Recruiting for 2022 girls?

MMMM

BRONZE
So, what’s happening in girls’ recruiting out there on the West Coast with the extended dead period? here on the East Coast it feels like the stakes suddenly got a lot higher — lots of kids and coaches scrambling, getting put on verbal commitment clocks, etc. And all this with a lot of kids not on the radar for the range of schools they were hoping to be in the mix for, what with last spring’s season and showcases cancelled and no ID camps since March. My sense is that anyone who’s been talking to coaches will get a verbal commitment before end of year or it’s on to a restart with a late spring recruiting season, at which point the coaches may just move on to the 2023s. Sucks for these girls.

crush

GOLD
I just had one of my old pals from one of my dd old teams that she hopped from basically tell me again, "DD should have taken the deals in 8th grade." Ya, I can see his point because 2022s are in a tough spot right about now. I would also say 2021 and 2023. Their will be a log jam of players on all the rosters. My Q. Will college soccer even happen in 2021 in California? Me and Grace know this is going to last a very very long time folks. I say sit it out and see what happens after Winter.

Giesbock

SILVER ELITE
Seems likely that the top “known “ 2022s have already had serious conversations With coaches and have some idea of their options.

We’re definitely not in that group and things have gone pretty quiet for my kid...still training, keeping in touch with her short list, gearing for an ID camp early next year (no D1 or 2 coaches) and holding out a slim hope for a few league games and Surf Cup. I think we were supposed to be at Silverlakes for a big showcase..? Oh well.

crush

GOLD
Seems likely that the top “known “ 2022s have already had serious conversations With coaches and have some idea of their options.

We’re definitely not in that group and things have gone pretty quiet for my kid...still training, keeping in touch with her short list, gearing for an ID camp early next year (no D1 or 2 coaches) and holding out a slim hope for a few league games and Surf Cup. I think we were supposed to be at Silverlakes for a big showcase..? Oh well.
I feel you bro. No rush right now for dds. I used to like things fast and always look to get ahead, but I have learned the secret of living with zero time. It's the most amazing transformation I have go through in my 54 years. Don't think about tomorrow or next week or even next year and get this, not even retirement. I know, sounds to good to be true, right? Keep watching the show and take this time to be with family and loved ones. My dd went camping for two days ((cant say where)). no internet. She got back late last night and said, "dad, we had zero internet. So we had to go skate boarding, surfing and climb tress and play games for two days." That is awesome. Getting ready to take her to East LA for adult league game. I'll share the scores over at soccer only thread that footy put together.

crush

GOLD
I feel you bro. No rush right now for dds. I used to like things fast and always look to get ahead, but I have learned the secret of living with zero time. It's the most amazing transformation I have go through in my 54 years. Don't think about tomorrow or next week or even next year and get this, not even retirement. I know, sounds to good to be true, right? Keep watching the show and take this time to be with family and loved ones. My dd went camping for two days ((cant say where)). no internet. She got back late last night and said, "dad, we had zero internet. So we had to go skate boarding, surfing and climb tress and play games for two days." That is awesome. Getting ready to take her to East LA for adult league game. I'll share the scores over at soccer only thread that footy put together.
USL game update. My dd was too tired to get up and had a change of heart. 100% next Sunday :)

Giesbock

SILVER ELITE
Recruiting update: a coach on my daughter’s list sent her an email a few days ago asking to set up a call with us.

Not her first choice and still many options to weigh but that’s the first certain interest...

Proud as heck for how she’s driving the bus!

happy9

GOLD
Recruiting update: a coach on my daughter’s list sent her an email a few days ago asking to set up a call with us.

Not her first choice and still many options to weigh but that’s the first certain interest...

Proud as heck for how she’s driving the bus!
Keep up the fire with the outreach. Coaches and programs are under the gun to gain commits and doors may open that weren't there previously. My oldest (2021) was lucky with an early commit. A good friend of his had coaches go radio silent over the summer but is now sitting in the driver's seat with a few programs. Great player who should play at the next level but initially kept his choices very narrow. Has now re-focused and realized there are more opportunities than previously existed.

Each program will be different. Some are writing off the 21 AND 22s since seniors and freshman are being extended. Other programs know their seniors are not extending and may be having freshman retention problems.

Good luck, she'll play somewhere!