San Diego HS 2018-2019

San Diego Section is being so secretive about the Power Rankings today that the pages aren't even listed on their website anymore, neither boys nor girls. All the playoff brackets should be announced by the end of the day today.

Here are the San Diego Boys and Girls open divisions. For the other divisions just follow the link, select Sports, Winter Sports, Boys or Girls Soccer, then the division from the left of the screen. http://www.cifsds.org/

Here are the San Diego Boys and Girls open divisions. For the other divisions just follow the link, select Sports, Winter Sports, Boys or Girls Soccer, then the division from the left of the screen. http://www.cifsds.org/

Torrey Pines and La Costa Canyon boys have played to 2 ties this year. Will there be a third?

I erred when I said last week that Calexico boys might get a home game because they were League Champions even if they had to play against a higher-seeded team. They finished behind El Centro Southwest High, who were undefeated (9-0-3) in Imperial Valley League.

I erred when I said last week that Calexico boys might get a home game because they were League Champions even if they had to play against a higher-seeded team. They finished behind El Centro Southwest High, who were undefeated (9-0-3) in Imperial Valley League.

However, over in Div IV, #7 seed San Diego Jewish Academy has to travel to #10 Vincent Memorial in Calexico because VM is Manzanita League Champion

However, over in Div IV, #7 seed San Diego Jewish Academy has to travel to #10 Vincent Memorial in Calexico because VM is Manzanita League Champion

The SDJA field is the best grass field in San Diego County. Too bad they couldn't play there.

TP vs LCC OT went to PK's with Torrey getting the win 5-4. Other open division winners, Point Loma over CCA, Saints over Coronado and Scripps Ranch over Cathedral, think that one went to PK's as well. TP plays Scripps and Pt. Loma vs. Saints next Tuesday

Playoff upsets, San Diego Section boys --

Open -- #7 Point Loma 3-2 #2 Canyon Crest
D II -- #10 Preuss 3-2 #7 Otay Ranch
D III -- #10 West Hills 1-0 #7 Vista
D V -- #11 Madison 1-0 #6 Liberty Charter

Could be more - many scores are not yet reported.

Poway beats Del Norte in OT

I tried to embed the video of the winning goal but apparently it's a violation of some Facebook protection.

Anyway - play by play -- Poway has free kick just outside the Del Norte PA, after a couple of bounces off players the DN keeper bats a shot away, but it goes right to the head of a Poway player, who heads it in to keeper's left.

Correction - it was a throwin from Poway's left side that started the sequence, which explains why everyone was crowded into the box at the beginning.

Correction - it was a throwin from Poway's left side that started the sequence, which explains why everyone was crowded into the box at the beginning.
A throw in from Poway? No way!! That never happens... My boy gonna have to coach next year with him leaving. :)

All the San Diego Section results are up on the website.final in OT.

Poway and Westview played 3 times this year - twice in Palomar League and once in D1 final. Both teams won the first game (Westview scored more goals but then had to forfeit), Poway won the second game, and Westview won the final in OT.

Back