11 games here at Silverlakes, Great Park, or Oceanside.
My prediction (provided this setup lasts more than two years before someone churns the pot). SoCal teams will win a decisive majority of the "State" championships, yet still be forced to travel out of the area 50% of the time.

My prediction (provided this setup lasts more than two years before someone churns the pot). SoCal teams will win a decisive majority of the "State" championships, yet still be forced to travel out of the area 50% of the time.
The second isn’t much of a prediction. The agreement states that norcal and socal would trade off who gets to host.

But, yes, state cup just got a lot harder to win for norcal teams.

I hope this new set up makes state cup something that players and parents get excited about. Under the current set up, many teams have half of their players with one foot out the door because they attended a tryout in December.

If your right which you likely are it’s still good for SoCal teams cause now we get to take the NorCal spots into the regional/national events since they gotta go through SoCal to move on.

I hope this new set up makes state cup something that players and parents get excited about. Under the current set up, many teams have half of their players with one foot out the door because they attended a tryout in December.
Part of playing SC games in Fall and continuing into winter i think helps float that December gap and keeps players/teams engaged longer than now.

I doubt it. Almost nothing is club soccer is "what is best for the players".
SCDSL already set aside and budgeted a minimum of $1.7 Million just for State cup. All geared toward enhancing the player experience. So hopefully that helps improve the status quo of what’s being done now by CS.

SCDSL already set aside and budgeted a minimum of $1.7 Million just for State cup. All geared toward enhancing the player experience. So hopefully that helps improve the status quo of what’s being done now by CS.
You mean $1.7m that will come in form of fees for clubs. I heard our fees will go up but it’s because now it’s a year long season. My wife did ask me when are the kids going to be able to play another sport. She has a valid point.

You mean $1.7m that will come in form of fees for clubs. I heard our fees will go up but it’s because now it’s a year long season. My wife did ask me when are the kids going to be able to play another sport. She has a valid point.
Well...if they are going to play “club level” in another sport, you’re in for a financial awakening.

Back