Recruiting for 2022 girls?

Definitely biding our time... 22s may bear the brunt of this logjam...I agree with what you’ve said before- better times ahead!

Just heard this last night...that we may go from a dead period to "quiet period" -- sounds like coaches would be able to scout/attend showcases/events, but not "talk" with players yet...? Don't know all the details and I'm sure there's more to it, but I guess this is a proposal coaches are bringing to the NCAA to be voted on...so hopefully moving forward a bit but in baby steps...fingers crossed!

Just heard this last night...that we may go from a dead period to "quiet period" -- sounds like coaches would be able to scout/attend showcases/events, but not "talk" with players yet...? Don't know all the details and I'm sure there's more to it, but I guess this is a proposal coaches are bringing to the NCAA to be voted on...so hopefully moving forward a bit but in baby steps...fingers crossed!
Yes coaches can go out recruiting starting 4/16, but prospective students athletes aren’t allowed to visit campuses until June

Mine is a 2022 junior right now and has been getting some great response the past month from college coaches which includes email and phone calls. Coaches even offered to travel to see her games. Granted I helped her write her contact emails and had a new highlight video put together that they seem to really like. She is focused on smaller private colleges which are D2 or D3. She is a 4.5 GPA so should be able to get some academic aid as opposed to athletic which some of those schools dont offer.

Mine is a 2022 junior right now and has been getting some great response the past month from college coaches which includes email and phone calls. Coaches even offered to travel to see her games. Granted I helped her write her contact emails and had a new highlight video put together that they seem to really like. She is focused on smaller private colleges which are D2 or D3. She is a 4.5 GPA so should be able to get some academic aid as opposed to athletic which some of those schools dont offer.
These are awesome stories i want to hear from the 2022 class. Wish you and your daughter the best of luck. Please keep us updated. Good luck!

I'm just hoping she gets to play so all the 2022's can get on these coaches radar.

She sent out about 12 introduction emails to local so ca colleges and got 4 solid responses that have promise. It is a narrow scope because she wants to stay close to home. If a kid is looking nation wide there are much better odds of finding something in my opinion. She did make 2 of the connections via the CaptainU recruiting website which is a paid service but seems pretty useful. A ton of coaches search profiles on the site.

My 2021 has player profiles (free) on NCSA and CaptainU that she completed early on in the recruiting process (and I think CaptainU profiles were required by some showcases she did her Freshman and sophomore years) . They are not current and do not have updated video. She has already signed her NLI so she’s obviously not looking to be recruited, but she continues to get 2-3 emails a week from coaches who found her profile on these platforms who are still trying to fill their rosters. Many of them state there is a lot of academic and athletic aid up for grabs. I don’t know if I would pay for these services, but my point is it never hurts to at least take advantage of the free profiles b/c in these uncertain times you never know what opportunities it may generate - especially if your kid is open to opportunities outside of CA.

My 2021 has player profiles (free) on NCSA and CaptainU that she completed early on in the recruiting process (and I think CaptainU profiles were required by some showcases she did her Freshman and sophomore years) . They are not current and do not have updated video. She has already signed her NLI so she’s obviously not looking to be recruited, but she continues to get 2-3 emails a week from coaches who found her profile on these platforms who are still trying to fill their rosters. Many of them state there is a lot of academic and athletic aid up for grabs. I don’t know if I would pay for these services, but my point is it never hurts to at least take advantage of the free profiles b/c in these uncertain times you never know what opportunities it may generate - especially if your kid is open to opportunities outside of CA.
CaptainU is a joke! We paid for a few months before going to a tournament in the US and my daughter would regularly get CaptainU generated emails that would say a coach just looked at your profile or opened your email - only problem was we live in another country and if it were true the coach would be opening emails at 3:30am US time. I questioned CaptainU and they gave me a BS response. It did give my daughter confidence because she thought that coaches were interested in her. lol.

on a side note: She got an offer from a coach that came to watch her at that tournament years ago. Once we had the list of universities coaches that were attending the tournament we narrowed it down based on where she would want to live if she didn't play soccer. She doesn't care about how good the university's football teams is. She wanted to live in a city and weather was a factor so it narrowed it down to two. She visited the 2 universities and coaches before the tournament, gave them her schedule and they came to the tournament and watched a couple of her games. Her team had one game with a top nationally ranked team. We guessed that coaches would be watching top-ranked teams so we emailed coaches on her B List and asked them to come to that specific game. Their team lost, but she individually played well and got lots of interest from a few of those coaches. What I'm trying to say is that you don't need to pay for CaptainU!

For those who have kids with great grades and professional soccer aspirations, the attached program could be a potential option. I recommend the Paris campus so your kid could potentially play at PSG. If your kid makes the PSG squad, they could finish their degree in France and if not return to Cal.

For those who have kids with great grades and professional soccer aspirations, the attached program could be a potential option. I recommend the Paris campus so your kid could potentially play at PSG. If your kid makes the PSG squad, they could finish their degree in France and if not return to Cal.

There is no way that anyone that gets accepted to Science Po will play a sport professionally. It's takes more than "great grades".

Back