Reopening

Any organization playing competitive games right now is doing so illegally in California. This applies to both Adult and Youth sprots. All competitive sports are on hold unless they can hold socially distanced practices with players spaced 6 feet apart.

Here is the order. It specifically mentions soccer.

Recreational and Athletic Activities

1. Recreational and Athletic Activities that Involve Close Contact are Prohibited
    1. Participating in sports or recreational activities that involve physical contact or close physical proximity (within 6 feet) to people outside your household is not allowed because of the risk that such activities could spread COVID-19. These activities include, but are not limited to, football, rugby, basketball, baseball, soccer, boxing and martial arts, partner and team dance, water polo, hockey, lacrosse, and ultimate frisbee.
    2. However, these sports and activities are allowed to the extent people can engage in a modified versionof the activity while maintaining 6 feet of social distance at all times.
      • Example: A recreational facility opens its outdoor basketball court to its members. Members are not allowed to play a competitive basketball game, but are allowed to shoot baskets and dribble around the court as long as they do not come within 6 feet of one another. The facility must also comply with all other requirements of the Order issued July 2 and this Directive.
    3. While playing any non-contact sport (like tennis, bowling, running, or archery), you must maintain at least 6 feet of social distance from everyone outside your household at all times.

Any organization playing competitive games right now is doing so illegally in California. This applies to both Adult and Youth sprots. All competitive sports are on hold unless they can hold socially distanced practices with players spaced 6 feet apart.

Here is the order. It specifically mentions soccer.

Recreational and Athletic Activities

1. Recreational and Athletic Activities that Involve Close Contact are Prohibited
    1. Participating in sports or recreational activities that involve physical contact or close physical proximity (within 6 feet) to people outside your household is not allowed because of the risk that such activities could spread COVID-19. These activities include, but are not limited to, football, rugby, basketball, baseball, soccer, boxing and martial arts, partner and team dance, water polo, hockey, lacrosse, and ultimate frisbee.
    2. However, these sports and activities are allowed to the extent people can engage in a modified versionof the activity while maintaining 6 feet of social distance at all times.
      • Example: A recreational facility opens its outdoor basketball court to its members. Members are not allowed to play a competitive basketball game, but are allowed to shoot baskets and dribble around the court as long as they do not come within 6 feet of one another. The facility must also comply with all other requirements of the Order issued July 2 and this Directive.
    3. While playing any non-contact sport (like tennis, bowling, running, or archery), you must maintain at least 6 feet of social distance from everyone outside your household at all times.
Not in NV :)

I am asking because I do not know not because I being mean. Does Albion have any boys teams that compete? We know LVSA 03 silver is going to do well. I do not know what else they have there either. I live in my 03 bubble on the boys side.

Legit question. From what I've heard, Albion will have u13 and u14 in. The olders will be MLS 2 league. Not sure if that is official yet.

I am asking because I do not know not because I being mean. Does Albion have any boys teams that compete? We know LVSA 03 silver is going to do well. I do not know what else they have there either. I live in my 03 bubble on the boys side.

Also heard the Vegas teams will start in the 21, 22 season so the LVSA 03 team may have some players graduating before they start.

Also heard the Vegas teams will start in the 21, 22 season so the LVSA 03 team may have some players graduating before they start.
Maybe. Most LVSA Silver are older 03s and in 2021 class. I heard the MLS league would have some season or showcases in 2021 spring. Who knows. I also heard ECNL start is pushed back to October. I just want to see my son play again. I would like to see him have one last Surf just for nostalgia.

Maybe. Most LVSA Silver are older 03s and in 2021 class. I heard the MLS league would have some season or showcases in 2021 spring. Who knows. I also heard ECNL start is pushed back to October. I just want to see my son play again. I would like to see him have one last Surf just for nostalgia.

I hope it happens for you. I'll be happy to just see some scrimmages happen here soon.

Some data out of Texas...

65,290 kids participated in strength and conditioning training and football practices this summer.

278 tested positive for Covid (274 contracted it at home, and four contracted it from other sick kids at the training and practice).

4 kids needed hospitalization (zero deaths).

So out of more than 65,000 kids, there were a total of four Covid cases that were traced to player-to-player transmission at practice. That is 0.006%.

That seems pretty dang low risk.

Some data out of Texas...

65,290 kids participated in strength and conditioning training and football practices this summer.

278 tested positive for Covid (274 contracted it at home, and four contracted it from other sick kids at the training and practice).

4 kids needed hospitalization (zero deaths).

So out of more than 65,000 kids, there were a total of four Covid cases that were traced to player-to-player transmission at practice. That is 0.006%.

That seems pretty dang low risk.

You and your kids can go first.

Reactions: STX
You and your kids can go first.

No problem.

It would be tough to describe the joy plastered onto my daughter's face as she competed in her first competitive games in almost 5 months at her tournament last weekend.

That boost to her mental health and well-being has been well worth what appears to be that 0.006% chance that she may catch the virus by continuing to train and play normally. Soccer is giving her some semblance of "normal" in an environment that is anything but.

But that's just our own decision. Make your own responsible choice for what is a worthwhile risk or not.

Back