SCDSL - Schedule and Rules Updates?

Recognize that every older kid in their league that has hopes of playing in college will be sitting out if HS starts before Thanksgiving so that they can play in the showcases over Thanksgiving.
Perhaps, but less than half of this year's Europa teams even played in a Thanksgiving showcase last year.

Need a new poll, before or after Aug 30rd? Sept 8 is the start of season
before-or-after-options-on-the-chalkboard-E9XRF8.jpg

Let's just start calling SCDSL and apply pressure. I know that they say that takes up more of their time...but who cares at this point, right?

Let's just start calling SCDSL and apply pressure. I know that they say that takes up more of their time...but who cares at this point, right?

Does it really matter to get all up in arms at the end of the day? Season starts on September 8 ... my calendar says I'm with my family (son, daughter, wife) at a soccer game between the hours of 7am to 5pm. Yes, it would be nice to have a time range, but if there is a conflict two weeks from now, I'll manage it.

Unfortunately cities and school districts don't care about the deadlines set by soccer leagues (and upset parents who want to plan their Saturdays) and often wait until September/Labor Day to confirm field allotments for the fall. They are sorting out all the requests and trying to make everyone happy while not working very hard at it, rewarding their friends and punishing those who don't check off every bureaucratic box they can think of.

If you have ever had to jump through hoops with a government organization to get fields you understand that punching yourself in the face is more fun.

Does it really matter to get all up in arms at the end of the day? Season starts on September 8 ... my calendar says I'm with my family (son, daughter, wife) at a soccer game between the hours of 7am to 5pm. Yes, it would be nice to have a time range, but if there is a conflict two weeks from now, I'll manage it.

Some of us dont have all day open: When you have 3 kids and there going in 3 different directions and have to work some weekends where you need 2 weeks notice to change schedules not so simple. With friends & teammates helping out we do sort of manage but the more advance notice the better for us.

Some of us dont have all day open: When you have 3 kids and there going in 3 different directions and have to work some weekends where you need 2 weeks notice to change schedules not so simple. With friends & teammates helping out we do sort of manage but the more advance notice the better for us.

Why don't you ask your DOC for the schedule?

Yeah, it matters. I have to schedule an event for 10 non-club soccer families that same day...so now they're all waiting on me.

Yeah, it matters. I have to schedule an event for 10 non-club soccer families that same day...so now they're all waiting on me.

If soccer is more important than this event then perhaps you should opt out and stop making them wait on you.

If this event is more important than soccer then schedule it and work around the soccer.

If soccer is more important than this event then perhaps you should opt out and stop making them wait on you.

If this event is more important than soccer then schedule it and work around the soccer.

NOTHING is more important than soccer. Soccer first. Family second. :eek:

But I'm glad my kid plays in that watered-down CSL. Playing in Flight-IIIII has its advantages. Such as the schedule being posted.....;)

But I'm glad my kid plays in that watered-down CSL. Playing in Flight-IIIII has its advantages. Such as the schedule being posted.....;)

Is that the "Discovery" FLT IIIII ? Lucky !
My younger's watered down PSL Academy-Discovery flight IV got there schedule last week.

My understanding was that there were teams leaving CSL and Presidio to move to SCDSL at the last minute. Thus the holdup.

So many Sunday games.
I don’t mind playing on a Sunday if we play on Saturday too and they need to use Sunday to squeeze in enough games.
Did a bunch of clubs lose a lot of fields this year?

Back