Recommend me a portable goal/net/diy option

Hi! So, the only place around with soccer goals turns out to be an HOA community... my son and I were kicked out of it by their security person... So, I'm thinking on getting a portable goal, net, or even dyi option that resembles the 8x24 measurements. Can you guys recommend anything (under $200 maybe?) that I can just put together in a park?

Thanks!

Hi! So, the only place around with soccer goals turns out to be an HOA community... my son and I were kicked out of it by their security person... So, I'm thinking on getting a portable goal, net, or even dyi option that resembles the 8x24 measurements. Can you guys recommend anything (under $200 maybe?) that I can just put together in a park?

Thanks!

You get what you pay for. https://bownet.net/collections/ussf-goals

We have a Bownet and it is great, sturdy, well made...only negative is that it can hard to put up by a single person. My daughters keeper coach uses a GOLME....lighter than the Bownet and can be put up easily by a single person, not quite as sturdy as the Bownet. Both are really good options IMHO.

Just search for GOLME on Amazon.

I have 2 large bownets. They are really nice. But they can get tangled up if you aren’t careful putting them away.
I think I’ll be spending my Saturday trying to get them untangled.

Find a wall (or fence) your kid can kick the ball against. I think walls are substantially better than portable goals because you can get more reps, work on passing/receiving, shooting, and it can be done alone.

Find a wall (or fence) your kid can kick the ball against. I think walls are substantially better than portable goals because you can get more reps, work on passing/receiving, shooting, and it can be done alone.
While this is true, I have not had much luck finding walls like this. I know of one about a mile from my house, but like a good surf spot, I am not sharing the location. :cool: Stucco walls will be damaged by kicking a ball against it.

Cheap option is a pair of flags. $20 and 10 seconds to set up. however, no net and you can’t use them on astroturf.

bownets are lovely, but expensive and take a bit more room to store. does take a few minutes to set up/ take down.

Back