SCDSL Announcement

Glad they made an announcement.
What is the reason for the long break from November 23-January 17th? I could see taking off the weekend of Thanksgiving and from December 23-January 4th for the holiday.

Didn't receive it but seen it posted several times now. Mentioned this yesterday in the other thread.

If anything else at least the leagues & CS are trying to plan around things in the event things open up. How realistic the placeholder scheduling might be is another topic but good to plan even if it's optimistic and having a plan b or whatever is good in these times.

The spring is going to be packed with planned HS soccer starting practice in Feb, league games through May playoffs until June.

This is a curious statement since the CIF announcement is already affecting club soccer and CS and the leagues are making adjustments according:

it's ambitious to say the least. Even though I do believe we all will be able to start training, there will be no games until Winter/Spring

It looks like the leagues will change their schedules to accommodate the new CIF Spring schedule. This will cut down on the overuse injuries from overlapping schedules.

What is the reason for the long break from November 23-January 17th? I could see taking off the weekend of Thanksgiving and from December 23-January 4th for the holiday.
Club tournaments, cannot cut into members tournaments.

Club tournaments, cannot cut into members tournaments.

Whether SCDSL is going to start or not will come down to field permits, which right now is very hard thing to come by.

What going to change the field situation in October if school districts still stay online. I doubt schools open until after the Christmas breaks. If we are lucky.

Back