San Diego Section closing week Boys D-I

Can anyone weigh in on why high school games start at 5? And yet Bball are all 7? 5 is a challenge for parents who work and for any high school friends who might have their own practices. Is there a good reason I’m missing why choose at 5pm start time?

Thank goodness HS soccer is over for us this year.
Some of the worst playing AND coaching ever bestowed on the
beautiful game.

Can anyone weigh in on why high school games start at 5? And yet Bball are all 7? 5 is a challenge for parents who work and for any high school friends who might have their own practices. Is there a good reason I’m missing why choose at 5pm start time?

I think there may be some fields that don't have lights.

Transportation, school attendance, field availability.

Some teams leave at 1pm for that 5pm game since away playoffs games can be 1.5-2hrs away depending on the section your with. Maybe SD is not spead out as much as LA county is. The other thing is school until 3pm+ would have to miss more if games where early. On the weekends think field availability & referees come into play also.

3 out of the 4 finalist schools are all on the same street - within 2.5 miles of each other (CCA, TPHS, CCHS)
imagine the combined team these schools could produce

Brutal Open division semi's tonight. Torrey defeats CCA in PK's, Del Norte defeats Cathedral in golden goal in OT. Finals Friday 2/28 TP vs Del Norte at Mission Bay HS 7pm, state play in game CCA vs. Cathedral.

Agree. I’ve caught a game here and there and it’s just god awful soccer. Even the top ranked teams it’s just bang it forward and create chaos. Just terrible.
In addition to the ugly soccer played, the playoff games I saw had ref crews on the lower end of the skill level for HS soccer. It is a good thing that a certain player at a certain high school is graduating this year. There are some players that would be looking for payback if they saw him on the field next year.

Back