• LA without day camp guidance

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • OTH under day camp guidance

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OTH without day camp guidance

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ALL No dates have be given

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Tournament or full game play in July or August.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpeter

PREMIER
Return to Play & Practice

This thread & poll are only to discuss Return to Play & practice dates, if you want to share your frustration, joy, or related info please do so but lets keep politics, covid19,etc to a minimum and use other threads to discuss those topics.

Please let people express their opinions or votes without making judgments, moral, legal, or otherwise just stick to the facts basically, or if you have a specific questions or something of value to add or should be covered or voted on comment on those. If you are happy or not that's fine to share but let keep things civil, any suggestions to help out others would be greatly appreciated.

For Return to Play under day camp guidance see the following from San Diego County
https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/6253e3aa-531b-4342-89f7-c24c1589670a/downloads/DAY CAMP SAFETY PROTOCOL.docx?ver=1591488178914

US Youth Soccer Return to Play
https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/video/return-to-play/

For Cal South Return to Play guidelines:
https://calsouth.com/coronavirus/

Usclub (Ecxx, NPL, etc)
https://www.usclubsoccer.org/coronavirus

The poll is for returns starting week of 6/15 that your club has informed you about. You can come back later and change your vote, will be open for 35 days. 2 choices since Tournament Play is also included in the poll. If your club starts with Day camp guidance but later doesn't need to use that anymore please update your vote.

SD= San Diego County, LA=LA County, OC=Orange County, OTH=All other counties (SB, Riverside,Ventura, etc) ,
ALL= All Socal Counties if your in any of those but no Return to play has been communicated to you by your club or organization.
Tournament or full game play = Your club or team plans on playing a summer tournament (Surf, CRL, West Coast, etc) or some sort of league play during July or August.

Thank you for sharing and contributing in a positive manner.

Riverside county announced Wednesday no return for youth or team sports yet. They are not considered day camps by county.

Orange County just approved youth sports to open under camp guidelines this afternoon as San Diego has done so that gives allowance for cities to change their stance. I agree we will start to see teams out there now that city fields will start approving use.

Please vote or update your status so we have a better idea of where we stand as a group of individuals.

My player will be attending college and his school is open for workouts

However i heard today the City of Los Angeles has sent out reminders that said no parks or sites that the city operates are open or issuing any permits for any type of organized sports of any kind youth or adults. No use of parks grounds and no permits for any sports of any kind, no 1-1 training use, no group training, no games, practices, or gatherings of any kind. If or when the restrictions are lifted they would let people know.

This is the hardest line I've seen yet by a city but the sad thing is no timelines where even given. .

LA County also closing beaches this holiday weekend

Any word on OC?
Great Park?
Yes, several teams have started practice at OCGP. All but one we’re observing very carefully organized spacing between players. I posted previously that I recall noticing that one team’s practice looked a lot more like a normal practice with players grouped together during water break and gathering around a coach to hear his instruction.

I caught some heat including being called a little snitch which didn’t make me feel to good. But everyone’s got a right to their opinion here.

I have 2 players playing at OCGP. first got major lecture about whats at risk if rules aren't followed. It was great delivery. The other received very little. This week we received an email from that team that things needed to improve or risk permit being pulled.

Yes, several teams have started practice at OCGP. All but one we’re observing very carefully organized spacing between players. I posted previously that I recall noticing that one team’s practice looked a lot more like a normal practice with players grouped together during water break and gathering around a coach to hear his instruction.

I caught some heat including being called a little snitch which didn’t make me feel to good. But everyone’s got a right to their opinion here.
I'm sorry. I was just frustrated and I feel like everyone is a snitch now. The news today is just awful and and it's getting worse and it will get even more worse. LA is closing their beaches again and guess who will be coming to OC beaches? Maybe OC should close for locals only this July 4th? Just close it all down and no soccer and no nothing until Nov 4th. I'm done with soccer, I'm serious. We have bigger issues. You can have club soccer and college soccer. All yours. Enjoy!!!! I can't speak here anymore I dont think. PMs are heating up again. Its weird.

I'm sorry. I was just frustrated and I feel like everyone is a snitch now. The news today is just awful and and it's getting worse and it will get even more worse. LA is closing their beaches again and guess who will be coming to OC beaches? Maybe OC should close for locals only this July 4th? Just close it all down and no soccer and no nothing until Nov 4th. I'm done with soccer, I'm serious. We have bigger issues. You can have club soccer and college soccer. All yours. Enjoy!!!! I can't speak here anymore I dont think. PMs are heating up again. Its weird.
Like I said, I’ll look more closely this week, and will go from there. Maybe I am “misremembering“ what I saw. @Ellejustus always makes for an interesting conversation so maybe hang in there.
I for one am leaving the hardcore legalese and completely off topic bigotry to others.
This is a youth soccer forum after all. We do have things in common if we get over our righteous selves.

Like I said, I’ll look more closely this week, and will go from there. Maybe I am “misremembering“ what I saw. @Ellejustus always makes for an interesting conversation so maybe hang in there.
I for one am leaving the hardcore legalese and completely off topic bigotry to others.
This is a youth soccer forum after all. We do have things in common if we get over our righteous selves.
Amen!!!

Well said....sometimes we need a reminder not to proliferate the echo chamber. Thx

The administrator's malpractice in allowing them to participate can be tempered by use of the ignore function.

OCGP looked like half capacity. Lots of masks from the players, coaches and parents.

How are the kids doing?

6' drills seem ok for awhile but at what point does it become boring or not really interesting?

Beyond a couple weeks, 4x or more sessions of that some other motivations or training would be nice to keep interest up I would think but how do the kids fell about the "camp" style of distance drill trainings?

All drills and no scrimmage (or any sort of SSG) makes for a bored soccer player.
Especially olders......Zoom training was cool for a week or so. Beach started Day Camps yesterday. Did a great job with Drop Off, scanning, 10x10 yd paces for each player and multiple time slots per team. My DD’s were happy to at least be “distance training” with team mates.

however they are still not yet allowed to pass a ball between players.....which I find difficult to understand the reasoning behind it based on all the science that has come out about surface to human communication.

All drills and no scrimmage (or any sort of SSG) makes for a bored soccer player.

That's what my older players is saying he can do all the drills, shooting, or whatever he wants to without traveling or the hassles.

We have all the equipment and he knows the drills and can practice with a teammate or friends if he wants to at distance. Until real practicing starts hard to see the value for olders for the camp style training but maybe he's missing something else about it so just wondering?

Back