Salty Parents Everywhere!

I know few parents that are salty because their kids don't develop into the players they thought they could be. Rather that their kids get treated like crap along the way. Most of us want their kids to learn to compete, be part of a team, stay in shape, make some friends, and have fun.

Improving skills and becoming a better player keep them interested. Most of us just want our kids to learn and be treated with some respect along the way.

Welcome out of the shadows. Salty or not, good to have a new contributor.
It must suck to have hopes for your kid that don't happen. What a dumba$$ like you doesn't realize is that the kids need to be the one that wants it. It can't be your dream dummy!!!

Art

SILVER ELITE
Whoever posted it was probably threatened with a lawsuit or otherwise "persuaded" to take it down.
...such salty people....thats what I thought, but they cant due to the first amendment, and this isnt defamation either, its showing how big of a dick the coach was and used threatening behavior. What teams were playing?

...such salty people....thats what I thought, but they cant due to the first amendment, and this isnt defamation either, its showing how big of a dick the coach was and used threatening behavior. What teams were playing?
The First Amendment starts with the words "Congress shall make no law...". It's a restriction on the powers of Congress, not a free pass to post anything you want.

sandshark

SILVER ELITE
As we look back on our years watching our girls play soccer we have had way more good times then bad. Our issue was that after so many years ignoring the BS we just cant turn a blind eye to the clubs scam, coaches BS. We never had an issue with any parents, we just stayed clear of the idiots and ignored the little fake sideline clicks. We made sure to find the very best in the worst games and just cruised on through years of soccer. And YES all kids played on the very highest level teams and never one time ever had an issue with the players / team mates. But we have ran into a few coaches that were over the line inappropriate in their behavior towards their team players, parents and others. Some to the point where I have stepped in and told them point blank face to face that their BS will not fly within my family, some coaches agreed and some got a chip on their shoulder and took it out in other ways on my kids.
I am not under the impression that all coaches are bad or good. But I do know the entire industry is fast becoming a sham and built 100% on the business model of selling Snake Oil using parents love for their children as the sales pitch, it is all about the #'s and money!
Some coaches hate the business end of youth soccer and some thrive on the sham it has become. Just like anything when it comes to people you have good and you have bad, youth soccer seems to be forcing a lot of good coaches to join the scam to keep up with the bigger clubs running the sport. Its sucks, but if you really keep an open mind and listen to the coaches and find that one or two real guys (coaches) out there it is still fun. All of this is sad because in the end the kids are the only ones that truly pay the price of the scum bags selling BS and using the children for a pay check!

The First Amendment starts with the words "Congress shall make no law...". It's a restriction on the powers of Congress, not a free pass to post anything you want.
Are you trying to imply, First Amendment aside, that there would be some legal restriction against posting a video of a public event such as this?

ajaxahi

SILVER
Actually 200+ years of Supreme Court rulings have found it's about protecting the people's freedom of speech.

Actually 200+ years of Supreme Court rulings have found it's about protecting the people's freedom of speech.
How does that relate to posting a video on an internet forum service provided by a private business? Does a poster's First-Amendment rights trump the business owner's right to control the posted content?

And if you take the time to read it, it's quite a bit more and less than what people wish it to be.

ajaxahi

SILVER
How does that relate to posting a video on an internet forum service provided by a private business? Does a poster's First-Amendment rights trump the business owner's right to control the posted content?

And if you take the time to read it, it's quite a bit more and less than what people wish it to be.
I was just pointing out that the Supreme Court has found our First Amendment protections to be very broad. But I would agree that just because something is protected free speech, that doesn't mean Dom should be required to post it.