Rodman Going Pro

I think good for her. If she was going to college to be a CPA or a scientist then it might be an unwise move. If her goal was to play pro soccer and college was just a vessel then maybe a good move. She sounds happy playing soccer and can make a few bucks then she should go for it she is 20!. If she is done by 25 or even 30 she can still get a different career. Maybe even be moderator on a soccer forum

What do you expect her to say? I was not going to be academically eligible so I had to make this decision? Keep in mind that college players who were drafted are able to play this spring for their universities and then go on to their pro teams. UCLA has three seniors doing this. You will notice that Rodman is not because she cannot.
I believe what she had to say and that is enough for me. If no pandemic, she would have balled in the fall and win NCAA College Cup and then be a one and done player, MOO! Have you seen her play in person? I did for two years and she is the real deal. Her dream was to go to college with her bro, play a year or two and then go pro. WSU would have won it all with her. I'm sure she knows their will be zero chance of Spring soccer. I hope the girls can play but it's not looking good right about now. You make it sound like the draft was her back up because she didnt do her school work. Crush wrong? Seriously, she's #2 draft pick and will have all her needs met because she's one of the best. Her dad was insane and worked his off in every game. She is the same way. My dd and her and RT would battle in scrimmages and it was fun to watch. Something about those Blues players.

It is yet to be seen if she is one of the best and will make an impact. She has only played against other youth players, never with grown woman or at the full team level. I have also seen her play over the years and have seen other players go head to head with her. If college isn’t for her then going pro is a good plan but let’s see what she does and earn that reputation at this next level she will be playing at. Everyone sad MP was the next best player and over the years since she left UCLA it has not panned out yet. Injuries and other things can happen to derail one’s shiny plan and things don’t quite manifest. Wish her the best as now the real work begins.

It is yet to be seen if she is one of the best and will make an impact. She has only played against other youth players, never with grown woman or at the full team level. I have also seen her play over the years and have seen other players go head to head with her. If college isn’t for her then going pro is a good plan but let’s see what she does and earn that reputation at this next level she will be playing at. Everyone sad MP was the next best player and over the years since she left UCLA it has not panned out yet. Injuries and other things can happen to derail one’s shiny plan and things don’t quite manifest. Wish her the best as now the real work begins.
So what? She's is #2 and can play soccer full time and have fun. MP was in a bad system. Based on my studies, she was torn and I mean really torn. I believe she wanted college life and I think she would have been happier, MOO! The top goats all have different goat dreams. I know a goat that dreamed of playing at UCLA and she did and is going pro. Not all goats what to go to college. Some just want to play soccer, travel and visit the world. I swear I had a dream that my dd was teaching young girls in Iran how to play soccer. Dreamer I guess I am :)

I believe what she had to say and that is enough for me. If no pandemic, she would have balled in the fall and win NCAA College Cup and then be a one and done player, MOO! Have you seen her play in person? I did for two years and she is the real deal. Her dream was to go to college with her bro, play a year or two and then go pro. WSU would have won it all with her. I'm sure she knows their will be zero chance of Spring soccer. I hope the girls can play but it's not looking good right about now. You make it sound like the draft was her back up because she didnt do her school work. Crush wrong? Seriously, she's #2 draft pick and will have all her needs met because she's one of the best. Her dad was insane and worked his off in every game. She is the same way. My dd and her and RT would battle in scrimmages and it was fun to watch. Something about those Blues players.
Her dream was to go to UCLA. That is why she committed there. She could not get in academically so she switched to WSU, where her brother goes. Yes, I have seen her play. She is very good against youth players. She will now be playing against women. I think she is very talented, but I would not have taken her as the #2 overall pick. I beg to differ quite a bit on comparing her work ethic to her fathers.

Her dream was to go to UCLA. That is why she committed there. She could not get in academically so she switched to WSU, where her brother goes. Yes, I have seen her play. She is very good against youth players. She will now be playing against women. I think she is very talented, but I would not have taken her as the #2 overall pick. I beg to differ quite a bit on comparing her work ethic to her fathers.
She said her dream is pro and you say its something else. I'll go with what she says her dream is and I'll leave her grades out of this. It wont matter anyways so it's a mute point. Let's stay positive and wish her the best. Go Trinity!!!

I did wish her the best and I did say that if college wasn’t her path that is fine to go in whatever direction she thinks is best. I was objecting to the glowing praise and naming a player as queen of soccer before they have even stepped into the arena to prove their merit. Hope she achieves her dreams but let’s see how things go before we give her the trophy

I did wish her the best and I did say that if college wasn’t her path that is fine to go in whatever direction she thinks is best. I was objecting to the glowing praise and naming a player as queen of soccer before they have even stepped into the arena to prove their merit. Hope she achieves her dreams but let’s see how things go before we give her the trophy
I'm praising her for doing what she wants. According to her, she has a dream to play soccer. Some of you want to add the "school dream" to the soccer dream. That has always been my rant. I played all your egos because soccer was hijacked by some assholes. Not you, just those who like power & control.

You said her dream was to go to WSU with her brother. I corrected your false statement. Here is your quote: "Her dream was to go to college with her bro, play a year or two and then go pro." That was not correct. She wanted to go to UCLA.

You said her dream was to go to WSU with her brother. I corrected your false statement. Here is your quote: "Her dream was to go to college with her bro, play a year or two and then go pro." That was not correct. She wanted to go to UCLA.
OK, you know it all.....lol! Seriously, I was testing to see how much you really know things and well, you know things. Do you think she had a dream to play pro too or just UCLA and then become a doctor or lawyer?

Back