Roll Call - (2009s)

Interesting situation with SCDSL for the 2009 age group. SCDSL is giving 2009 teams an option to play 11 v 11 or 9 v 9. They will have flight 1, 2, and 3 for both options for this spring. I cant see too many G09 teams having 13-15 players to play up at the 11 v 11 option. I am curious to see which teams are going with the 11 v 11 option.

Interesting situation with SCDSL for the 2009 age group. SCDSL is giving 2009 teams an option to play 11 v 11 or 9 v 9. They will have flight 1, 2, and 3 for both options for this spring. I cant see too many G09 teams having 13-15 players to play up at the 11 v 11 option. I am curious to see which teams are going with the 11 v 11 option.
My G2009s are very close to having a roster of 15. I plan on playing them up as G2008s for the CSL season starting March 20, 2021. We want to play 11 v. 11, but CSL will have the G2009s play as 9 v. 9s.

My G2009s coach said we will be going 11 v 11. We were CDA Slammers Diamond Bar; but the team left CDA and we all made the move to Legends FC last year. Then covid happened.

From what you hear around, all Slammers G09 teams have a roster of 40/45 players with additional 20/25 new players showing up at each practice to tryout.
Maybe they could leave some players to other teams? :rolleyes:

From what you hear around, all Slammers G09 teams have a roster of 40/45 players with additional 20/25 new players showing up at each practice to tryout.
Very true. Everyone wants to go to blues and slammers Newport Beach.

In my experience, it doesn’t help our kids if they become bench players on elite teams. I did that with my boys and they quit by the time they got to high school.

For my daughter, it’s all about friends, coach respect, and playing minutes (not necessarily a starter but playing enough minutes).

They should; but it's probably the parents that want to keep trying to see if their daughter can make the roster. I am sure closer to roster deadline, the ones that didn't make it will be going to their second or third choices.

In my experience, it doesn’t help our kids if they become bench players on elite teams. I did that with my boys and they quit by the time they got to high school.

This.

If your kids aren't getting minutes, get them on a team where they will. It's okay for them to be starting and playing every minute for that Flight 2 team even if you think they should be in Flight 1 or in a letter league. They will have more fun on Saturday morning.

This.

If your kids aren't getting minutes, get them on a team where they will. It's okay for them to be starting and playing every minute for that Flight 2 team even if you think they should be in Flight 1 or in a letter league. They will have more fun on Saturday morning.
Especially at this age. They are still developing

What happened to the CA girls missing an entire year is truly sad...Lots of missed touches, training, games and most importantly the memories . Feel so blessed and lucky that Texas remained open for our 09G to play. Good to see a few CA teams playing in the Dallas Girls International Tournament here in Dallas Easter weekend. Best of luck to all your teams, and glad to here ya'll will be back on the pitch soon.

What happened to the CA girls missing an entire year is truly sad...Lots of missed touches, training, games and most importantly the memories . Feel so blessed and lucky that Texas remained open for our 09G to play. Good to see a few CA teams playing in the Dallas Girls International Tournament here in Dallas Easter weekend. Best of luck to all your teams, and glad to here ya'll will be back on the pitch soon.
Some CA folks played a lot more soccer than people may think. It was a bit of an unusual year as our girls had a chance to play a lot of pick up almost every week and scrimmage competitive boys teams...something we wouldn't be able to do in a normal year. Don't feel bad for CA...feel bad for the northern states who had to fight over indoor facilities or play in the snow.

We played 24 small sided indoor games over the past year. Plenty of futsal going on this past year. It’s not the same as regular soccer but it kept our kids active and having fun.

The 09 group will have some significant hurdles given that they lost a year of no headers and now it will be an 11v11 format on a larger field. Personally they should have delayed all the ECNL/DA for the 09s to give them time to adjust. Clearly it’s all about the dollars so that’s not something clubs will consider.

We played 24 small sided indoor games over the past year. Plenty of futsal going on this past year. It’s not the same as regular soccer but it kept our kids active and having fun.

The 09 group will have some significant hurdles given that they lost a year of no headers and now it will be an 11v11 format on a larger field. Personally they should have delayed all the ECNL/DA for the 09s to give them time to adjust. Clearly it’s all about the dollars so that’s not something clubs will consider.
Will be interesting to see if most 09's stay at 9 sided or move to 11's. If you have the numbers, seems to make sense to move to 11's.

Will be interesting to see if most 09's stay at 9 sided or move to 11's. If you have the numbers, seems to make sense to move to 11's.
Our team Solar South 09G Adames played nothing by 11 v 11 in the 08G group all year....Much better soccer spreading out the field. Able to use team speed that way......You all will love once your DD go 11 v 11........We have a 16 team roster too, so that definitely helps

Back