SCDSL loses Silverlakes Norco...

I heard a rumor that Legends is building a "school" for their older academy program at Silver Lakes. I have no clue how true this is or if it is related but would be curious if anyone else have heard these rumors?
Heard the same about Surf 3 years ago....nothing has happened. As for Legends, I don’t think they could do that at SilverLakes based on some legal matters with the land grant, but I could be wrong.

Irvine Great Park should start hosting some of these major tournaments. They have enough fields and the area is in a great location to keep families entertained for a weekend.

I would much rather go to Great Park (85 miles) than Silverlakes (101 miles) from my house in San Diego. More hotel, restaurant, shopping and entertainment options in the Great Park area. Not to mention there is a good concert venue in the Great Park with top performers. No howling wind at Great Park. Both places get hot in the summer, but Silverlakes gets stupid hot.

I would much rather go to Great Park (85 miles) than Silverlakes (101 miles) from my house in San Diego. More hotel, restaurant, shopping and entertainment options in the Great Park area. Not to mention there is a good concert venue in the Great Park with top performers. No howling wind at Great Park. Both places get hot in the summer, but Silverlakes gets stupid hot.
But Norco is "Horsetown USA".

Sounds like everyone should go back to CSL and not spread the talent in two leagues. SCDSL has not lived up to its original business plan.

CSLs platform hasnt changed that much in all these years. It is run by a business and not certain clubs. Way too many options which has deluted the teams.

Yeah but they serve booze there.

They don’t even serve adult beverages at most college football and basketball stadiums/arenas.

Why do we need drinks to watch kids sports?

They don’t even serve adult beverages at most college football and basketball stadiums/arenas.

Because mixing crazy soccer parents and alcohol makes so much sense.

I’m actually surprised that the sanctioning bodies (us soccer, us Youth soccer, cal-south, scdsl, etc) don’t have a rule against serving alcohol at events.

I’m actually surprised that the sanctioning bodies (us soccer, us Youth soccer, cal-south, scdsl, etc) don’t have a rule against serving alcohol at events.
Like anything in life "moderation in all things is the best policy". I've seen unruly sidelines at other locations completely sober take things past an acceptable line. I don't mind if they serve there, nor have I had an issues
with sidelines while they have.

College sports does allow for tailgating and I have seen some individuals that should have not been admitted after the tailgate.

Last edited:
Like anything in life "moderation in all things is the best policy". I've seen unruly sidelines at other locations completely sober take things past an acceptable line. I don't mind if they serve there, nor have I had an issues
with sidelines while they have.

College sports does allow for tailgating and I have seen some individuals that should have not been admitted after the tailgate.
I agree that there are plenty of parents that do not need alcohol to be assholes, but it sure seems like I have seen more unruly sidelines at Norco than most fields. It still seems a bit odd to serve alcohol at a complex that most people drive a long way to get to.

I agree that there are plenty of parents that do not need alcohol to be assholes, but it sure seems like I have seen more unruly sidelines at Norco than most fields. It still seems a bit odd to serve alcohol at a complex that most people drive a long way to get to.
They do it because its a private facility and its a way to generate more revenue which is obvious to us all. They also use SL as a multi-purpose facility (concerts, weddings, horse shows, etc) and having a license to sell allows them to be profitable. One would have to think they want this to be more than just a soccer facility. Therefore having a restaurant and bar. I've spent up 12 hours there and I have to admit grabbing a beer in between games was a nice relief. Though I am not supporting that ding dong who has to many and is an arse later in the day. They can do that at home in front of their own TV.

Last edited:
A lot of youth baseball complexes in so cal have full bars and you can buy a strong ipa by the pitcher. Which to me is a must. It's a much slower game to sit thru with nowhere to put your Tommy Bahama umbrella

A lot of youth baseball complexes in so cal have full bars and you can buy a strong ipa by the pitcher. Which to me is a must. It's a much slower game to sit thru with nowhere to put your Tommy Bahama umbrella
Field Of Dreams in all their sites have them.

Haven’t seen or heard of any problems whatsoever. It was cool to have Discovery games there during the Fall so you can watch the football games while you wait. You can easily have 2-3 beers in the hour before your game and be sober 2 1/2 - 3 hours later after your game.

Back