Ref Shortage

Not sure if this is a question, bitch (it is socalsoccer) or observation.

Kid plays SCDSL F1 Champions. The past 2 weeks we have played with a single ref for our games.
Follow up; one of the other teams in our overall club (different area) drove the 60+ miles to the same place we had one (late) ref to find none had showed up.

Reiterating what I said in my original post, stuff happens and maybe a ref can’t make it but if the league is scheduling games but unable to find refs, perhaps they should notify the teams beforehand.

I saw a couple other posts here about issues finding refs in North OC. I know bitching anonymously on a forum gets absolutely nothing done but if the refs aren’t getting paid enough to show, raise the pay. If it’s the abuse from parents, play a “closed door” game. Let someone video the game and the parents can watch it after.
The kids are the ones that suffer while the league (SCDSL in this case) is still collecting dues

I had to run from my daughter's game to AR a game. I knew I was going to be just in time for the game, but was still so stressed out, I texted the referee days before to let him know I wouldn't be there 30 minutes prior.
It is the refs that contact their partners when they are going to be late that I hate.

Back