Recruiting Tips for Parents Just Starting the Process

All college players have been given an extra year of eligibility. That gives coaches an extra year of players. Not a lot of need of college Id camps right now. Coaches will need less players for the next three years.

What percentage of players do you think will actually take that extra year of eligibility?

Hmm. Bill Gates spells the word “Fair” differently than you do...??

Maybe the deeper meaning in your name is to-say that “life’s not a Renaissance Faire?

;). Glad you’re back
'Fair' and 'fare' are homophones, words that sound alike but have different spelling. 'Fair' is an adjective to describe good-looking, mild or something that is equal and just. ... 'Fare' is a verb and a noun used to tell how something did or the price of something, like a bus tour airline ticket or club soccer in Socal.

It’s actually fairly true that ren faire fare will make its consumer fare poorly a fairly short time after you’ve paid the fare, even if at the time that you paid the fare it seemed like a fair price and there was a fair expectation of the fare tasting good. ???

i guess signing up for club soccer, having the season cancelled, not getting any $ back kinda goes down like Renaissance faire fare...

It’s actually fairly true that ren faire fare will make its consumer fare poorly a fairly short time after you’ve paid the fare, even if at the time that you paid the fare it seemed like a fair price and there was a fair expectation of the fare tasting good. ???

i guess signing up for club soccer, having the season cancelled, not getting any $ back kinda goes down like Renaissance faire fare...
Pay the fare at the fair rate and get treated unfairly? It's the way the game of life was being played in the old days. A new game is going to be played and it will be a game of rules that everyone has to follow or they can;t play. It's the fairest way to go and no one will have to pay an unfair, fare!!! All one needs to do is play fair and be fair in the new no fare life :) Envy and jealously will not be allowed in the game.

Is it true that the SEC, ACC and Big 12 schools are looking into having ID Camps starting October/ November?
I’ll email Nathan at FSU and see if I can get an update. But if I remember correctly in June Nathan sent out a notice to be on the lookout for Fall ID camps possibly in conjunction with home games.

Is it true that the SEC, ACC and Big 12 schools are looking into having ID Camps starting October/ November?
I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. I wanted to send an update to our subscriber list about our camps here at FSU.

Currently the NCAA is in a dead period which prohibits any camps with prospect age players (2020, 2021,2022, 2023). The dead period was extended last week until August 31st. Our hope is to have ID camps this fall around some of our home games if the NCAA and campus allows us to host them.

I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. I wanted to send an update to our subscriber list about our camps here at FSU.

Currently the NCAA is in a dead period which prohibits any camps with prospect age players (2020, 2021,2022, 2023). The dead period was extended last week until August 31st. Our hope is to have ID camps this fall around some of our home games if the NCAA and campus allows us to host them.
I believe the dead period has been extended past August 31st. More like September 31st as of now. Maybe October 31st in the next few days.

Even if colleges are not allowed, they will attend. Soccers tournaments have been happening in the South/Northeast. And although there's a freeze on college scouting, reports are the scouts are there. They just aren't wearing their school logo.

The dead period through 9/30 (likely to be extended to 10/31) is just D1.
D2 is quiet until 8/31. Normal D2 recruiting can resume on 9/1.
Isn’t the dead period only for in-person visits and coaches observing games, like school tours and officials or coaches going to watch a tournament? Phone calls, emails, texts, and zoom meetings are all ok right now during the dead period. Or are you guys just talking about coaches going to watch games, which there aren’t any games to watch in SoCal anyway. So, why does extending the dead period even matter to anyone? Or does dead period mean no contact at all?

Isn’t the dead period only for in-person visits and coaches observing games, like school tours and officials or coaches going to watch a tournament? Phone calls, emails, texts, and zoom meetings are all ok right now during the dead period. Or are you guys just talking about coaches going to watch games, which there aren’t any games to watch in SoCal anyway. So, why does extending the dead period even matter to anyone? Or does dead period mean no contact at all?
I was just answering someone’s question. Yes, you are correct that players can still call, email, text and zoom.
To answer your question, a D1 dead period extension would impact a player’s ability to take official visits. For those of us in California and other states where kids can’t play yet, that’s about it.

I was just answering someone’s question. Yes, you are correct that players can still call, email, text and zoom.
To answer your question, a D1 dead period extension would impact a player’s ability to take official visits. For those of us in California and other states where kids can’t play yet, that’s about it.
Thanks!

Back